Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Poyet left, who would you want?

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Right, before i get abused, i dont think he is leaving, i dont want him to leave, i think him an tano are staying for the long term

but what im saying is, If poyet left to join another club, and took tano with him, who would you be happy with as his replacement, obviously, it has to be a realitic appointment, no point in saying mourinho, but who?

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
JT.

Beat me to it lol

Sent from my iPhone using P+ R

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Nobody.

I know it sounds ridiculous but I will probably cry when Gus goes.

He's the best thing that's happened to this club in my lifetime and I don't think any appointment will make me happy, and whoever it is will take a long time to win me over.

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
Nobody.

I know it sounds ridiculous but I will probably cry when Gus goes.

He's the best thing that's happened to this club in my lifetime and I don't think any appointment will make me happy, and whoever it is will take a long time to win me over.

How old are you?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Micky-Adams-001.jpg

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Pep Guardiola might, at a push, be able to step into his shoes, but beyond that I'm frankly stumped.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If we'd got to the Prem by then - Brendan Rodgers
If we're in Championship - Roberto Martinez
If we're mucking about in League One - Paolo Di Canio

I would want another young, progressive manager. These are (currently at least) out of our league, but someone like Solskjaer or Lambert. Basically another Poyet-type appointment. We wouldn't (necessarily) have to play the same tiki-taka football but at least someone with ideas.

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
I am very concerned about the Leeds vacancy at the mo, when Bates sacked Grayson I didn't give a thought to Gus maybe being enticed to go as I thought he didn't like Bates at all. after reading his comments yesterday about how he likes and respects Bates as well as saying "he would manage Leeds at any time, but not now of course!" has unsettled me a bit, I just hope they announce a new manager ASAP ( prob going to be Warnock). I think that Gus is a completey honourable Man and don't really think he would go to Leeds yet, as he is still building us to be a fantastic Championship/Premier team. I just can't help worrying that we may lose him to another club. As to the OP's question I really can't think of anyone other than Gus managing us.

Last edited:

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
It would need to be someone with a real vision for playing passing football, Brendan Rodgers. Failing that Barry Fry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here