Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Poyet left, who would you want?

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I think the whole Suarez/Evra racism row that Gus waded into, and that a lot of fans now see us as a team of cynical, diving, dirty cheats will put a lot of people off wanting Poyet at the moment

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Would never happen ever and wouldn't suit the team Gus has built really, but I'd like Harry Redknapp. Just because he amuses me more than anything.

On a serious note I don't know. Just trying to pretend Gus will be like Fergie, and they'll have to pry him out of the job with a crowbar.

D

Deleted member 22389

I am very concerned about the Leeds vacancy at the mo, when Bates sacked Grayson i didn't give a thought to Gus maybe being enticed to go as i thought he didn't like Bates at all. after reading his comments yesterday about how he likes and respects Bates as well as saying "he would manage Leeds at any time, but not now of course!" has unsettled me a bit, I just hope they announce a new manager ASAP ( prob going to be Warnock). I think that Gus is a completey honourable Man and don't really think he would go to Leeds yet as he is still building us to be a fantastic Championship/Premier team. I just can't help worrying that we may lose him to another club. Aas to the OP's question I really can't think of anyone other than Gus managing us.

I would not worry. Thing is a lot has changed since Leeds where last in the premiership. Obviously they have the crowds to get them back to the premiership, but just like every other club they are going to need a hell of a lot of money to even think about competing with the likes of Man Utd, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea again. If you don't have the funds available your going to struggle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Martinez did for Swansea what Gus has done for us so it goes to prove that their would be life after Gus.

Guy Butters.

He's done great things at Winchester City. Currently unbeaten in the last 19 league games. Top of the table by 3 points, with two games in hand.

And he posts on their fans' forum.

Jameson

I think the whole Suarez/Evra racism row that Gus waded into, and that a lot of fans now see us as a team of cynical, diving, dirty cheats will put a lot of people off wanting Poyet at the moment

Really? Bit over the top, I don't think it's like that at all. I think a lot of clubs would sniff around; he's a winner and a leader.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
Boom boom boom,
Let me hear you say

Kerry_Mayo.jpg

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
What I think interesting is that Poyet has and continues to stamp his identity on everything this club does. To the type of players we bring in (from 1st team, development squad and to youth), the style of play that the whole club plays, the training facility, even to the size of the AMEX pitch. Whoever does replace Poyet, will inherit a massive legacy.

Brighton is more than just a job of manager to Poyet..........its a project. Something that is not finished.

Maybe Poyet has in a sense determined the type of manager that follows him. Therefore Martinez, Brenda Rogers or Di Matteo

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Brendon Rogers, Roberto Martinez, Karl Robinson or Simon Grayson- not saying we could attract these type of managers but that is who I would like.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here