Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Poyet left, who would you want?

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
Did he? I thought that was Avram Grant?

You are right, sir, I stand corrected (unless I try to get away with saying that I meant "down the table" rather than down from the Premiership......!!)

But I do think Zola could carry on Poyet's work here.

I wouldn't have Oatway or Williams.

Nothing against them, but I've seen the 'promote from within' policy fail so many times, that I wouldn't want to risk it. I know it worked for ages at Liverpool, but they're the exception, not the rule.

Remember what happened with Jeff Wood, Martin Hinshelwood............? And Sammy Lee, Steve Kean and others?

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
Alan Curbishley would be my shout.

Dont think GUS will go but his comments were almost a "come n get me" IMO (ie "We will have to see". The " Not yet though" was almost like an after thought.)

D

Deleted member 22389

Alan Curbishley would be my shout.

Don't think GUS will go but his comments were almost a "come n get me" IMO (ie "We will have to see". The " Not yet though" was almost like an after thought.)
Just watched the Seagulls World press conference for Leicester and I got that impression too. Put me on a bit of a downer if I am honest. Stupid I know.
Leeds quite rightly are a massive club, however if you don't have the funds to sustain yourself in the Premiership then you will never be a massive club. And a lot has changed financially since Leeds where in the Premiership.

Like I said earlier, players and managers go, but the support remains.

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing

Agree like Gus they've both got a bit of class, the way stand at the side of the pitch, the way they dress, the way they remonstrate. Unlike Russell Slade who I will always respect for the way he saved us from relegation when I thought the cause was lost, but unfortunately didn't look quite the same in his tracksuit and baseball cap.

The ghost of Jack Douglas. His performance in Carry On Girls as the strange-sounding, CLOMP-burping, receptionist and telephonist says to me he has the mettle and artistry necessary to take us to a new level. It was also filmed in Brighton, i believe, wasn't it, so the ghostly him will remember his way around the area well.

SNN1939J-280_685703a.jpg

This! Beat me to it! Although I think Sir Arthur Wellesley could do a job.If the job should require that the successful applicant must be alive, then it has to be Curbishley.He`s a great,proven manager and he deserves the chance of managing one of the really big clubs like ours.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
This! Beat me to it! Although I think Sir Arthur Wellesley could do a job.If the job should require that the successful applicant must be alive, then it has to be Curbishley.He`s a great,proven manager and he deserves the chance of managing one of the really big clubs like ours.

I think you could do a job salty, utilising those special people skills from years at the cafe :)

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Gianfranco Zola.

Yes, yes, I KNOW he took the Iron down, but there were other issues there.

He'll want to prove himself, like a player who didn't quite work out at one club, but then does better at another.

He's flair like Poyet, and as we all saw on the pics (but knew anyway), he's a friend of Poyet's, so would be likely to get all the inside info he'd want.

As long as he doesn't bring the Poison Dwarf with him, I reckon Zola could be a good fit.

But I'd also be happy with Di Matteo, Martinez or Rodgers, as others have said.
Yep he's the man i would love here,loves good football too:)

He would be odds on for the job if poyet fu*ked off:)

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Just watched the Seagulls World press conference for Leicester and I got that impression too. Put me on a bit of a downer if I am honest. Stupid I know.
Leeds quite rightly are a massive club, however if you don't have the funds to sustain yourself in the Premiership then you will never be a massive club. And a lot has changed financially since Leeds where in the Premiership.

Like I said earlier, players and managers go, but the support remains.
Its not the first time either but as a person he needs to keep his options open,i really can't understand why leeds is so attractive,not done anything for years and overspent trying to win the champions league,only got 19k against birmingham aswell,are they really one of the biggest clubs in england anymore?

Anyway managers never last that long and to be honest im never worried about losing managers as the club is far far bigger:)

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Charlie Oatway. And if he won't become manager, just ask rednapp, if he's out of prison by then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here