Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I am NOT a Poyet fan. There I have said it.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Come on leave poor Richie alone - maybe he' changd his mind now and LOVES Gus...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I love the way these rash knee jerk reactions come back to haunt posters :lolol:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
100% agree with everything you said, Walt Jabasco. We're lop sided completely, and if you're going to ignore the left wing then you should have an attacking left back in the side to atleast attempt to add some balance, which McNulty would. And I agree, moving Bennett to right back when we're chasing a game is just daft, though it works if we can get him forward on the overlap.

I don't like alot of what he says, either. He moans an awful lot about football in England (deal with it) and I don't like the sarcastic way he refers to the Withdean and to our training facilities. They've not changed, they were like this when he took the job.

I am worried we all got carried away and Gus is actually not that great...

Morning Morons.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
one step forward anyone NOT enjoying this

aah that will be everyone having fun except the ninja elephant and uncle walt then
:)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I may have taken this seriously if any of the above was true! Not using width? are you mad? Bennett on one side and Lua Lua on the other (ok he is injured at the moment, but thats how Poyet wants us to line up clearly). This is the first season in a long time that I have been thinking how great it is that we are playing two out and out wingers!

Painter - If we are scoring goals and keeping clean sheets he can stay in his own half all day for all I care

I like how people see something that makes absolutely no sense in the current climate and respond to it without stopping to check the date.

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
Well, maybe that is a bit strong. The man himself is clearly brilliant in a madcap sort of way.

I also appreciate he is a superb coach.

But I have to say I have been less than won over by his tactics. By NO means am I sticking the boot in and declaring he should be sacked. Hopefully things will come good and nobody would be happier than me if it was under Poyet.

I just think a few people are getting a little carried away.

Results have gotten slightly better on the face of it. But they couldn't have gotten any worse.

Concerns:

- I really do not like the lop-sided way we line up - especially at home. Murray thrives on balls into the box. With no natural width on one side, Murray is relying more on long balls forward to flick on. We should be getting the ball wide, using the width and getting crosses in. We just do not put teams under sustained pressure.

- Painter over McNulty? The loanee only crossed the half way line about three times yesterday, where-as Jimmy has set up some important goals this season by getting forward. On the evidence so far, Painter is not better. You could probably say the same for Hoyte and Whing.

- Full-backs 'tucking in' alongside central defenders. A very Premiership way of defending but since Poyet has come in, our full-backs hardly attack and play very narrow when defending. I guess the feeling it you force people wide rather than inside and running at Elphick and Virgo, but we are surrending too much space in wide positions.

That is just for starters.

:bla: :wanker: :US:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
In fairness I have said on a load of other threads he has improved things recently. And the tone of that first post was very much 'I hope Poyet can get things working and it isn't all bad...'.

I still have doubts over his man management, but the random substitutions and weird lop sided formation seem to have disappeared.

And the comments about Murray thriving on playing with WIDE players was pretty much PROVED as he has got better since we started playing with wingers...

Onwards and upwards and all that.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
I still have doubts over his man management, but the random substitutions and weird lop sided formation seem to have disappeared.

And the comments about Murray thriving on playing with WIDE players was pretty much PROVED as he has got better since we started playing with wingers...

Yes, you've been proved absolutely, 100% correct. Thank f*** this amateur Poyet has developed as fine a footballing brain as you. Phew!

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
In fairness I have said on a load of other threads he has improved things recently. And the tone of that first post was very much 'I hope Poyet can get things working and it isn't all bad...'.

Fair enough if you have, but you set yourself up with these bold statments attempting to be prophetic.

You made your comments when Poyet was still fairly new and had a lot of shit to sort out.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I am NOT a Walt Jabasco fan. There I have said it.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach

Insufficient to get out of hole. Try again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here