Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I am NOT a Poyet fan. There I have said it.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
I still have doubts over his man management,

Have you not seen the slow, gradual unlocking of the brilliance of Murray?

I actually think his man management is one of his strongest assets. My biggest worry with Gus is being able to keep him.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Have you not seen the slow, gradual unlocking of the brilliance of Murray?

I actually think his man management is one of his strongest assets. My biggest worry with Gus is being able to keep him.

Remind me when Murray WASN'T class? His early season goals (i.e. before he got injured) were probably the main reason we stayed up last season.

Also, would be interested to hear actual examples of Poyet's brilliant man management...

Anyhow, we are getting off track. Poyet is doing well. Yay.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Remind me when Murray WASN'T class? His early season goals (i.e. before he got injured) were probably the main reason we stayed up last season.

Also, would be interested to hear actual examples of Poyet's brilliant man management...

guessing you are talking about a certain left back?
Can you show how Poyet is not a good man manager then? To me the players seem happier and playing with a fair bit of freedom than they have done for while which in my view shows good man management.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton

Not taking any shit from Forster is one for me.

Dandyman

In London village.

Well...How about turning Tommy Elphick back into a decent player, allowing Peter B. to overcome his early flutters to show his true goal keeping talent, instilling some discipline, self-belief and focus into a team lacking all three...

p.s. Off topic but some new stuff for you at our favourite Shepherds Bush shop. :thumbsup:

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Well...How about turning Tommy Elphick back into a decent player, allowing Peter B. to overcome his early flutters to show his true goal keeping talent, instilling some discipline, self-belief and focus into a team lacking all three...

:

Quite right. It really is one hell of a turn around from that team we were watching under Slade.
I know there have been wholesale changes in personnel but from a team down in the dumps, leaking goals at will, that instilled zero confidence in either the crowd or each other, it really is a very impressive coaching feat.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Quite right. It really is one hell of a turn around from that team we were watching under Slade.
I know there have been wholesale changes in personnel but from a team down in the dumps, leaking goals at will, that instilled zero confidence in either the crowd or each other, it really is a very impressive coaching feat.

I don't think there have been wholesale changes from Slade - eight of the team that started on Saturday were here under Salad. It's the self-belief that the team sees to have that has made the difference.

And I agree with Southampton Seagull that his dealing with Forster was first-class. He could have capitulated to player power and I reckon that would have meant a lot of trouble further down the line. That showed that Gus had a certain toughness about him - something that Slade, sadly, didn't.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
I don't think there have been wholesale changes from Slade - eight of the team that started on Saturday were here under Salad. It's the self-belief that the team sees to have that has made the difference.

Maybe you are right with the stas but it sure feels like an entirely different team.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
And the big public UPS he gave to El Abd and Navarro in the press.
Both of them have been excellent ever since. He's instilled some self-belief and confidence there.
I can't believe the El Abd thing in particular. The amount of mocking Poyet got on here for suggesting that El Abd was the best centre half at the club, and for me this was compounded by season ticket holding CHUMS of mine (whose footballing opinions I do respect) complaining ad nausium at how El Abd backs off and backs off and backs off and was responsible for many goals we conceded. Now look at things - part of a defence that has conceded 1 goal in 5 games, and stroking the ball out of defence when the opportunity arises.

Poyet saw this potential a lot earlier than ANYONE on here.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Flicky, flicky off

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I can't believe the El Abd thing in particular. The amount of mocking Poyet got on here for suggesting that El Abd was the best centre half at the club, and for me this was compounded by season ticket holding CHUMS of mine (whose footballing opinions I do respect) complaining ad nausium at how El Abd backs off and backs off and backs off and was responsible for many goals we conceded. Now look at things - part of a defence that has conceded 1 goal in 5 games, and stroking the ball out of defence when the opportunity arises.

Poyet saw this potential a lot earlier than ANYONE on here.

:wave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here