Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I am NOT a Poyet fan. There I have said it.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The Withdean Width problem is a myth. We just lack more than one genuine wide player is all.

I am worried we all got carried away and Gus is actually not that great...

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I am still hopeful we will be ok. I just think most Brighton fans - myself included - got caught up in the hype.

Our football has got better, but our form hasn't.

Fingers crossed and all that just not sure we can afford to wait for a top class coach to learn his way to being a decent manager.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
We can't afford to wait, we should sack him tomorrow

I'm liking the cut o' ya jib there Mr B! Have you anybody in mind to take over the 'hot seat'? 3rd time lucky for Mr Micky perhaps?? :banana:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Tomorrow? Sack him NOW. That would unquestionably be the way forward for EVERYONE involved with the club. NOW.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Fingers crossed and all that just not sure we can afford to wait for a top class coach to learn his way to being a decent manager.

Why's that? Are there a number of proven managers banging on the door?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I am still hopeful we will be ok. I just think most Brighton fans - myself included - got caught up in the hype.

Our football has got better, but our form hasn't.

Our form has got a bit better. Just not at home (in the league).

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Beating poor teams is an improvement from not beating them, surely. Winning at Walsall is not a bad result, Exeter too.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
The Withdean Width problem is a myth. We just lack more than one genuine wide player is all.

I am worried we all got carried away and Gus is actually not that great...

It is not a myth though.

We have had our best results at Withdean in recent years playing a target man.

Even when Zamora was here he often played up front on his own, but he had the ability to hold the early ball up and bring Brooker and Hart into the game or turn and run with the ball.

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
Well, maybe that is a bit strong. The man himself is clearly brilliant in a madcap sort of way.

I also appreciate he is a superb coach.

But I have to say I have been less than won over by his tactics. By NO means am I sticking the boot in and declaring he should be sacked. Hopefully things will come good and nobody would be happier than me if it was under Poyet.

I just think a few people are getting a little carried away.

Results have gotten slightly better on the face of it. But they couldn't have gotten any worse.

Concerns:

- I really do not like the lop-sided way we line up - especially at home. Murray thrives on balls into the box. With no natural width on one side, Murray is relying more on long balls forward to flick on. We should be getting the ball wide, using the width and getting crosses in. We just do not put teams under sustained pressure.

- Painter over McNulty? The loanee only crossed the half way line about three times yesterday, where-as Jimmy has set up some important goals this season by getting forward. On the evidence so far, Painter is not better. You could probably say the same for Hoyte and Whing.

- Full-backs 'tucking in' alongside central defenders. A very Premiership way of defending but since Poyet has come in, our full-backs hardly attack and play very narrow when defending. I guess the feeling it you force people wide rather than inside and running at Elphick and Virgo, but we are surrending too much space in wide positions.

That is just for starters.

I may have taken this seriously if any of the above was true! Not using width? are you mad? Bennett on one side and Lua Lua on the other (ok he is injured at the moment, but thats how Poyet wants us to line up clearly). This is the first season in a long time that I have been thinking how great it is that we are playing two out and out wingers!

Painter - If we are scoring goals and keeping clean sheets he can stay in his own half all day for all I care

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here