Hyypia Out or In

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyypia Out or In

• Total voters

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
There is improvement albeit only some,which IMO has given Sammi more time. In all honestly i think its Sammi that needs a manager,he can work with ,who is in charge,especially player recruitment !!!

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
sam_zps2aac3aea.png

hyypia_zps4eba59fb.gif

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
In, In and In. Sami stays; and looking at the names of those who've voted out, well let's just say I'm confident the board room contains one or two more individuals with a modicum of sense and reasoned intelligence.

I'm proud of those with the sense to say fence or in, it takes balls to back a beleaguered man.

Changing manger all the time does not work, fact. In any case proportionally, alas currently not the case, this poll will hopefully prove more are undecided and behind the manager than those trying to take centre stage with their impotent hands clenched in fists of rage.

I pity ye fools.

Kosh

As others have suggested, you are acting all high an mighty on something that is just an opinion. By the way, we don't change managers all the time. We have only sacked two managers in the last 5 years. Not many clubs have a record like that!

I have voted in and will continue to do so until we are being outclassed week in and week out.
This is not the case yet. I don't think it will be any time soon either.

I don't think Tony is going to hit the panic button and bring in the experienced English manager, many on here want.
That does not fit in with the strategy for the club.
If it becomes inevitable that Sami has to go, then I suspect he is more likely to bring in another young unproven manager.
Someone who buys into what the club is trying to achieve.

In my opinion that will leave us back at square one. Which is why I would rather Sami had the rest of this season to develop the team and his managerial skills. I genuinely think this is the best of the likely options.

I voted out but I'm not bothered whether it is an English manager of an overseas one. We have been lucky in that we gave a chance to inexperienced managers in Poyet and Garcia and it paid off. With Hyypia, I was happy for him, with his pedigree, to be given a chance, but I don't see him being successful. Under Bloom, we don't have a record of sacking managers after a short period but that doesn't mean when shouldn't when the situation warrants it.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
The 'Sami would be fine if we had good players' argument fails on two grounds.1 We do have good players - OK not Ulloa standard, but players good enough for mid table mediocrity at worst 2 He had quality at Bayer Leverkusen and was bad there. Today's tactical display was an insult.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We're making slow but important improvements.

Blackburn are a decent side and while it was a frustrating game, they did their best to ruin in with constant game stopping tactics.

I've been a big critic of Sami, but in playing wingers as wingers, he's got our shape looking better. He gets the nod to stay from me as I wouldn't sack him while things do look like they are getting better.

As for those that boo'd us off having secured a draw against a side in the top 7, who were unbeaten in 6, only lost 1 in 10 - you are utterly deserving of my contempt and disgust!

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Start of the season with the attacking football at least it was exciting to watch. The past few home games have been woeful. Football under Garcia wasn't good to watch but at least we got results. Poor football with poor results, I wouldn't be upset to see him go.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Quality player, poor manager.

Professional football is littered with them. In fact the best managers seem to be those who had distinctly average playing careers. Getting the best out of other people is a whole different skill set from getting the best out of yourself.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Why keep changing team, we need a settled 11!

I think the midfield looked lightweight Tuesday night. I'd have made the Tex - Ince switch I've got to say.

Other than that it was the same team wasn't it? So pretty settled to only have that one change.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Sadly I've had enough. We looked like the away team for much of the afternoon.
The manager shows a distinct lack of tactical awareness, nothing seemed to change.
Oirish was the only bright spark - and too late.
Baldock is a lightweight version of CMS (CMS must have been injured?)
And we bring on an alleged centre forward in injury time.

BlueMan58

Oct 18, 2014
I agree with you entirely.... we need a leader on the pitch.... Joe Bennett showed quality again today, more like that from the rest of the team and we'll be ok. Also Walton is much better keeper than stockdale, keep him in the side.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
We have moved backwards in every aspect of our play compared to the last two seasons. Some of that is due to the quality of our players and some is down to poor organisation and decisions on the pitch by the "management". We can't afford the 2 or 3 seasons it would take for Hypia to improve. We are only delaying the inevitable.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Today for me was a must win game when you look at our next run of fixtures and yet again we did not deliver.
The players had plenty of huff and puff but sadly lacked organization and direction.
He may of had a glittering playing career but he sadly lacks the leadership and passion to manage.
I had my doubts about him weeks back, but for the good of the club he needs to stand aside.

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Hyypia and his sidekick must go now, before it's too late. Granted they've been dealt a dud hand by those responsible for bringing in players but they don't seem have the slightest idea what to do. Their formations are un-identifiable, their tactics worse and their substitutions laughable. You're chasing the game so you take off one striker and replace him with another? On Tuesday, they put on a defender/striker who is taller than probably anyone else in the team and put him where? On the right wing!!!! Clueless, they must go now before they drag the club down-with all the financial and other consequences that that entails!

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I think, as we have had for a few games, we now have a hardcore of fans who would watch the team were the entire management staff to be jettisoned and the club commandeered by UKIP, who have seen these type of doomed managers before, and will wait and wait until it happens. Meanwhile, the fans we need more - the 90% at Falmer - will continue to know what this is like and possibly be alienated. But then, a new manager will come in and possibly rejuvenate them. Or, as has never happened before, the seemingly tactically inept manager will improve beyond recognition. I didn't envisage Sami winning another game after Bournemouth. But Wigan were a gift of a team. I'd like him to pull it together, but that second half - in which his opposition number had sussed us as if tiddlywinks were the game - suggests not.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
As others have suggested, you are acting all high an mighty on something that is just an opinion. By the way, we don't change managers all the time. We have only sacked two managers in the last 5 years. Not many clubs have a record like that!

I voted out but I'm not bothered whether it is an English manager of an overseas one. We have been lucky in that we gave a chance to inexperienced managers in Poyet and Garcia and it paid off. With Hyypia, I was happy for him, with his pedigree, to be given a chance, but I don't see him being successful. Under Bloom, we don't have a record of sacking managers after a short period but that doesn't mean when shouldn't when the situation warrants it.

Okay.. but then what? Who do you expect to come in and turn things around?

This is was always going to be a transitional season with a new manager and a widely new team. It was likely to start badly and hopefully improve.
In my opinion the situation doesn't warrant it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports