Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyypia or Hantz?

Hyypia or Hantz

• Total voters

ruthers

Feb 24, 2013
Neither.

And now it's clear this club has only a realistic ambition to be an average championship team how about we reflect this in season ticket & match day prices in the future?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Move with the times?...Ok honest question, what did you think of the football Burnley played this season?

I thought they were great. What's your point? Is that the only way to get promoted, and is it a guaranteed way?

This 'Spanish revolution that didn't work' -

Season one target: don't get relegated- Achieved easily
Season two target: get promoted- Achieved embarrassingly easily
Season three target: stay up, and try not to get drawn into a relegation battle- Achieved easily
Season four target: make the play-offs- Achieved easily
Season five target: make the play-offs- Achieved

Which part of it didn't work? The bit they must have missed out about 'play football a way that dinosaurs like Kevtherev will understand'?

How would you say it compares to all the other clubs around us who all want to get promoted just as badly, and are trying just as hard?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Neither.

And now it's clear this club has only a realistic ambition to be an average championship team how about we reflect this in season ticket & match day prices in the future?

Yeah, I think you're right. Bloom has decided that he'd rather not get any of his £100 million back, he's happy to just go without it.

How likely do you honestly think that is? Note the word 'think', you could use it in future.

Jam

Jan 19, 2012
And what's you point?. They did have them and they did score 47 goals between them. I think if your auntie had balls, she'd be your uncle.

You asked about the football played by Burnley. Admittedly, those two didn't win them second place on their own, but they wouldn't be where they were if they had one fit striker for most of the season.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Neither.

What an ignorant statement. I'm sure we're talking to a manager last seen taking Bayer Leverkusen into the last 16 of the Champions League and selling him mid table mediocrity!

Personally, I think it's a tough choice and comes down to two questions. Firstly, back room staff as Hyypia on his own is less proven than with his head coach at Leverkusen (Lewandowski was it)? And secondly, the budget. Do we have lots of money to spend from Bridcutt's sale and possibly Ulloa going. If so, I think Hyypia would be better for attracting quality players. If our budget remains low, I think Hantz would be a better option as he's worked in that situation in France.

Jam

Jan 19, 2012
Neither.

What? Who would you prefer as manager

Jam

Jan 19, 2012
What an ignorant statement. I'm sure we're talking to a manager last seen taking Bayer Leverkusen into the last 16 of the Champions League and selling him mid table mediocrity!

Personally, I think it's a tough choice and comes down to two questions. Firstly, back room staff as Hyypia on his own is less proven than with his head coach at Leverkusen (Lewandowski was it)? And secondly, the budget. Do we have lots of money to spend from Bridcutt's sale and possibly Ulloa going. If so, I think Hyypia would be better for attracting quality players. If our budget remains low, I think Hantz would be a better option as he's worked in that situation in France.
Completely agree with this. And following your logic I would say Hantz is the more realistic shout due to our FFP dilemma.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Completely agree with this. And following your logic I would say Hantz is the more realistic shout due to our FFP dilemma.

That could be true. A lot may depend on Ulloa and whether we sell him. I think if you gave them the same team to work with Hantz would be the option. But I think Hyypia's name and the respect he has in this country from his time at Liverpool may just win it for him.

It's funny to think that this time last week, Hyypia wasn't being mentioned and few had heard of Hantz. The board have kept it all very quiet!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I thought they were great. What's your point? Is that the only way to get promoted, and is it a guaranteed way?

This 'Spanish revolution that didn't work' -

Season one target: don't get relegated- Achieved easily
Season two target: get promoted- Achieved embarrassingly easily
Season three target: stay up, and try not to get drawn into a relegation battle- Achieved easily
Season four target: make the play-offs- Achieved easily
Season five target: make the play-offs- Achieved

Which part of it didn't work? The bit they must have missed out about 'play football a way that dinosaurs like Kevtherev will understand'?

How would you say it compares to all the other clubs around us who all want to get promoted just as badly, and are trying just as hard?

You really have no idea just how much Poyet was given, have you?...Why do you think we only signed 1 player on a contract that didn't expire at the end of the season, last season under Garcia? The decks have been cleared because Poyet signed the players HE wanted, to play the way HE sold to Bloom and oh yes, it was so close to working and I believe would have worked had Poyet not had a hissy fit when he was finally told NO MORE.....The style and mentality is about to change, poor Garcia never really stood a chance. You don't think we are down to 13 players by bad planning do you?.....This is why I can't believe Hantz will get the job.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You really have no idea just how much Poyet was given, have you?...Why do you think we only signed 1 player on a contract that didn't expire at the end of the season, last season under Garcia? The decks have been cleared because Poyet signed the players HE wanted, to play the way HE sold to Bloom and oh yes, it was so close to working and I believe would have worked had Poyet not had a hissy fit when he was finally told NO MORE.....The style and mentality is about to change, poor Garcia never really stood a chance. You don't think we are down to 13 players by bad planning do you?.....This is why I can't believe Hantz will get the job.

Don't start re-writing history about budgets. Barber told us categorically, and I heard it with my own ears, that Oscar had the same budget as Gus.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

So if Garcia never stood a chance, why were you on his back constantly and moaning about how bad he was? Is it because you are just a serial negative, boring person who needs to moan because it makes you feel better?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Don't start re-writing history about budgets. Barber told us categorically, and I heard it with my own ears, that Oscar had the same budget as Gus.

Of course he had the same budget, all the same players were under contract....i.e same out goings = Same budget....and for what it's worth, whilst I would never accuse anyone of lying, Barber is a very good pr man. It's not what they say you should take on board, it's what they won't say. Like every good politician.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
So if Garcia never stood a chance, why were you on his back constantly and moaning about how bad he was? Is it because you are just a serial negative, boring person who needs to moan because it makes you feel better?

Garcia's hands were tied, but that's no excuse for the dull football he dished up. For what it's worth I liked the guy as a person but his short comings as a manger we really exposed towards the end of the season......I'm sure you are fully aware that only 5 of the players who took the field against Derby in the second leg, are still with the club and two of them will be gone by the start of next season....If that didn't ring alarm bells, then it bloody well should have done.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

So the style of football that goes down right to kids teams will dramatically change because we released a few players? Wouldn't back on it (thankfully, in my view long term planning beats short term gains).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here