Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyypia or Hantz?

Hyypia or Hantz

• Total voters

albionite

May 20, 2009
I have just been told by a source that was proved right over Gus going and Oscars appointment, that it is between Hughton and Hyypia, make of that what you will,

Everyone has a source has anyone been right yet. More bollocks as far as i'm concerned

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I'm liking the sound of this Hantz fella. Wouldn't be disappointed with hyypia just worried about his ability to turn it round if we hit a bad run. At least they are not hughton or sherwood

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Does anyone know what kind of football each manager plays?

People were excited (rightfully so) of Garcia when in his first season at Maccabi won the league, however, over here the football was worse than watching paint dry at times. Surely who ever is likeliest to deliver entertaining attacking football?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

People were excited (rightfully so) of Garcia when in his first season at Maccabi won the league, however, over here the football was worse than watching paint dry at times. Surely who ever is likeliest to deliver entertaining attacking football?
Surely promotions are more important?

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Surely promotions are more important?

Derby came very close to promotion were very attacking whilst playing attractive entertaining football. It depends on priorities. I'd rather we played decent football and was a top 10 championship side than play ugly lump it upfield football, maybe stay up then get relegated. Subjective matter, but I think everyone would rather watch entertaining football seeing how much they spend a season at the club.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think it is too easy, and perhaps occasionally a little arrogant, to suggest that being a manager in the top flight of French football is not qualification enough to manage in the Championship.

The quality of the league is certainly enhanced by its openness, and overall there isn't quite so much the situation that we see in French Rugby where titles are always bought (PSG excepted).

Bastia have produced some gems of their own in the past, such as Michael Essien, and have a UEFA Cup final appearance to their name (Years ago when I was young). Wiki says Claude Makelelé is their new manager.

If the Top 4 of our Premier League, and Manchester United were taken out, I wonder how the two leagues would compare then.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
according to Wikipedia, Hantz has been managing a Bastia team including Casillas, Lahm, Ramos, Ronaldo, Messi, and Bale. obviously they must be knackered playing for two teams (though honestly think some would probably if given a chance), but 10th isnt good enough. and he's french, and Hyypia knows about the English game. a no from me.

though seriously, point above about playing to budget is a very good case for Hantz.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

I know I've said it before but I don't think attacking football is in the albion "project" plan. Both the last two managers have been "build slowly from the back" and I see that pretty much continuing, and I expect them to appoint someone to do it more or less. Not saying I agree, just seems to ge the way we are going.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Ticked Hantz, but does anyone know if he speaks english may of been mentioned before but i've missed it. Would change my mind if he doesn't speak the lingo.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Ticked Hantz, but does anyone know if he speaks english may of been mentioned before but i've missed it. Would change my mind if he doesn't speak the lingo.

Brian Owen says- Plenty about Fred Hantz in The Argus today. I'm told he has decent English and would be confident of being fluent within 3 months.

Theyorkshireseagull

Aug 31, 2011
Leeds
I fancy Hyppia to bring in a load of Liverpool Development players, they'll work well alongside all the Barca B players we got last season....

Will trust TB's decision, at the end of the day he'll meet them multiple times going through various plans and presentations about their approach etc then choose the best man for the job. Not just look at Wikipedia and toss a coin!

Mark24

Mar 1, 2010
Hove
Last time we had a Fred managing us, we had good wins every week... #OldGitsJoke... He'll do for me...

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

No, whoever is most likely to deliver PROMOTION is who we want. Unfortunately l have grave doubts that either of this sorry duo can.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I hadn't realised Corsica was on a par with the Pile of Shite population wise. Seems odd then that it supports TWO top flight clubs (Ajaccio and Bastia) in France, a country with a greater population than the UK, let alone England, whilst our own Isle of Wight's biggest club ply their trade in the Wessex League, which must be about 15 tiers down from the top level.

Isle of Wight, Population 138,400
Corsica Population 322,120

Not really about the same is it? More than twice the size. Also Corsica has two teams at league level in Bastia as well as two in Ajaccio. So not really comparable to the Isle of Wight.

They are both surrounded by water though.

Happy to be corrected, I thought those numbers looked a bit odd. Really don't have a problem with either fella, if they have impressed in interview and they want the job, fine by me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here