How much longer do you think you have to live?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I'm 21 at the end of this month. If I can get to 50 and look even half as good as, say, Sir Bruce Forsyth, then that will be mission accomplished in my books. Because let's face it, he pre-dates the dinosaurs yet still manages to perform at Glastonbury and host TV shows and do interviews without so much as a stutter.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
During a very despressing Summer this thread is the most despressing of the lot. Reading this the life expectancy of NSC must be around 40-50. It is lower than Albert Square reading this thread. To odds of dying within a specific age range is below.

40-45 100/1
45-50 61/1
50-55 41/1
55-60 28/1
60-65 20/1
65-70 13/1
70-75 9/1
75-80 6/1
80-85 4/1
90-95 2/1
95-100 under 2/1

during a very despressing summer this thread is the most despressing of the lot. Reading this the life expectancy of nsc must be around 40-50. It is lower than albert square reading this thread. To odds of dying within a specific age range is below.

40-45 100/1
45-50 61/1
50-55 41/1
55-60 28/1
60-65 20/1
65-70 13/1
70-75 9/1
75-80 6/1
80-85 4/1
90-95 2/1
95-100 under 2/1

i put £200 on me dying between 80-85:moo:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
A long time ago I aimed to outlive both of my parents, who died aged 50 (Mother) and aged 54 (father). I did that about 5 years ago and am 60 next week - 8th July.

Fairly fit and healthy, people keep telling me I don't look my age, and seeing as I am just about to pick up the phone and try and buy season tickets for the first time for me and my (older) brother in a minute, I would hope I (We) make it to the end of the upcoming season.

But other than that, I can't say I really think about it, other than to agree with LB and others along the lines of wouldn't want to go past my sell by date.

PS - just done the my longevity thing - 87.

Last edited:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Worrying about this question has put years on me, but I have just bought the season tickets mentioned above - yippee!

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
That Aussie longevity site reckons I will live to 92! Average for a 50 year old now is 80. So I'll happily take the range 80-92.

Probably should do something about a pension...

PG

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
More like how long do I think it will be before the wife finds out?.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
Wow, well done. What were you like before the heart attack? Did you lead a healthy lifestyle before then? Or was the heart attack a wake-up call? I turn 40 this month and the idea of a heart attack before I see my son grow up is terrifying.

Thanks for response my lifestyle was exactly the same, had a virus 6 weeks before which wiped me out.When I started to feel well again I resumed my running and a couple of hours after a pre marathon training run I felt I'll and got rushed in. Cut a long story short the consultant reckons the virus had inflamed my organs and I overexerted myself too soon after causing it. This is 2 years ago, seems like a lifetime if I'm honest. Makes you realise what's important in life mate, keep well!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I'm 21 at the end of this month. If I can get to 50 and look even half as good as, say, Sir Bruce Forsyth, then that will be mission accomplished in my books. Because let's face it, he pre-dates the dinosaurs yet still manages to perform at Glastonbury and host TV shows and do interviews without so much as a stutter.

When you're 50 you wish to look like Bruce Forsythe? How remarkably odd.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Did the longevity site and came up with 89.
I'm 53 now and been an insulin dependent diabetic for 22 years - the survey did not ask me for this info and since all my life policies for the last 21 years have carried a 100% health loading, not sure if that survey is fatally flawed [pardon the pun].

As others have intimated, quality of life is essential. If I can't do the things I enjoy, best not be here ....

Dancing Sock

Dec 8, 2012
Brighton
With medicine getting better and better, meaning things like cancer will be curable and world hunger not being an issue due to things like GM foods on the way in, at the age of 16 I still could be looking forward to another century. I also hate smoking, have no intention to destroy my liver with loads of alcohol consumption and starting from about a month ago eating healthily, a century added to the 16 years I've lived out may not even be what I manage.

Some scientists have said that babies born in the past couple of years will still be alive in the middle of the 22nd century, which thinking about it is just crazy! Current world record is 122 years old, which will be the norm come a hundred years probably.

With medicine getting better and better, meaning things like cancer will be curable and world hunger not being an issue due to things like GM foods on the way in, at the age of 16 I still could be looking forward to another century. I also hate smoking, have no intention to destroy my liver with loads of alcohol consumption and starting from about a month ago eating healthily, a century added to the 16 years I've lived out may not even be what I manage.

Some scientists have said that babies born in the past couple of years will still be alive in the middle of the 22nd century, which thinking about it is just crazy! Current world record is 122 years old, which will be the norm come a hundred years probably.
... and war will rage throughout the world as the struggle for scarce resources intensifies, and two-thirds of the no-longer-dying population demand higher taxes to be paid by the younger generations to keep them in old age comfort.

Nah. Have a long life and enjoy it.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder

Just be careful crossing the road;)

joker

BHA Blues Away
Aug 2, 2010
Eastbourne
Had my first heart attack at 43, didn't really pay heed to the warnings and subsequently had four more since, having said that, I don't smoke and eat healthy but lack exercise.
Since my bypass, I feel so much better and know intend to do exactly as I'm told

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
My Mum told me that I would live until I was 74, only 33 years left in this world! (She was a bit of a psychic!)

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Probably until I stop breathing. As a serious answer, hopefully long enough to have a few sprogs, see them grow up and have some of their own...as I'm only 25 I'm hopeful of managing it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports