Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much longer do you think you have to live?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Hopefully long enough to get the Amex senior citizens discount.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
A legal document of just a year ago said i had a life expectancy of 53 years. Upon reading that at work, my manager fell around laughing, believing, like i did, that i meant i had just another 16 years left. Typically, and cruelly, it meant i had ANOTHER 53 years. Jesus H Bumstalker i'd be 89 by then and that's a lot of time to be laced with regret and doomed for lack of progress thanks to an eternal weakheartedness. It does beckon breaking that 100k post-rate though. Ups and downs eh. Altogether now: harumph.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Several times last season, I thought I was going to die of boredom. Seriously though, like a few on here Dad's side not great, he left us at 65. Mum's side a lot better, her mother got the telegram from the Queen. So hopefully somewhere in between hopefully.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Life expectancy is going upwards, fast. Most blokes of 20-30 can expect to live to 90 at least. By mid 2000's one in 4 people will live to 100. If a man gets to 65 he can expect to life to 85 now.

Scientists think the maximum capacity for a human body maybe close to 150-200, but in the future with replaceable body parts it could be longer. The brain is the only thing science wouild find hard/impossible to replace.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am 70 in October but as people are living to an older age now who knows I just hope that I live long enough for my youngest grandson to legally buy me a beer in a pub.

Mr H

Mar 8, 2012
LA
20 extra years.jpg

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
My parents are both in their mid 70s and going strong but after suffering a stroke on Boxing Day I cannot see me getting that far. It has made me realise that I was ignoring the signs of stress and overworking so at least what ever time I have left will be at more of a pace I can control and I now try to avoid stressful situations....the Palace game was he'll!!!!! It still won't stop me trying to squeeze what I can out of each day as you only live once but now I need to take my foot of the throttle when I get the warning signs.

dandanthebrightonfan

Jan 29, 2012
BN14
My father-in-law is 70 & over the last 15 years has got progressively more miserable,he spends his entire life taking pills for this and that and worrying about dying,i kid you not he has just brought a house because it's next door to a doctors surgery! if i've heard the saying "the old enemy" once i've heard it a million times, the ironic thing about it is there is f**k all wrong with him! if he gets a cold he's on deaths door, the only thing he lives for is to out live everybody else,which he probably will.

I'm in my mid forties and hopefully have a good 30 years left,unfortunately i will spend most of it listening to him moaning :shootself

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I'm 27 and hope to reach at least retirement age so my pension I've been paying into since I was 16 doesn't go to waste.

shabba

Dec 22, 2004
Bookham
This is one of the more interesting post on NSC as it is a preoccupation for us all. I was very overweight, on four types of medication for varying ailments and at 51 was not expecting much more than another 10 years. Lost, some weight and dumped all the medication and got fit. Now I hope another 17 years at least, till my twin boys are 21 and hopefully more. However, as previously posted, who knows, live for today and sleep when you are dead! Long life, health and happiness to you all!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Several times last season, I thought I was going to die of boredom.

You should have gone to some games mate. It was the best season I can remember out of my 50.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
After reading this thread I reckon I've got till the end of the week at the very latest.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
If my very, very, stressful life stays the same as it is, I'll be lucky to make it into my 50's. I'm 43 and predict I'll have a fatal heart attack in the next 10 years. Still, you gotta laugh :) Live your life as best as you can. Try to do what makes you happy. You never know when your time's up. A friend of mine was as fit as a fiddle, went to the gym, never smoked or drank and he died from a healthy lifestyle ....
he was run over by a Holland & Barratt lorry.....

*coat*

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
I'm in my late forties now - would hope to see my seventies, so I reckon i've got about 25 years left.

Anyone else contemplated this?

We might as well end it now!! Most morbid and depressing post I have ever read on here

We might as well end it now!! Most morbid and depressing post I have ever read on here

I'm not sure about that, when you get to my age, mid forties, it starts to become something you think about.

I'm having my Will done next week and spent yesterday afternoon discussing it with my daughters.

Jimmy Grimble

After the weekend I've had I'll be lucky to reach Monday I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here