Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much longer do you think you have to live?

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Hello everyone!

This is a nice topic to discuss.
No one can tells the certain date of death. But some spiritual power able psychic can predict the possible date sometimes.

I've learned more about psychic from here http://psychic-readings.us

That's great. Welcome. Nothing too technical but you might be able to help as I was wondering if you could predict what the pie special might be tomorrow?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Good question. My parents have both been blighted with ill health. I therefore have a theory that they have exhausted the full Tubthmper family allocation of illness and I will therefore live to a ripe old age. So far so good as my health is perfect and my fitness well-above average and at the age of 45 I have never had anything go wrong. Dead by 46 then.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I'm 67 now, with a pacemaker and arthritic knees. In order to get in my sailing dinghy and race today I had to take a tablet ( amongst lots of others) of Diclofenac sodium, which I understand will kill me at some stage, so they said on the breakfast programme. Still who wants to live forever, when your life flashes before your eyes at the end, just make sure it's an interesting watch.

Diclofenac is an anti inflammatory in the same family as ibuprofen and, so far as I'm aware, is not linked with death unless taken in heroic quantities.

The odd tablet for arthritic knees is probably ok. Sail on silver bird...

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Diclofenac is an anti inflammatory in the same family as ibuprofen and, so far as I'm aware, is not linked with death unless taken in heroic quantities.

The odd tablet for arthritic knees is probably ok. Sail on silver bird...

I am pleased you have said this .....................we have had a long discussion(thread) about this and I have along with other threatened with an early death if we continue to take Diclofenac so I have been on bloody co-codamol for the last three months and last night the pain become so bad I took a Diclofenac:ohmy: and this morning was feeling less pain
Heroic quantities you say, don't think it about that its about the cost to the good old NHS.

on a similar subject does anyone know if the NHS use calendar or lunar months as my other half gets on of her tablets in 28's and has the same row with the Chemists when she turns up 28 days after her last prescription and they say if you got it on the 6th you get it on the 6th the next month ?????????

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I am pleased you have said this .....................we have had a long discussion(thread) about this and I have along with other threatened with an early death if we continue to take Diclofenac so I have been on bloody co-codamol for the last three months and last night the pain become so bad I took a Diclofenac:ohmy: and this morning was feeling less pain
Heroic quantities you say, don't think it about that its about the cost to the good old NHS.

on a similar subject does anyone know if the NHS use calendar or lunar months as my other half gets on of her tablets in 28's and has the same row with the Chemists when she turns up 28 days after her last prescription and they say if you got it on the 6th you get it on the 6th the next month ?????????

How bizarre. The only medicine I have ever seen given out in 28 day doses is the contraceptive pill!

I discovered only last week I have a grandfather still alive (who I have never met) at the age of 97. Just as well as my other 3 grandparents checked out in their 60s

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
My grandad lived to 106 and his daughter - my auntie - celebrated her 100th a few months ago moaning that " you'd think the Queen could manage a bloody smile on my card from her ... miserable cow. "

Hope for me ? Not sure either of them drank and took as many class A's as I have though.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Probably until I stop breathing. As a serious answer, hopefully long enough to have a few sprogs, see them grow up and have some of their own...as I'm only 25 I'm hopeful of managing it!

Well me from the past, you'll be pleased to know that the first sprog is due in June and death hasn't happened to us yet.

Keep up the good work, see you again next time this is bumped, much love, You.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
When I was a 1901 member I wanted to live for at least the life of the stadium just to get value from my 'enforced' licence fee! Now I am a ESU'er I have rather less years to worry about but still hope for around late 80's

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Just checked out my pension and seeing the usual "what i may get as a pension at 60" scenarios etc i calculated that the annuity rate had me down to live until 88 ..which i guess will make me well happy as long as do not become senile and start to p1$$ my pants :shit:

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Like seemingly many on here, I'm rapidly approaching my mid forties (44 this month). Mother's family all seem to have popped off between 50 and 60, dad's side between 80 and 90, so who knows.

Life's a lottery...be lucky!

But I came into this work covered in blood and screaming...intend to go out the same way!

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I quite often think of this seeing as I have now reached 53.

But Ed is right; live good and you'll die a happy person. I have some good friends and a handful of them never go out, never go abroad, obsess too much about paying the mortgage off. Bollux to that; I'd rather spend what I've got and then a bit more.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I have now had 36 cardiac arrests, so I'm just glad to still be here, oh, and I broke my neck in the early eighties

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
And should we start with LuaLua ?

If we do we'll go through if we don't we won't...OG got lucky eventually starting Kaz 5 games ago result WWDD then cleverly dropped him and we L until He came on then that bit we W...

has Garcia got the cojones Poyet didn't have last year?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here