Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hoskins to Bournemouth - allegedly a fee has been agreed [merged]

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
This is one of the most nonsensical transfer rumours I have ever heard. Something must be amiss for Hoskins to leave so soon.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Not happy,,we only just got him fit...Better be someone good and fit coming in,would be very underwheelmed with Vokes or Kitson now tbh...f*** SAKE!!

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
maybe he went to gus and asked to play on a more regular basis. Gus said he couldn't give him 1st team football, and if he wants to leave he can.

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
I think a lot of people have probably guessed about right on here. Tobi has emerged as an option for a fourth striker and he will be on a small wage.

Hoskins going for the same amount we paid him to free up some wages for a target man to bring the best out of CMS sounds very plausible to me.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
How much do you think they'd give us for Harley ?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
My gut feeling is that this is a bad move for the Albion, BUT, I do trust Gus and Tony to do the right thing, so I can only assume that this move is part of a plan to move the team forward.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Exactly, why would you trust Tony and Gus ? I mean look at the shit we are in now.

We are not in the shit now, you are right. So why change the squad, Hoskins showed glimpses against Bristol City of what he can do. Just seems a stupid idea. Barnes yes, but no way should we sell Hoskins

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Not with his injury record this season, they'll be lucky to get 5 games out of him

not on their pitch he won't - nice and soft and easy on the legs :)

Putting a bet on them to get promotion now - will they do a Southampton with the money now behind them and will Hosky score against us next season?

Seriously, there must be a story behind this one if we are prepared to sell at a loss/break even when he seems to have the potential to do so much better.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I would rather not see him go, but we really have not seen enough of him to be able to judge his potential. Maybe Gus feels that if we can get our money back AND he has another forward lined up, then it is probably a good deal.

And as others have said, we have Toby coming along who is looking pretty good.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I think a lot of people have probably guessed about right on here. Tobi has emerged as an option for a fourth striker and he will be on a small wage.

Hoskins going for the same amount we paid him to free up some wages for a target man to bring the best out of CMS sounds very plausible to me.

Give that man a coconut. Spot on.

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
Do you know anything about football? He was quality against Bristol C when he came on and has been hampered by injuries 90% of the season. He is a true goalscorer and given the chances he will do the business for us. I will be gutted if this is true......I thought we paid £800k for him!

What did he do against Bristol City that was so quality? He couldn't even get it done against Wrexham - his performances against Millwall and Derby were poor at best.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham

We do not need a target man. We dont play the type of football required to use a target man

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
Are you sure that we haven't got a Wilhelm Hoskins playing in the development squad and B'mouth think they are negotiating for the real wil Hoskins? A bit like when the americans bought London bridge thinking that it was Tower bridge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here