Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hoskins to Bournemouth - allegedly a fee has been agreed [merged]

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
young toby is coming along nicely. we have the runner in CMS, we have the penalty taker and poacher in barnes. wouldnt surprise me if true. sell hoskins and bring in kitson. different type of player altogether is the ginger ninja!

although i'd prefer someone better than kitson obviously.

That would be GREAT :rolleyes:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
This is really odd, I hope we're getting back what we paid for him at least.

Whilst we do have a number of underperforming forwards at the moment, I would be dissapointed if we sold him given that we haven't seen what he can offer us.

However, Adgestein coming to the forefront, and the availability of Barnes, along with the possibiltiy that we may sign another forward in this transfer window, selling him for the money we bought him for or more could be seen as good business. but only if we sign another forward in this window. After all, we have a number of forawrds and none of them are performing particularly well.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
they both are not championship quality for me. But as I have said if we can get rid of them good, if not lets hope they improve.

Do you know anything about football? He was quality against Bristol C when he came on and has been hampered by injuries 90% of the season. He is a true goalscorer and given the chances he will do the business for us. I will be gutted if this is true......I thought we paid £800k for him!

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Even if we have kitson or voakes coming in, it would be a bad move move. I think Hoskins is better than both. Bad bad decision by Gus and Tony. So gutted if this is true

PriapismBoy

Apr 18, 2011
Durrington
I just tweeted Andy Naylor and asked if there is any truth in it and his reply was "I am told £450,000 bid accepted for hoskins. Unconfirmed as yet".

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Sigh....

"Bad decision" blah bla blah

He's been injured all year. If we recoup £450,000 on him to spend on someone proven at Championship level, i'll be happy.

D

Deleted member 18477

I think maybe Gus has had to re-evaluate slightly the way we are going to have to play in The Championship and considers Will Hoskins may not fit in...

this... if the rumour is true. our strikers are very similar. and toby is a carbon copy of hoskins IMO.

AND dont forget... hoskins said last season was his first injury free season... sell him while we have the chance i think. and splash it on someone whos not always injured. also flog harley into the deal somewhere. maybe 1 million for both?..

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I'll be slightly annoyed if he goes, A new player could disrupt the squad and Hoskins having not played much would be like a new player given a few games, Looks good so why disturb it? I remember not so long ago seeing him buy his little one a Brighton kit.

Unless this striker coming in is immense and we need to clear wages then fine but I'm thinking Simon Cox etc anyone else and I'll be abit annoyed he will surely lift afcb into the Championship.

But then what to I know, In Gus and Bloom I trust 100%.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
i would understand if it was a loan, get him match fit, playing regular football and then bring him back in and unleash him.. but a permanent move? i don't like this one bit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here