Hoskins to Bournemouth - allegedly a fee has been agreed [merged]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
another striker gus has let go without giving him a proper go.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
If this is true then I will be a tad disappointed!
The only reason I can think of is that he maybe hasn't settled in the area and Bournemouth is within commuting distance from Brizzle!
We will need a replacement if this is gonna happen IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using P+ R

LeicesterGull

Feb 2, 2009
Hoskins Tweet (5 mins ago)
Just got in from training reading all my tweets. Shocked as u all are. Football is a mad game

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I was really hopeful of Hoskins but imo he has not looked good in the last few games he has played. As for Kitson, were any of you at the Pompey game, he was crap!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
We do not need a target man. We dont play the type of football required to use a target man

I'm not sure. I suspect that's what Gus has been looking for ... certainly BBD, Vokes, Kuntson fit that bill where Hoskins doesn't. I get a feeling Gus has had a change of heart since beginning of season and could understand why Hoskins doesn't fit anymore

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Strange, even more so given he seemingly knows nothing about it himself. I guess though that a player only becomes aware of interest in most cases once a bid's been accepted and our valuation matched.

If we have a quality replacement lined up, then fine, but Hoskins has looked good in the games i've seen him. I liked him, but if the injuries are going to continue there's no point in keeping him I guess.

I'm just praying that we're not planning on spending anything NEAR 20k a week for Kitson on loan. PLEASE NO.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Hoskins latest tweet

Will Hoskins @Hosky_7

I have only just got back from my injuries and looking to bang some goals in. Would be disappointed if it is true.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Not happy about this, I wanted Hoskins to get fit and be given a chance.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
What did he do against Bristol City that was so quality? He couldn't even get it done against Wrexham - his performances against Millwall and Derby were poor at best.

His glance on for Buckley's goal was very "quality", he saw Buckley's run and knew exactly what he was doing. Not quite as obvious as Calderon's screamer, it's true. Maybe that's why you missed it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Considering we were pursuing him last January, and was the very first player Gus signed in the summer (immediately after Murrays exit), I'm amazed Gus is prepared to discard him so swiftly, given that he's hardly had a chance to show what he can do here. Very random.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Additional thought. Maybe we already had enough in the bank to afford Vokes' wages?

Maybe with Vokes, CMS, Barnes, Adgestein Gus feels we have sufficient options up top. Perhaps the money will go on Reyes?

Can we tempt Bournemouth to splash out on Harley too please.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Forget the merits of Ashley Barnes, whether he should be in the team etc the fact is Hoskins is better than Barnes and will (given the same amount of minutes as Barnes) score plenty more goals and create plenty more also.

I will be gutted to see Hoskins leave and have to watch Barnes on the left wing/central midfield/missing sitters for the rest of the season.

Only justification for Hoskins leaving would be a big offer has come in (half a million would be in this category) and the fee and freeing up of wages are needed to bring in a very established, quality target man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports