Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Home game v Watford, Mon Oct 28, to be shown on tv

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Nooooooooooooooo. I have planned a whole evening around the friday night game. mother ****ing *****, ****ing piss flaps, shit bollocking feltching arsewipes at the FA and SKY. **** OFF.

:censored:

This. Can't go now. So Sky stiff me for £40 a month for the sports channels AND I miss out on yet another game I've paid to see live.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
This is about as bad as it gets. We just booked a weekend for 4 in Brighton organised around this game. The tickets, railfares (from Liverpool) and hotel were all booked at the end of last week at a cost of around £750!. I am in Japan on the Monday and my daughter has yo be back at school. We were already struggling to make it to many games this year. We were really looking forward to this game.

I trust the ticket office will reimburse the tickets. It took me several months to get the money back after the Blackburn game was washed out last year since we couldn't make the night game.

F**k!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Its half term week

Is it?,,,makes no odds mate, Mondays is one of my nights. Monday's, Wednesday's and Saturday stay over's. Which I get away with because her auntie has her for a fews hours if we are at home...I'm not moaning, I wouldn't have it any other way, my girl is my world.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What exactly is your issue where you just draw your own conclusion ?

I should apologise.

In truth, though I DID misunderstand your post a little.

When you typed "Double bollox. Still be in New York", I did mistakenly take that to mean "Bugger, I'll still be in New York", when seemingly you actually meant "Bugger, I'm away. Still, I'll be in New York. Does anyone on here not yet know, I'll be in New York? just in case anyone missed it the twelfth time".

Sorry about that.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The Albion get about c£6m a year from the 2 Sky deals. (Champ + Prem)... See this blogpost via the v.good Swiss Ramble blog
http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/championship-finances-201112-numbers.html
Its for 11/12 when Albion's but the TV deal since then, for the Championship, has got slightly worse.
In 11/12 media revenue (ie: Telly rights) was about 30% of total revenue compared to 35% for Match Day revenue (ie: tickets) and 35% for commercial revenue (ie: shirt sponsorship and the like)...
So a substantial part of what the club take in. I suspect thats declined a bit since given increase in crowd capacity, better sponsorship deals, increased cost of pies! but still a big chunk. So Sky messing around, a bit, with schedules can be frustrating but TV keeps the club going ...

The majority of the TV cash is fixed as part of the overall deal (ie: regardless of being picked for a live match) and they also get "solidarity payments" from the Prem League deal.
(a lot less than "Parachute Payments").

They will earn a bit more commercial revenue wise from being the picked game. ( pitchside advertising for example, possibly corporate side of things, overall PR) from having an actual game . Works out at around c£100K ...

They have no choice, as far as i know, in picking the match although the police will be involved of course for any controversial fixture.. Sky pick the games a minimum of a month or so out to maximise interest / depending on how many times they've featured a club etc..

And to confirm as others have. That week in East Sussex County Council schools at least is half term so Monday is not a school night for kids etc.

fcportaloo

Nov 1, 2009
All this whinging, why are any of you surprised? TV companies pay £££££'s to pick and choose games to suit their programming. The clubs rather than using the extra revenue from ever increasing TV deals to improve profitability, or lower costs for tickets (esp Premier) decided to 'invest' in ridiculous wages for players. Consideration for supporters is way way down on priorities. Only last week AVB at Spurs was moaning about having to play 3 games in 6 days. The reason for this, TV. No reason that Europa Lge has to be played on Thursday night other than to suit TV. All the clubs are now locked into taking the TV money to overpay the players. Football is eating itself

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Would have preferred Friday. Early start on Tuesday is always a pain.

Yep. A nice pint after the game on Friday would have been nice........now it will be a mad rush home from work (normally get a flyer on Fri) on Mon, and a mad dash for the train home straight after the game........sh1t.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
This is about as bad as it gets. We just booked a weekend for 4 in Brighton organised around this game. The tickets, railfares (from Liverpool) and hotel were all booked at the end of last week at a cost of around £750!. I am in Japan on the Monday and my daughter has yo be back at school. We were already struggling to make it to many games this year. We were really looking forward to this game.

I trust the ticket office will reimburse the tickets. It took me several months to get the money back after the Blackburn game was washed out last year since we couldn't make the night game.

F**k!

Genuinely gutted for you mate.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

F**k!

That's really shit.

I'm sure the club will reimburse the tickets, not sure about hotels etc.....

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Excellent news. I'm in Devon so shall be finding a cheeky stream. :thumbsup:

They're cold that time of year. Watch the game on your computer or smartphone instead.

(I'm in the "this fixture change has royally stuffed up my plans" camp, just in case you care.)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I should apologise.

In truth, though I DID misunderstand your post a little.

When you typed "Double bollox. Still be in New York", I did mistakenly take that to mean "Bugger, I'll still be in New York", when seemingly you actually meant "Bugger, I'm away. Still, I'll be in New York. Does anyone on here not yet know, I'll be in New York? just in case anyone missed it the twelfth time".

Sorry about that.

Clearly the free train pass does net off the loss of child benefit after all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here