Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Home game v Watford, Mon Oct 28, to be shown on tv

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
It'll be even worse when we get to the Premier League. Sod the fans TV rules.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
FFP and the dangling carrot of a cash boost presumably gives the TV companies even more power when it comes to moving games.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We take the Sky money, we dance to their tune. Thems the rules.

Still proper cack though, I'd have MUCH preferred a Friday night jobbie to a Monday. I can't imagine the TV audience for this one is going to break any records either.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Excellent news about the game being moved from the Friday to the Monday. No need to book an evening shift off as leave.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
With the game now on a Monday will the match Category be downgraded from "B" to "C" to generate more sales ?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Clearly there are going to be some individuals that this suits (I'm one of them), but as a general reflection on the depressing nature of modern football it really does annoy me.

Another weekend with no football. Where does it end?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Excellent news for me, was struggling to get the night shift off on the Friday.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
At first I was a bit annoyed as I like the Friday games for a booze up in town post-match. And a Monday I have to take time off work.

But then I discovered it's half term, which means I can take the boy so it's alright in the end. He missed so many games last season because of friggin Tuesday night games so it makes a nice change this year that he can actually go to an evening game!

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Nooooooooooooooo. I have planned a whole evening around the friday night game. mother ****ing *****, ****ing piss flaps, shit bollocking feltching arsewipes at the FA and SKY. **** OFF.

:censored:

What he said.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
That's me out,.... cobblers, I was going to make a weekend of it. Still my brother in law will get my ticket to take my nephew.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Oh for the 'good old days' when they showed England games and The Cup Final only on TV. Unfortunately the will never come back my 3 sons all STH and grandson will not be happy with the change as they finish work early on a Friday so a game on Friday evening suited them but other evenings mean they cannot get to the game.

Fans are now treated as a hindrance to clubs and football is only run for the benefit of TV companies.

Last edited:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Was going to be :
Friay night, drive down to football from Essex, stay at mums in Sussex, Saturday morning, drive to Eastbourne, run Beachy Head Marathon, drive home.
Now: Drive down to Eastbourne on Saturday, run marathon, drive home.
Drive down to football Monday night, drive home

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
How many 3pm Saturday and 7.45pm Tuesday games will there be at The Amex when we're in the Premier League ? Sky are just getting us used to the rigmarole of matches being switched around so they can be televised.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Very annoying as it's half term and I may now have to miss the match as will possibly be up north. Stupid stupid sky.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here