Holloway and Watford loans

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Zaha hardly counts considering he's our player until the end of the season. He's only a loan because it makes the rules less fiddly.

That has got to be the single most stupid comment I have EVER read on North Stand Chat, and that's up against some pretty fierce competition, even from our own supporters!

You should think seriously about posting here again if this ridiculous drivel is the best you've got.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Holloway also whined about it stopping youngsters coming through, despite Watford fielding twice as many youth team products as Palace.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Holloway also whined about it stopping youngsters coming through, despite Watford fielding twice as many youth team products as Palace.

Holloway would moan about opposition grounds not being up to standard. The mans mouth is his career.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The way he came over on the interview that he was the first to realise how many loans Watford have got was laughable. It was like he was a whistleblower but the idiot didn't realise that everyone and his dog (even the second-hand car dealers dog) knew about it 6 months ago.

His sentiments may not be wrong but really Worzel wake up.

Palace fielded FIVE loan players in that match.

Correct. One of which they have sold to Man U , pocketed most of the cash and still have the use of (although he is shite). Loophole ?

The Wurzel Gimp was right but not the right person to be bleating about the loan system.

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012
Correct. One of which they have sold to Man U , pocketed most of the cash and still have the use of (although he is shite). Loophole ?

The Wurzel
Gimp was right but not the right person to be bleating about the loan system.

Surely better than blowing 4.5 million on two strikers who are unproven at this level who couldn't hit a barn door .
9 players from 1 club is not right even you with your statts book stuck down your pants can see that.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Yes but you had the same amount of loan players (the maximum of 5) as they had in their team you gimp. Even Palace fans must be able to see the hypocrisy or are you actually that dimwitted.

It's not actually great for Palace TBH with all these loan players once they disappear the squad starts looking wafer thin- hard to imagine them staying in the Premier League even if (a) they do get promoted and (b) invest.

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012
Yes but you had the same amount of loan players (the maximum of 5) as they had in their team you gimp. Even Palace fans must be able to see the hypocrisy or are you actually that dimwitted.

It's not actually great for Palace TBH with all these loan players once they disappear the squad starts looking wafer thin- hard to imagine them staying in the Premier League even if (a) they do get promoted and (b) invest.

You forget one thing we have spent nothing compared to a lot of clubs including yourselves ,Dobbie looks like his coming anyway Zaha will go to Utd as agreed Williams will be a regular by then Butterfield and Nimey were only signed for a 1 month loan.
That leaves Richards And Philips hardly a risk is it thicko.
Personally I'd rather assemble a squad the way we are rather than spend 2mill on an Argentine gamble who looks like bambi with one leg on ice.
Squad is thin at the mo because we have Garvan Moritz Jedi Ward Mcarthy out that's why we bought in loans it's called having cover Tony two planks:)

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
None of which are really good enough for the Premier League, Williams maybe and Murray will do a job but certainly not your woeful defence. Why do you think Swansea got rid of Dobbie.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
You forget one thing we have spent nothing compared to a lot of clubs including yourselves ,Dobbie looks like his coming anyway Zaha will go to Utd as agreed Williams will be a regular by then Butterfield and Nimey were only signed for a 1 month loan.
That leaves Richards And Philips hardly a risk is it thicko.
Personally I'd rather assemble a squad the way we are rather than spend 2mill on an Argentine gamble who looks like bambi with one leg on ice.
Squad is thin at the mo because we have Garvan Moritz Jedi Ward Mcarthy out that's why we bought in loans it's called having cover Tony two planks:)

Dobbie looks like his what is coming?

How many times - we had to improve our mostly league 1 squad, you've spent as much if not more than us assembling your squad including the associated costs bringing your youngsters through your academy. Which part of that are you too thick or deluded to go accept?

You've judged Ulloa on watching him in his first league game 11v11 :lol: put it in context I'd rather have the Ulloa now compared to Murray last season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Dobbie looks like his what is coming?

How many times - we had to improve our mostly league 1 squad, you've spent as much if not more than us assembling your squad including the associated costs bringing your youngsters through your academy. Which part of that are you too thick or deluded to go accept?

You've judged Ulloa on watching him in his first league game 11v11 :lol: put it in context I'd rather have the Ulloa now compared to Murray last season.

Pity the palace no-brains didn't see how great Leo was against Arsenal. I expect him to score again very soon.

TopCat

Jun 17, 2011
I know everyone enjoys slagging off Palace and Holloway for the shits and giggles of it, but he's absolutely spot on here. We've got FFP coming in next season, but a club like Watford could field 11 loanees from Spain and Italy and have all their wages registered on the books of the overseas club. The six home-grown players can all be listed as subs, and right there is the loophole for every club to get round FFP regulations.

Was thinking this even prior to Wurzel's little outburst. Taking it one step further, what is to stop wealthy owners of English teams purchasing a small European club for the sole purpose of being a feeder club? Would allow them to spend whatever money they liked on signing on fees and wages to get players into the feeder club, then they could be loaned to parent club. This would effectively circumvent the FFP rules, as only the % of wages paid by the parent club (which could be only 1% of the players actual salary) would be included in the P&L calculation. There would also be significant benefits in getting in Non-EU players as well if the feeder club was in a country where it is easier than the UK to get citizenship.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Holloway is a cock. End of. His comment about "i only noticed when I looked at the programme" - what an absolute cock juggling thunder ****. Any manager worth their salt would have known about the club they were playing well before the game, and would have set their game up in response to that team. Holloway couldn't manage his way out of a paper bag with his f***ing arse alight. How many wins has he whilst being in charge, 1?

So Watford have found a loop hole and are abusing it, doesn't make it wrong. I'm wondering if Hollowarse would have mentioned it if they'd won? I doubt it very much.

And don't get me started on those f***ing wanky red gloves!!!! Cock head of the highest order.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"They've got some world-class players that they've borrowed from almost one club"

No Worzel, they've got some useful 2nd string players from a mid-table Serie A club. You weren't lining up against Messi, Ronaldo and Iniesta were you ?

Cut the shit, this is all about how AMAZING and MIRACULOUS it was for Palace to somehow salvage a draw against one of the great new European powerhouses. Wowee Worzel, you must be SOME manager to have pulled that off against that miriad of "world class" players at Watford eh ?

*slow handclap*

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
How many loan players have we got at the moment? Bridge, Upson, anyone else....Orlandi signed a contract did he not? Bruno? I think we are about right on loans.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
He's not wrong because he's the Palace manager, he's wrong because Palace used five loan players in that game. However you want to dress it up, Zaha is not your player any more (and by all accounts, playing like it). Don't give me that "injuries" crap, Phillips & Dobbie aren't cover for your poor, threadbare squad, Holloway signed those players to try and win promotion.

I have no issue with that. I just don't need to hear the bitter old tosspiece whining like a stuck pig to the media about it because you didn't beat Watford (which is the real reason he's complaining, frankly). You would use the rules in exactly the same way if any glamorous foreign investor actually wanted to buy Palace.

This.

And he was lying outright when he said "I didn't know about it till I read it in the programme".

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
How many loan players have we got at the moment? Bridge, Upson, anyone else....Orlandi signed a contract did he not? Bruno? I think we are about right on loans.

Bridge, Upson, Hammond.

That's all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports