Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Holloway and Watford loans

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Bridge, Upson, Hammond.

That's all.

Not bad really is it, Bridge.....probably our best loan EVER for a whole season, Upson, emergency loan for cover for centre backs, and Hammond who is really a Brighton player, well sort of.:lol: ( He really has slotted back in well imho)

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012
None of which are really good enough for the Premier League, Williams maybe and Murray will do a job but certainly not your woeful defence. Why do you think Swansea got rid of Dobbie.

We must be doing something right with that woeful defence as we currently sit 7 points above you.
You forgot Bolasie Jedinack Parr Ward Speroni of course we will have to strengthen if we got promoted. Overall our attack compensates for a mediocre defence if we go a goal down you can be sure we will come back into it.
When was the last time you showed some backbone to come from behind ?Doncaster?
You are certainly going to need that in the next 15 games.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Sweetie

Apr 1, 2004
Agree with his point

However saying it after you have failed to beat said team just comes across as sour grapes. Maybe should have mentioned it before the game or a few weeks ago when it was being discussed.

He did say it before the game and repeated it after the game. I can't believe for one second he did not know about it ealier in the season.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
We must be doing something right with that woeful defence as we currently sit 7 points above you.
You forgot Bolasie Jedinack Parr Ward Speroni of course we will have to strengthen if we got promoted. Overall our attack compensates for a mediocre defence if we go a goal down you can be sure we will come back into it.
When was the last time you showed some backbone to come from behind ?Doncaster?
You are certainly going to need that in the next 15 games.

This thread isn't about the strength of your squad it's about the hypocrisy of your manager.

But in any case, at the moment your squad is week shown by the fact you need 5 loans in order to provide cover/strength. If you were to go up and lose those loans it will be even weaker (even bearing in mind you keep Dobbie) .

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This thread isn't about the strength of your squad it's about the hypocrisy of your manager.

But in any case, at the moment your squad is week shown by the fact you need 5 loans in order to provide cover/strength. If you were to go up and lose those loans it will be even weaker (even bearing in mind you keep Dobbie) .

If we lost two of our loans, our defence would be very week (sic).

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
How many loan players have we got at the moment? Bridge, Upson, anyone else....Orlandi signed a contract did he not? Bruno? I think we are about right on loans.

Orlandi was bought fron Swansea - Bruno was a free transfer from Valencia.

Just Bridge, Upson and Hammond in on loan, all from the league above us, all English players and 2 have England caps - no shame in them loans at all.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
completey agree with Holloway - think watford are a dreadful club they way the sacked dyche when he massively over achieved last season was a scandal - now they are in my opinion cheating - i wish them nothing but failure.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
If we lost two of our loans, our defence would be very week (sic).

Yes although we only got Upson in as we failed in our bid for van Dijk. If we are successful in that bid over the summer we'll be okay in the position although we certainly need to look at a long term replacement for Painter assing we have no chance with Bridge although I do think we have some chance should we get promoted.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
you are allowed on FL rules a maximum of 5 loans in your match day squad from teams in your country.
Watford currently have 7 players on loan from Undinese. 2 fron Granada, 1 from standard Leige and 1 from Chelsea.

Therefore under the rules they can field all these players in their match day squad. The owners own Udinese and Granda.

Its a loop hole and a joke in my opinion.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Sorry if already covered herein but while he may have a point about the loan system generally Holloway's penchant for hyperbole grates. "They had some of the best players in the world." No they didn't. Udinese don't even have some of the best players in the world, let alone Watford. And how could he have not known until Friday that they had them? Really? Maybe five should be the limit, like he used.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Made all the more hypocritical by the administration loopholes Palace have lept through in recent years

Jan 14, 2008
Windsor ontario
The rules do need to change but for watford these foreign loan signings are all quality players. The other advantage is that watford have to pay a certain % of their wages , so financially for them it's a no brainer.

The comment about it costing young English players a chance to play is rubbish. At this level and beyond its common knowledge English players are way more expensive, and not as technically proficient as most of the foreigners. Until we as a country start to produce better technical player this problem will only get worse.

Take our 5 spaniards for example....quaranteed if you were to replace them with English places of similar ability it would cost you way more $$$$$ ( couldn't get a English replacement for Vincente anyway ! )

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I thought you were only allowed to have an interest in one club?

Tell that to fans who buy half and half scarves.

Anyway, didn't our South London friends used to have a special relationship with Juventus? Guess Palace got too big for them...

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
This is a rare occasion when I totally agree with what Ian Holloway has said. His comments were spot o and he laid the blame at the feet of the administrators not watford who he praised for doing a fantastic job with the situation. It seems patently ridiculous to anyone that a club can field almost an entire team of players it does not own. This loophole should indeed be closed.

That has got to be the single most stupid comment I have EVER read on North Stand Chat, and that's up against some pretty fierce competition, even from our own supporters!

You should think seriously about posting here again if this ridiculous drivel is the best you've got.

The really funny thing is - he believes it.:ffsparr:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I thought you were only allowed to have an interest in one club?

i think thats only in one country or competiton. I believe thats why they brought into the spanish second tier Grenada and second teir Watford, as no chance (for a while) of them being in the same competition.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
This is a rare occasion when I totally agree with what Ian Holloway has said. His comments were spot o and he laid the blame at the feet of the administrators not watford who he praised for doing a fantastic job with the situation. It seems patently ridiculous to anyone that a club can field almost an entire team of players it does not own. This loophole should indeed be closed.

Apart from Watford I think everyone would agree with the sentiment it's the way Worzel comes out with crap around the issue. Added to that he may have said something before the game, why not leave it there? Sounds like sour grapes saying it afterwards and pretty damning on his intelligence to suggest he has only just found out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here