Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Henri Lansbury deal moving closer?

Keith Patel

**** off Lino.
Apr 4, 2009
Brighton
Norwich are annoying me now aswell, but we can't be getting annoyed about being a 'feeder club' especailly when we signed Jim McNulty, Gary Dicker & James Tunnicliffe in quick succession from Stockport... Look at them now...
Let's just hope Benno changes his mind when he gets back home from holiday and see's the stadium again. :bhasign:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Norwich are annoying me now aswell, but we can't be getting annoyed about being a 'feeder club' especailly when we signed Jim McNulty, Gary Dicker & James Tunnicliffe in quick succession from Stockport... Look at them now...
Let's just hope Benno changes his mind when he gets back home from holiday and see's the stadium again. :bhasign:

There is a big difference with the Stockport situation, I think that they were desperate for the money, so although not ideal they were probably left with little choice but to offload players and grateful for the funds and the saving on wages.

Keith Patel

**** off Lino.
Apr 4, 2009
Brighton
There is a big difference with the Stockport situation, I think that they were desperate for the money, so although not ideal they were probably left with little choice but to offload players and grateful for the funds and the saving on wages.

Of course, I know were not desperate for money as they were then, but we're also left with little choice but to offload if the players request to leave the club, as Benno has.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
know nothing of a deal, but interesting Lansbury played quite successfully alongside Matt Sparrow in midfield while on loan at Scunthorpe in 2009.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Two BEST players in two years, how many years do they need to do it before we are allowed to get pissed off then?
No higher league clubs are going to be coming in for our worst players are they? Except Liam Dicksinon I suppose. :lol:
(although despite how well he's done there I still struggle to think of Crofts as one of our best players)

Thing is I don't really care where players go when they leave, would it have been preferable for you if Bennett had gone to QPR or Swansea for the exact same deal?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I still struggle to think of Crofts as one of our best players

Agreed, this really is a case of looking back fondly due to what he's done since. Superb engine, but not much else to his game, about our 6th or 7th best player at the time.

bhamex1901

Dec 20, 2010
Or perhaps proof of the football ignorance of many NSC posters.
With respect.

Totally agree. He scored many vital goals and his all round effort and commitment was superb. Top 3 in the players we had if not the best at certain times over the season.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Kuipers; Whing, Elphick, Tunnicliffe, El-Abd; Bennett (Navarro 75), Crofts, Dicker, Cox (Hart 60); Forster (Dickinson 75), Murray

Team vs Southampton in 09/10 season. Can't deny that he is one of the best players in that team behind maybe Benno.

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
Kuipers; Whing, Elphick, Tunnicliffe, El-Abd; Bennett (Navarro 75), Crofts, Dicker, Cox (Hart 60); Forster (Dickinson 75), Murray

Team vs Southampton in 09/10 season. Can't deny that he is one of the best players in that team behind maybe Benno.

Dicker and Navarro were my preferred partnership in CM.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I can't see us getting Lansbury but wouldn't it be great just to be able to stick two fingers up to Naaarich.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Agreed, this really is a case of looking back fondly due to what he's done since. Superb engine, but not much else to his game, about our 6th or 7th best player at the time.

I think more a case of you not realising how good he was. At the time I couldn't believe I had to keep defending him from posters like you and TCB, who said he contributed nothing. Him and Bennett were easily our two best players that year, and Crofts deservedly got Player of the Year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here