Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Henri Lansbury deal moving closer?

super ads

Jul 14, 2009
Is Lansbury all that? There are a long list of Arsenal kids who have been on the fringes of their first team that have turned out to be distinctly average and certainly no better than Champ standard. I would worry if we were paying top doallar for someone as unproven as him.

Hardly unproven. He was awesome last year for Norwich. Thats good enough for me.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If he was that awesome how come they dont want him back ?

I thought they did? And i assume that's where he's likely to go. Unless Arse only want to loan to a team not in the same div...?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Hardly unproven. He was awesome last year for Norwich. Thats good enough for me.

Over-egging the pudding a touch to say he was awesome. He played well but his influence was limited and for the large part he showed exactly what he is - a talented player still learning and developing. Unfortunately he has said he wants to stay at Arsenal this season to fight for a breakthrough into Wenger's squad so doesn't look good for us in terms of an early decision on a loan and it's hard to see them wanting to sell - why would they when he clearly has talent and wants to stay with them? In another year his value will only have increased even if they barely use him.

BHAryan

BHAryan
Feb 8, 2011
Worthing
if we are to sign 6/7 quality players it means the likes of dicker,sparrow, noone, bridcutt, barnes are really going to have to fight for their place and be better and more consistent, so buying players also forces the initial players to improve.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Lansbury looked ok for the under 21's last month, but having seen Caskey play a lot in the last 2 weeks, I feel he is worth more of a shot this coming season, looks a real talent and will only improve.

JGaleBHA

On the Gus bus
Apr 24, 2010
Horsham
This would be incredible, doubt it though. But don't listen to me, I doubted that we would get CMS.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I've heard from a friend we are about to sign lansbury. He was passed this info from someone who informed him of the cms signing before it happened. Anyone else heard anything to back up the lansbury rumour?

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
I've heard from a friend we are about to sign lansbury. He was passed this info from someone who informed him of the cms signing before it happened. Anyone else heard anything to back up the lansbury rumour?

I can imagine a loan, surely not a purchase....

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
He fits the bill and I am sure Arsene Wenger would see us as the most appropriate place for him for another season long loan. Then we just need some defensive cover and that 'special one' striker that Gus has lined up. Wardy's knee must be about right now surely. That would be a coup and a half!

TNBA

TTF

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
He fits the bill and I am sure Arsene Wenger would see us as the most appropriate place for him for another season long loan. Then we just need some defensive cover and that 'special one' striker that Gus has lined up. Wardy's knee must be about right now surely. That would be a coup
TTF

Surely CMS was the special striker?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
He fits the bill and I am sure Arsene Wenger would see us as the most appropriate place for him for another season long loan. Then we just need some defensive cover and that 'special one' striker that Gus has lined up. Wardy's knee must be about right now surely. That would be a coup and a half!

TNBA

TTF

TTF you are going to have to change your signature when talking about Albion transfers.....

Remove the N from TNBA.

TBA

PW

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here