Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Have I missed a thread? Stanley is dead!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Yep GB, with you on that. Maybe it’s hard for those that don’t remember those nights at the Concorde to understand as you say, as we demanded answers and listened to lies. I won’t though. Off to a garden party tonight and I’ll have an extra beer if true. No mourning in my house, nor many others who fought to keep the Albion alive. More like 2 down, 1 to go!

I remember very well listening to that lying shit at the Concorde.

He's dead is he..?...oh well. Meh.......

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Just in case readers do not see this as a frivolous attempt at a joke the Brighton Lions facilitate and pay for the blood samples and tests to be taken by a professional and is completely different from the internal check up that we all know and love. It can provide an early sign of a problem. JUST DO IT, you won’t regret it.

i have had this done with the Brighton Lions and it was excellent. Big thanks to them.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don't know if the thread is true either but let's not beat around the bush. In many ways he was the worst of the lot, sitting there at BISA meetings pretending to be our mate and all the time in cahoots with the other two. I won't shed a single tear and it's nearly wine o'clock.

This.
Rightly despised by Albion fans and parts of the wider football community.

Mellowing in later years once he had the loot and kept it, is an irrelevance.

There’ll be few tears shed round these parts, far from it.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
If one person goes and gets tested as a result of this thread then it's worth it.

Just to add if you are 60+ you automatically get a test sent to you every 2 years. Its not that much fun doing the test (poo sample) but it could save your life so just do it. We are a big family on nsc so you will be missed ! BG (Bless him)
Which makes Mattsbackhome post so good and really important , thanks Mattbackhome stay safe guys !

el punal

We’ve a Stella owner , playing in the Premier League for our 4th season , just singed two Champions League quality players

We have a state of the art stadium and training facilities and quality people at all levels of the club

Let it go

Maybe we wouldn’t be here now like this had all that went before not happened

Everything we are and what we have is a consequence of what went before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I pretty much agree with everything you’ve said in your post except our Uncle Tony being a Stella owner. Much as I would love him to be in charge of a particularly strong lager producer but I would imagine that’s not really his cup of tea. On the other hand he certainly is a stellar individual when it comes to our club. :drink: :D

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I'll remember some of the virtue signalling when "insert politician I hate here" dies and there is a celebratory thread on it.

Also good riddance, they almost took everything away from us, I have no qualms in being pleased to hear a piece of shit has shuffled off this earth.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I think so. Afraid it's the 'finger test', and then PSA test (urine sample) that's needed...........................

The finger test covers both.
For bowed cancer, if it comes out with blood on it is a bowel problem.
The prostate test is to feel for an enlarged prostate gland.
From experience, if you see blood in your poo - get to your GP ASAP.
If you see blood in your pee - get to your GP ASAP.
If your pee flow is poor, see you GP and get the finger treatment and a PSA test.
If of an age, get yourself blood tested periodically, taking advantage of the Lions facility and the NHS poo test.
Better safe than sorry - the earlier you catch it, the better chances of being sorted.

I had blood in my stools and went to the GP and saw a locum who had been at the Renal Clinic at RSCH. He spotted the signs immediately and within 2 weeks I had a bowel resection and didn’t require radiotherapy etc. That was about 18 years ago. I was lucky and recognise that in another age I would have missed so much.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
I’m not gonna have a go at anyone for reacting with a certain amount of glee, because back in those dark days he really was an enemy of us, though of the three I always thought he wasn’t as bad. However, as I’ve get older and people around me have died, I have kinda lost the malice of my youth. My friends and I used to say we’d celebrate the day Maggie went, as it happens when she died I didn’t feel like that all, indeed I had a tinge of sadness. This is how I feel about Greg Stanley too, after all he still had friends and relatives and it’s they who I feel for now.

Jul 7, 2003
Very confusing thread. Anyway, with regard to prostate cancer, my mate who is 51 has just had his removed. He went for general check up with doctor who advised a test to be on the safe side and they found he had high PSA levels (early prostate cancer runs in his family) so arranged for him to have surgery quickly to remove the risk.

Go and get a test - better to find out now and go through some discomfort than leave it too late and suffer the consequences.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'm not happy as in dancing with joy at his passing, just feels like our past is moving on, those that did many hundreds of thousands of people wrong back in the 80s. They made an absolute killing from the Goldstone and put us on the brink of extinction. I'm sure many older folk died during those days not knowing where the Albion were going. We know where we are now. And those that made a killing out of us are now a dying breed.

Edit: His mate (and mine) that told me, also told me to f**k off when I said there'd be a party at the Amex.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The finger test covers both.
For bowed cancer, if it comes out with blood on it is a bowel problem.
The prostate test is to feel for an enlarged prostate gland.
From experience, if you see blood in your poo - get to your GP ASAP.
If you see blood in your pee - get to your GP ASAP.
If your pee flow is poor, see you GP and get the finger treatment and a PSA test.
If of an age, get yourself blood tested periodically, taking advantage of the Lions facility and the NHS poo test.
Better safe than sorry - the earlier you catch it, the better chances of being sorted.

I had blood in my stools and went to the GP and saw a locum who had been at the Renal Clinic at RSCH. He spotted the signs immediately and within 2 weeks I had a bowel resection and didn’t require radiotherapy etc. That was about 18 years ago. I was lucky and recognise that in another age I would have missed so much.

A gruesome subject, but in Nov 18 I had the finger test for possible prostate. My wee’s had not been fully emptying the bladder.

Turns out that was all fine, but my GP found a suspect lump. After various tests, it was identified as a huge rectal tumour 13cm long and 3/4 of the circumference. Removed in an 11 hour operation by a leading surgeon at a Harrow hospital. I was told it must’ve been growing for up to 10 years.

I got lucky, it was at the final pre cancerous stage, they said it would’ve become Stage 1 within months.

So appreciative of the alert GP in the first instance, then the amazing surgical team in London.

I got the all clear phone call whilst in Matalan, Carden Avenue of all places. Where I cried with relief and euphoria. Typically male, I must’ve unknowingly hidden my fears.

As you say, to anyone here, any doubts, get checked out. Younger adults can have bowel cancer too. Through an amazing charity, I became an online mate of a youngish Dad in Essex. Sadly his prognosis wasn’t good when we were last in touch.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
I remember very well listening to that lying shit at the Concorde.

He's dead is he..?...oh well. Meh.......

Me too!

Weird to think, slightly off topic, that for people my age in their 40s and above, the original Concorde Club was either a brilliant night out musically, a place for Brighton fans to vent.........or both :mad:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Is this true?

A gruesome subject, but in Nov 18 I had the finger test for possible prostate. My wee’s had not been fully emptying the bladder.

Turns out that was all fine, but my GP found a suspect lump. After various tests, it was identified as a huge rectal tumour 13cm long and 3/4 of the circumference. Removed in an 11 hour operation by a leading surgeon at a Harrow hospital. I was told it must’ve been growing for up to 10 years.

I got lucky, it was at the final pre cancerous stage, they said it would’ve become Stage 1 within months.

So appreciative of the alert GP in the first instance, then the amazing surgical team in London.

I got the all clear phone call whilst in Matalan, Carden Avenue of all places. Where I cried with relief and euphoria. Typically male, I must’ve unknowingly hidden my fears.

As you say, to anyone here, any doubts, get checked out. Younger adults can have bowel cancer too. Through an amazing charity, I became an online mate of a youngish Dad in Essex. Sadly his prognosis wasn’t good when we were last in touch.

Blimey eleven hour op...that’s a long time to be under! Congrats on the all clear.

I had blood but thankfully just a hemorrhoid ..I thought the colonoscopy was bad enough.....geez 11 hours eek

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here