Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Have I missed a thread? Stanley is dead!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Maybe we wouldn’t be here now like this had all that went before not happened

Absolutely agree with that, out of misfortune we got to here, maybe it took those three for us to be where we are... all quite perverse really.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Yeah I knew him from his East Preston FC days, I wasn't over enamoured. All his 'regrets' tend to have happened when he knew what a pariah he was in Sussex to so many.

Yes that's how in the short time I spoke to him he came over. Perhaps he did have real remorse and we may find out the truth considering he was supposedly a fan first and foremost. Being caught up with a megalomaniac and a crocked egotistical politician would be enough for most of us.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Yes that's how in the short time I spoke to him he came over. Perhaps he did have real remorse and we may find out the truth considering he was supposedly a fan first and foremost. Being caught up with a megalomaniac and a crocked egotistical politician would be enough for most of us.

I'm sure he supported Chelsea, not Brighton, he had a penthouse at their hotel.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I'm sure he supported Chelsea, not Brighton, he had a penthouse at their hotel.

Oh if that's the case................................................................

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Absolutely agree with that, out of misfortune we got to here, maybe it took those three for us to be where we are... all quite perverse really.

All true but the three of them were just in it for financial gain (even Bellotti) and would not have even blinked if the club had gone out of business. And that would have been it. That period is part of our history and must not be re written or glossed over.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I am having a biopsy on Monday. I asked for a urine test because prostate cancer scares the willies out of me, and because, at 62, my flow is neither calm and steady, nor accompanied by loud commands (although sometimes my strength is running low). Turns out the test result is on the cusp. I had a young female GP stick a finger up my arse a week earlier, but that's another story (the story being she seemed to be going by the book, yes the one she hadn't read properly).

Don't wait till you're getting up three times a night for a jimmy. Tell your GP to sort you out (you may get swifter service if you pronounce your request in the manner of Ray Winston).

Yes I had the young thin female doctor do it, and also the rather large male doctor. I know which one was marginally more comfortable, or at least marginally less uncomfortable.

And yes anyone who doesn’t do this regularly, do it, it’s fine.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Apologies to return to the prostrate cancer element of this thread. I showed signs about three years ago, and my GP is also a friend of the family and a drinking buddy ..... I went to see him (aged 55 then) and he set about the ahem, inspection element, and sent me off to St Richard's a few days later. Couple of scans, pee test and blood test and they discovered I have prostrate cancer, as do many my age.

The difference I have is that they know about it, and I have regular checks and blood tests and am informed about what else to look out for, so if it decides to change in any way they can act. Please get checked, I think [MENTION=21215]Dazzer[/MENTION]666 said "if just one person is checked and saved it'll be worth it". Yes, some elements are "uncomfortable" but that's nothing to not knowing it's there and not be able to treat it or look out for other symptoms, PLEASE!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Met him once in the Indian Restaurant in Nutley, both of us ordering a takeaway....he didn't go in to much about the Albion but he and his daughter said how the strain of it all had caused him to have serious mental health issues. Since then he had completely changed his view of life and indeed started meditating amongst other things. He appeared very calm

Korma

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Just cos it can cause personal upset / hit home a little. Can’t we just celebrate it without the details ;)

Just my opinion, hardly crime of the century mate.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Also I know of people over 60 who are sent testing kits who won't do them because of how you have to collect the sample. Come on you wimps, I would rather get sh*t on my hand collecting the sample than go through treatment..

Aren't we mixing up prostate and bowel cancers?

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
I am having a biopsy on Monday. I asked for a urine test because prostate cancer scares the willies out of me, and because, at 62, my flow is neither calm and steady, nor accompanied by loud commands (although sometimes my strength is running low). Turns out the test result is on the cusp. I had a young female GP stick a finger up my arse a week earlier, but that's another story (the story being she seemed to be going by the book, yes the one she hadn't read properly).

Don't wait till you're getting up three times a night for a jimmy. Tell your GP to sort you out (you may get swifter service if you pronounce your request in the manner of Ray Winston).

I had my prostate removed a couple of years ago and then had to have radiotherapy as it had broken out of my prostate. I had no symptoms just found by luck. Good luck on Monday, the biopsy is a little uncomfortable but not painful. If you ever want to talk PM me.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I don't know if the thread is true either but let's not beat around the bush. In many ways he was the worst of the lot, sitting there at BISA meetings pretending to be our mate and all the time in cahoots with the other two. I won't shed a single tear and it's nearly wine o'clock.

Yep GB, with you on that. Maybe it’s hard for those that don’t remember those nights at the Concorde to understand as you say, as we demanded answers and listened to lies. I won’t though. Off to a garden party tonight and I’ll have an extra beer if true. No mourning in my house, nor many others who fought to keep the Albion alive. More like 2 down, 1 to go!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I had my prostate removed a couple of years ago and then had to have radiotherapy as it had broken out of my prostate. I had no symptoms just found by luck. Good luck on Monday, the biopsy is a little uncomfortable but not painful. If you ever want to talk PM me.

Cheers - much appreciated :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here