Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Hamas/Gaza/Israel

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Israel/Gaza has been a complicated / horrific mess for a long time.
One thing is clear though.
Anyone who doesn’t condemn the recent massacre, holds the view that, under certain circumstances, beheading children is justified.

And there it is again. Do you want to give your source for this? You'll find quite a few posts in the preceding two pages quoting various sources, including the Israeli Government saying this did not happen. Maybe give the source for this information or what you hoped posting it with no verifiable source would achieve other than more hatred and fear ?

I'm sorry and I've read @Bozza's post on abuse, but there are some seriously sick individuals on here. I'm off to watch the football

Last edited:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
A pal of mine is Turkish Cypriot and has a family home in the turkish republic (TRNC). As long as Greece and Turkey avoid using the place for a proxy war, it should retain the 'uneasy' stability. To fly to TRNC you have to go via Istambul, which is a bit of a pain, but not the end of the world.

I think it works because one side isn't trying to create illegal settlements on the land of the other side, and that other side isn't taking random pot shots across the border, leading to occasional major incursions and atrocities. Oh, and one side isn't being underwritten by America while the other is backed by nations hostile to the first, nations that surround the first on all sides.

Apart from that, the situations are identical.
It doesn’t hurt to have an UN buffer zone between the territories, members of the UN Peacekeeping forces and permanent RAF base there too 🙂

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
And there it is again. Do you want to give your source for this? You'll find quite a few posts in the preceding two pages quoting various sources, including the Israeli Government saying this did not happen. Maybe give the source for this information or why you decided to post it with no source ?

Thanks for educating me on this.
Changed to ‘murdering children’.
apologies to any members of Hamas for not getting the latest on how they murdered children.

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Changed to ‘murdering children’.
apologies to any members of Hamas for not getting the latest on how they murdered children.
Do you regard the children killed in Israeli airstrikes this week in the same way?

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
haven’t posted in this thread and not interested in joining the long-running discussions, so i will just give my two penn’orth and leave.

hamas attacked innocent israeli civilians. you can argue about the foundations/expansion of israel in the first place, but lots of the people initially attacked by hamas were innocent civilians and those attacks were deplorable. but what is happening/about to happen in palestine is a war crime of epic proportions. it is genuinely sickening, and our government/opposition should not be cheering it on in the name of self-defence. there is a difference between defending yourself and collective punishment. one is a war crime and one is not.

and the only way this ends is the cessation of the ongoing subjugation of the palestinian people. because that is what has been happening for the last howevermany years. without that, it will always be an ongoing hellhole. bottom line.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'll be kind with this one TB, you shouldn't be posting stuff like this, because you want it to be true.
No news agency BBC/Sky etc has backed it up. Did you not see the source and because of shit like this the Israelis have had to post images of this particular atrocity

I am trying to deal with facts not my wants.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Do you regard the children killed in Israeli airstrikes this week in the same way?
Of course.
It’s still possible to hold the view I put in my original post though.
[and I had already considered your valid point before posting it).

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
As we approach the fag end of 2023 there are two very obvious heartbreaking conflicts taking place. It looks like the Russians have stopped levelling towns/cities in Ukraine but Israel is full guns blazing in Gaza. One might have hoped that the world could be less destructive by now.
Amazing really that the world is still far more peaceful today than it ever has been. Says something about mankind eh!

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Why did you post in the first place?
Who on here doesn't condemn the recent massacre? And who on here thinks the murdering of children is justified?
I'm not trying to be confrontational, I'm just genuinely interested.
1) there were reports of people in London actively celebrating the developments at the weekend

2) you’re taking the view that the nature of the massacre can be neatly separated from the plight of the those in gaza . That’s your opinion . I would say the support from some quarters of the world has been muddier than that (not much condemnation of the brutality of the massacre )

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
1) there were reports of people in London actively celebrating the developments at the weekend

2) you’re taking the view that the nature of the massacre can be neatly separated from the plight of the those in gaza . That’s your opinion . I would say the support from some quarters of the world has been muddier than that (not much condemnation of the brutality of the massacre )

So you posted these lies it in the hope of increasing the fear on the side you 'support' and make them hate the other side more. F***ing Brilliant :facepalm:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
So you posted these lies it in the hope of increasing the fear on the side you 'support' and make them hate the other side more. F***ing Brilliant :facepalm:
I’m still trying to get my round the idea that you think highlighting doubts over HOW children were murdered is a great point.
Whatever next.

And it’s not a case of taking sides. You’ve jumped to your own conclusions there.

Also I’m curious as to why you’ve put inverted commas round support (but not to the extent that you should take this as encouragement to reply).

Last edited:

seagull77

Aug 11, 2009
Amazing really that the world is still far more peaceful today than it ever has been. Says something about mankind eh!
Yep, for as long as there are humans on this earth, there will always be war and suffering - we just can't help ourselves. I honestly believe 99 percent of the worlds population want peace and happiness but it's those one percent nut jobs that happen to get into positions of power effectively brainwash societies into one way or another. I would hope things would be different...

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Yep, for as long as there are humans on this earth, there will always be war and suffering - we just can't help ourselves. I honestly believe 99 percent of the worlds population want peace and happiness but it's those one percent nut jobs that happen to get into positions of power effectively brainwash societies into one way or another. I would hope things would be different...

Yep.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Yep 💯 %. Unfortunately those who truly crave destructive power often end up achieving their aims of brainwashing a population of people. I just find it mad that we are so incredibly intelligent as a human race when you think about what humans have achieved/discovered, yet we are also so destructive. Such a contradiction, but perhaps we are also a victim of our own intelligence - we (on the whole) are very skilled at understanding how others think and behave, so therefore very adept at manipulating others if we choose to

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I've resisted posting on this thread and echo the thoughts that have been posted elsewhere by a number of people namely that it is the equivalent of levelling Ireland after the Brighton bombing. Both actions are wholly wrong and depressing in equal measure.

My biggest disappointment with the situation is the rhetoric. I don't hear anyone on Radios, press conferences or TV interviews in power appealing for calm, peace or dialogue. It's like they are all luzzing petrol on a well lit bonfire. Great job lads, that'll end well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here