Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus to Chelsea

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Blimey how quickly did they move after having been turned down by Gus, that's assuming you believe they ever approached him..

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
So the timeline goes something like this:
Chelsea sack Wilkins
Chelsea announce intention to appoint replacement from within
Media get bored and start naming famous ex-Chelsea players
Chelsea appoint replacement from within

?

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon
Ole jimbo grfc

Is full of shit

ole jimbo grfc

is full of shit

His full shit shit and more shit

ole jimbo grfc is full of shit.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
So the timeline goes something like this:
Chelsea sack Wilkins
Chelsea announce intention to appoint replacement from within
Media get bored and start naming famous ex-Chelsea players, prat on here adds fuel to the fire by making up a story, Some NSCers bite
Chelsea appoint replacement from within, having had NO INTENTION OF DOING DIFFERENTLY

?

Amended

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon
Dear all

I so hope my source is wrong :shrug: but I did raise this on the board (and the Phone -In at the weekend) again laughed down by Mike and Richie just after Ray Wilkins got the heave-ho. I mentioned at the time both in posting here and on the radio my understanding was that Chelsea were touting our Gus as assistant manager.

Once again, our intrepid reporter Andy Naylor has reported nothing but anyone listening to 5 live tonight would have heard Gus was being pressed on this. Our man Gus's response wasn't convincing if you ask me and a couple of calls have been duly made by myself and I'm afraid to say by the end of the week the deal will be done. In all fairness to The Argus, it was stated in the 2 day interview last week with our chairman that he wouldnt stand in his way if a Premiership club came in

Official announcement I believe will take place this coming Thursday morning (my contacts in SW London have also confirmed) !!!!!

Gold!

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Problem I'm afraid though is that my sources are solid

What an irritating man. My sources tell me the moon landings were faked. Who are they? Sorry, that's confidential but they are highly placed in NASA and anyway, when my claim is proved as cobblers, I'll slink away quietly and you'll never hear from me again.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
probably sobered up and banned himself - don't think I would come back on here under the same name if I were him. Shame really because it's not what he did but the way that he did it that pissed people

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Why aint he banned?
Because no sensible poster on this site took it seriously for a second. The very very worst from our point of view that could have happened is that someone from Chelsea rang Gus to 'see how he is' - and frankly I doubt if even that happened.

I think you only get banned for starting rumours where there is at least a tiny remote sliver of a chance that you aren't talking total bollocks. This thread's just been a bit of fun. (Apologies to the more gullible amongst us who may have been even slightly worried for a bit).

Come back in two and a half years and it might be different. This thread'll probably get bounced with a triumphant "See? I told you so!"

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
From BBC Sport:
Chelsea appoint Michael Emenalo to replace Ray Wilkins

Chelsea have promoted Michael Emenalo from his position as chief scout to assistant first team coach.
Emenalo, who has been with the Blues since October 2007, succeeds Ray Wilkins in the role and Chelsea say the move is "recognition of his efforts".
The 45-year-old represented Nigeria at the 1994 World Cup and won 14 caps.
Emenalo, who briefly played for Notts County in the mid-1990s, will continue to scout for the first team while he updates his coaching qualifications.
The Nigerian's playing career also took him to the United States, Spain, Germany and Israel.

Assistant first-team coach Paul Clement, who was alongside boss Carlo Ancelotti in the dug-out at Stamford Bridge for the defeat against Sunderland on Sunday, was expected to step up to fill the role.
Former AC Milan defender Paolo Maldini, had also been linked with the job, as had Mauro Tassotti and Alessandro Costacurta who worked under Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti at Milan.
Ex-Chelsea first-team coach Steve Clarke and former West Ham manager Gianfranco Zola, who was a fans' favourite during his time as a player at Stamford Bridge, were also thought to be in the running.
Weird. No mention of Poyet in the running...?

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
egg+on+your+face.gif

:facepalm:

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
I heard the radio report in which Gus clearly stated that he would not consider a No 2 position and that he preferred a No 1,but he did not confirm that he would continue at Brighton. This information could well interest West Ham and other Premiership clubs.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I heard the radio report in which Gus clearly stated that he would not consider a No 2 position and that he preferred a No 1,but he did not confirm that he would continue at Brighton. This information could well interest West Ham and other Premiership clubs.

West Ham? They could be our opening league fixture at Falmer next season with any luck:laugh::laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here