Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus to Chelsea

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Correct. He stated that the deal would be done (100% Inaccurate) He stated that The Argus would carry something today (100% Inaccurate).

I think the Lua Lua scoop that he claimed was pure guesswork that just turned out to be accurate!

He knows no more than my next door neighbours dog!

Is this the same dog that predicted that William would get married next year and that France would win 2-1 last night? ???

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Of all the wankers that have been on this board over the years this bloke has got to take the accolade for biggest wanker. Muppet.

*Rowdey in agreement with Dwayne shocker..* :ohmy: :smile:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Correct. He stated that the deal would be done (100% Inaccurate) He stated that The Argus would carry something today (100% Inaccurate).

I think the Lua Lua scoop that he claimed was pure guesswork that just turned out to be accurate!

He knows no more than my next door neighbours dog!

As I said earlier in this thread somewhere he bumped into Charlie Oatway on Sunday so got the news about Lua Lua. Suddenyl he thought he could claim a source so went with this latest nonsense. Frankly the guy is obviously an attention seeking arse. :wave:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
This is a reminder of what he said about Lua Lua:

Lua Lua - Broken Ankle

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8Ace

Your source was correct, friend has spoken with Charlie Oatway this afternoon and has confirmed he has a broken ankle. Expected to be out for approx 10 weeks. Sorry to report this !

Don't see any other posts regarding this, apologies if already dealt with

Your mate bumping into Charlie Oatway does not mean you suddenly have inside information on the club! Just plain ridiculous.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Well I'm reading the argus and surprise surprise there is nothing about gus going to chelsea!
Come on Porky keep up, Chelsea approached Gus, he apparently said yes, so they opened negotiations with TB. In order to keep Poyet TB gave him a pay rise and an increased playing budget. Thankfully Jimbo's been keeping us up to date with all the developments.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Of all the wankers that have been on this board over the years this bloke has got to take the accolade for biggest wanker. Muppet.

And to be fair dwayne, that is in the face of some considerable competition :angel:

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
AlbaAlbion

It seems clear to me you've come in to this post late doors, finances are under discussion and will be reported to us all officially tomorrow. I can confirm discussions took place today but TB stood up to the plate to keep our man. Its the first but I'm sure if he carries on his good work not the last time our Gus will be hunted.

At all times I have always stated that I hope I was wrong and have never been happier to be so in this case. dare I suggest Alba that when replying to previous posts, if you are to cut and paste comments for argument, then please print the complete post for clarity. This my friend has made you a bigger ^&%$£")(. I wont swear as kids read this forum as well.

Mr moderator, there seems to be one or two posters screaming "ban him", can you confirm this is a free speech board, or do we let the keyboard warriors rule this forum ????:clap2:

Pompous and self-righteous can be added to completely wrong, scare mongering and ill informed. Probably the right decision would be to ban him.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If nothing else has come out of all of this, we have at least confirmed that posting your climbdown when clearly under the influence is inadvisable - it all becomes not so much about the source you have but more about the sauce you've had.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Can we draw a line underneath this now? I've had a sleepless night as it is.

Jimbo. As well intentioned as your original post was, you yourself pointed out that kids read this and I've spent most of last night explaining the ins and outs of the management merry go round to a nine year old who's convinced the man he idolises is leaving to become number 2 at Chelsea.

It's great you've got pals on the inside - although I'm not sure they'll remain that if you go on spouting highly confidential stuff like this on a public forum - but please, for my sanity and many others, just keep it to yourself in future mate :thumbsup:

Ps - I for one will have no problem if, AFTER the next big story breaks, you come on here and say 'I knew that'.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm going to refrain from any witch-hunt, until its clear whether there actually WAS any approach, tbh.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Give the bloke a break. So hopefully he got it all wrong but who cares - Gus appears to be staying and that is fine in my book. No wonder people stop posting on here for all the bitchiness there is - and they say women are bitchy - you lot take the biscuit miiiiiaaaaooowww!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Mr moderator, there seems to be one or two posters screaming "ban him", can you confirm this is a free speech board, or do we let the keyboard warriors rule this forum ????:clap2:

im no moderator, but there is a stated unofficial policy of banning people who post false rumours. its sort of stand by your statements, to discourage people making stuff up. it not always followed either, depends on the rumour, the poster and the manner of delivery.

free speech has nothing to do with it. the state grants you that right, you are free to start another forum and post your rumours if you like.

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
Dear all

I so hope my source is wrong :shrug: but I did raise this on the board (and the Phone -In at the weekend) again laughed down by Mike and Richie just after Ray Wilkins got the heave-ho. I mentioned at the time both in posting here and on the radio my understanding was that Chelsea were touting our Gus as assistant manager.

Once again, our intrepid reporter Andy Naylor has reported nothing but anyone listening to 5 live tonight would have heard Gus was being pressed on this. Our man Gus's response wasn't convincing if you ask me and a couple of calls have been duly made by myself and I'm afraid to say by the end of the week the deal will be done. In all fairness to The Argus, it was stated in the 2 day interview last week with our chairman that he wouldnt stand in his way if a Premiership club came in

Official announcement I believe will take place this coming Thursday morning (my contacts in SW London have also confirmed) !!!!!

That is not just starting a silly rumour, that is stating a fact...

Ban Him
Stone him

creditability....ZEROOOOOOOOOO

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here