Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus to Chelsea

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Bullshit rumour = ban (make it a long one as well)

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
This is a reminder of what he said about Lua Lua:

Lua Lua - Broken Ankle

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8Ace

Your source was correct, friend has spoken with Charlie Oatway this afternoon and has confirmed he has a broken ankle. Expected to be out for approx 10 weeks. Sorry to report this !

Don't see any other posts regarding this, apologies if already dealt with

Your mate bumping into Charlie Oatway does not mean you suddenly have inside information on the club! Just plain ridiculous.

It was my scoop anyway :D

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon
Come on Porky keep up, Chelsea approached Gus, he apparently said yes, so they opened negotiations with TB. In order to keep Poyet TB gave him a pay rise and an increased playing budget. Thankfully Jimbo's been keeping us up to date with all the developments.

Oh right, is that on top of the pay rise he got 4 months ago when he signed his new contract??:thumbsup:

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Don't shoot him down. His info may well have been credible, but the situation just changed.

I appreciate the info this chap gave us all on Lua Lua, which was not just accurate, it was 100% on the money.

If all pans out how it appears it might, lets celebrate the fact that we seem to have Gus for longer.

And maybe, we should consider buying the OP a drink. I think its terrific we have someone who can get some inside news.

Please remember, just coz if didnt pan out to the worst case scenario, does not mean it was not true/accurate in the 1st place.

Those calling him a liar and asking for him to be banned should hang your heads in shame.

I actually agree with that, strangely.....

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Mr moderator, there seems to be one or two posters screaming "ban him", can you confirm this is a free speech board, or do we let the keyboard warriors rule this forum ????:clap2:

im no moderator, but there is a stated unofficial policy of banning people who post false rumours. its sort of stand by your statements, to discourage people making stuff up. it not always followed either, depends on the rumour, the poster and the manner of delivery.

free speech has nothing to do with it. the state grants you that right, you are free to start another forum and post your rumours if you like.

Further to that, when you sign up you agree to the rules of the board, which include limits on what you can and can't say. Free speech does not exist on this board (though you are as free as Bozza and the mods allow you to be within the laws (i.e. libel etc.)).

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
Has he been banned then? As mentioned earlier for him to have any credibility left at all the approach has to have actually happened yesterday. Any danger of us hearing about it, if it occured?

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
"It's a big no," Poyet told Sky Sports News. "I love Chelsea but I enjoy making decisions and I don't want to be a number two again." (17/11/10)

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
And you KNOW that, do you?

As said before I see what you mean. There are many levels of approach. Liken it to trying to pull if you will;

1) start talking at the bar but being ignored

2) start talking, return conversation, offer a drink but get turned down

3) accepts the drink, talks some more but then lets you know you're not the one (or even A one)

4) proceeds to dance, has a cuddle but rules out tonsil tennis

5) allows exchanging of oral bodily fluids but stops short of testing out other assets

6) get to touch and squeeze the interesting parts but then leaves you hanging

7) get in there Frank!

So it depends at what level if any an approach progressed to.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
And you KNOW that, do you?

No, of course not. But i'm using COMMON SENSE rather than just being an attention seeker like the OP.
It's all hypothetical but IF the club had been approached by Chelsea for GP's services do you not think at least one media source would have picked up on it?!
This guy has said, categorically, that GP's depature would be anounced today by The Argus. There hasn't even been a sniff of this.

PS
If there is ANY evidence of this i'll happily take a ban.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
so any update then? presumably the announcment has been delayed due to protracted negotiations?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here