Gus favourite for Swansea job

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
In all fairness, Rodgers was sacked as Reading manager 3 years ago and managed Watford - both in the Championship and now hes moved on to Liverpool - a club with a lot of history.

Swansea would be a good step up for him, just need to sit back and wait and see if he is offered the job, or if he rejects it.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Where's natterjack ? wonder what his thoughts are?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I hope Gus is concentrating fully on the job of building a sqaud capable of winning promotion next season - not fretting about where he might go next. Somehow, though, I doubt it.

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Something perhaps to consider, if he goes to swansea, will he get credit? We often hear how they play the same style as brighton and so if he goes there, he will simply have them doing what they were doing under rogers, which is great from swansea and their fans' point of view, but from chelsea or spurs' point of view when looking for their manager after next, would it not seem as if he was carrying on rogers' policies rather than making a meaningful contribution of his own?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Something perhaps to consider, if he goes to swansea, will he get credit? We often hear how they play the same style as brighton and so if he goes there, he will simply have them doing what they were doing under rogers, which is great from swansea and their fans' point of view, but from chelsea or spurs' point of view when looking for their manager after next, would it not seem as if he was carrying on rogers' policies rather than making a meaningful contribution of his own?

If Gus leaves, I'm not sure I give a toss about how or what he does at Swansea. He will very much then be yesterday's man,

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Where's natterjack ? wonder what his thoughts are?

I can answer this.......Like everyone else connected with Swansea City.......and i have just watched the local news, they are totally pissed off at Rodgers going, but as for a replacement theres nothing local being spoken about yet.

I am only about 15ish miles from Swansea with a close friend who supports the Swans, should i hear anything even like concrete I will let everyone on here know :thumbsup:

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh

Only Gus really knows if this would interest him or not. But there does seem to be more downside than upside at Swansea - if they go down it's his fault, if he does well he's just benefitting from Roger's work.

And as many have said, if he did go it wouldn't be about Swansea it would be about the move that came next.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If Gus leaves, I'm not sure I give a toss about how or what he does at Swansea. He will very much then be yesterday's man,

But my point would impact on his decision to leave us or not. Would he leave us - where the contribution he has made to the club is obvious, and potentially taking us up to the premier league is all his doing - to join a club where his contribution becomes less obvious, if his ultimate aim is to impress the big teams?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Personally I think its a logical move for him - should he be offered it.

The only thing will be South Wales vs Sussex, I know where I'd rather live.......

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
But my point would impact on his decision to leave us or not. Would he leave us - where the contribution he has made to the club is obvious, and potentially taking us up to the premier league is all his doing - to join a club where his contribution becomes less obvious, if his ultimate aim is to impress the big teams?

Ah, sorry. I take your point.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Bloody hell, this thread has built up a head of steam fast.

If he is offered it he may well go. I'd wish him the very best and say a great big thank you.

I think they will go for someone else though. That said, I just can't think who.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Bloody hell, this thread has built up a head of steam fast.

If he is offered it he may well go. I'd wish him the very best and say a great big thank you.

I think they will go for someone else though. That said, I just can't think who.

Neither can the bookies. That's why Gus is favourite right now.

I don't care if he stays or fucks off.

I've had enough of his constant whoring to the media about managing in the Premiership, f***ing off to play golf if the fans don't like the way his team plays, walking off down the tunnel.

The tail is wagging the dog.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports