Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Logical step as mentioned .

I think this is the one we all feared .

Got to trust bloom though and should be plenty of interest and a whole summer

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Gus is a proud man and I cannot see him forgiving and forgetting that they turned him down in favour of Rogers in 2009 so I do no think that he would go to Swansea. If I had to lay a bet on anyone I would go for Holloway who would be nearer his home in Devon.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Neither can the bookies. That's why Gus is favourite right now.

I'm not a betting guy, but the facts that we were 'favourites' to sign Michael Owen, and Martinez to Anfield was a done deal says all I need to know about bookmakers and how they tout their odds around. At the end of the day, they haven't got a clue, because if they did, wouldn't they would be placing, not taking, the bets?

Gus is a proud man and I cannot see him forgiving and forgetting that they turned him down in favour of Rogers in 2009 so I do no think that he would go to Swansea. If I had to lay a bet on anyone I would go for Holloway who would be nearer his home in Devon.

Rubbish.

What is he supposed to forgive, that a more experienced man was chosen? And wasn't it Paolo Sousa who got the job in front of Gus.

This is football we're talking about here not every day jobs like we have, the whole concept is so alien to the likes of us. He will go if offered the job, he will be in the Premiership, bigger budget, team already schooled to the way he likes to play, bigger salary, CONSTANT media exposure.

I love what he's done here but FFS please don't expect an already wealthy man to have the same morals or scruples that we have.

LAMBRETTA MAN

Feb 5, 2012
Rubbish.

What is he supposed to forgive, that a more experienced man was chosen? And wasn't it Paolo Sousa who got the job in front of Gus.

This is football we're talking about here not every day jobs like we have, the whole concept is so alien to the likes of us. He will go if offered the job, he will be in the Premiership, bigger budget, team already schooled to the way he likes to play, bigger salary, CONSTANT media exposure.

I love what he's done here but FFS please don't expect an already wealthy man to have the same morals or scruples that we have.

Well said...make some good signings and play the same way as last season ....or jog on and we will adapt to the new manager if it comes to it ... not the end of the world no man is bigger than the club .

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If he does go let's make it soon, no f***ing about.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Swansea`s hardly `special` though is it.
Can`t see it myself and would be surprised if they don`t look abroad for Rodgers replacement.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Swansea`s hardly `special` though is it.
Can`t see it myself and would be surprised if they don`t look abroad for Rodgers replacement.

The problem with Swansea is that it's a helluva long way from anywhere - South Wales doesn't do it justice....it's really West Wales. It's also hardly the cosmopolitan resort that is Brighton. Personally I'd be amazed if Poyet wanted to go to a club that, without Rodgers, stands a decent chance of being relegated next year. Much more opportunity at Brighton - plus, a MUCH better place to live. I'm not sure Mrs Poyet would be over-enamoured with the prospect of Swansea......

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Funny thing is, everyone is getting their knickers in a twist about Gus going, where as I would be surprised if he was top of anyone's wanted list after our end to the season. He is only a legend in his own mind.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
If Gus is going to move (and I still doubt this), I hope he just gets on with it as soon as possible. As a club, we've arguably got bigger and better things to worry about than his future career. What really matters to me is Brighton and Hove Albion and where we are going in the short to medium term and frankly if Gus would rather be somewhere else he can piss off, albeit with my thanks and best wishes for what he has done for us. I for one won't lose any sleep over his departure if it happens; indeed, I'm not even clear that he has yet done enough to warrant any Premiership club taking a punt on him.

Exactly this.....If Gus thinks he is bigger than BHA he can go now....The club will be around long after he has gone...

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Don't think Gus will go. Is a step up but a small one and not got as much potential as we have all be it are naturally ahead now after what we've been through very recently. Would need to be a big stride forward for any manager to leave any job not a baby step I'd think. Also bigger more experienced names will apply for the position, he will only get an interview if courted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here