Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus favourite for Swansea job

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Is a step up but a small one

Sure the likes of Leeds, Leicester, Forest, Ipswich Derby wouldn't agree with that. It's a stepping stone for Gus ... keep Swansea in Prem for 2 years and job done ... that's when the big boys will come sniffing.

Realistically we've got to serve our time in Championship which is 5/6 years or something (unless we get lucky like Blackpool, Norwich, SCCC) ... and even then Gus doesn't do much better than a lower-mid table team

He's ambitious, no loyalty to Brighton and I don't blame him, he'll move on at first (upward) opportunity for sure

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Next season is a very very big one for both Swansea and Norwich. There have been many a team that has done well in the PL in their first season only to get the 2nd season syndrome and get relegated. For both these teams next season is about consolidation. Would they risk that on a rookie manager (which Gus is?). More likely they will go for an experienced manager who has done it at the highest level so as to ensure PL safety.

I think (as I believe Gus does) that Gus best chance of the PL is to do it with us. Having said that if Swansea or Norwich took the risky move and offered Gus the job, he'll be off in a whiff.

stickboy

Banned
May 30, 2012
This could go on for a good week then say Swansea come for Gus and he decides to go then we'd need a replacement and that could take a couple of weeks. It could be the end of June before we get a manger installed and that gives him no time at all to get the players he needs. Just wish this managerial merry go round could be concluded fast so we can build for next season.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I don't care if he stays or fucks off.

I've had enough of his constant whoring to the media about managing in the Premiership, f***ing off to play golf if the fans don't like the way his team plays, walking off down the tunnel.

The tail is wagging the dog.

u love him really ..i can tell

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
If Gus leaves, I'm not sure I give a toss about how or what he does at Swansea. He will very much then be yesterday's man,

Has he said he is leaving?...nah...why worry about speculation when nothing remotely has happened apart from a lot of chat and some bookies who i am afraid don't hav a gd record on setting odds on future managers

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
This could go on for a good week then say Swansea come for Gus and he decides to go then we'd need a replacement and that could take a couple of weeks. It could be the end of June before we get a manger installed and that gives him no time at all to get the players he needs. Just wish this managerial merry go round could be concluded fast so we can build for next season.

Nice negative first post,welcome to North Stand Chat,you're gonna fit in just fine.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
if he does, lets hope TB works the system and puts a few quid on:)

stickboy

Banned
May 30, 2012
Nice negative first post,welcome to North Stand Chat,you're gonna fit in just fine.

Hi.

Not trying to be negative but just would like this sorted out so we can get the players we require for next season as the longer this drags on then the players we could be after could go to other clubs.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Nothing's even happened yet and people are already saying it's dragging on. :facepalm:

Lets work on the assumption Gus is happy at the Albion and not actively looking to leave.

That doesn’t mean he couldn’t be tempted, but he’s reasonably happy with the way things are progressing.

Why would he go to Swansea?

Are they ahead of us? Yes, but we could well be there as well in a year or so, and Gus would have done it all, not built on someone elses base.

Will they pay him shedloads of money more than we do? I doubt it.

Do they have a bigger budget than us? Possibly, but I don’t see them paying Torres type transfer fees. In any case Gus seems to be good at improving players rather than buying the finished product. That must be much more satisfying.

Do they have more upside potential than us? No, I don’t think so. They are about as high as they can go, maybe a few places higher in the league, but I don’t see them qualifying for Europe any time soon.

Is there more downside potential for them than us? I think yes, mainly because of the lack of upside.

But if for whatever reason Gus isn’t happy then I think it’s very much the sort of club he could be tempted by.

But is there any sign of Gus not being happy? Not as far as I can see.

He’ll need to knock this on the head fairly quickly, assuming he wants to stay, otherwise there will be no chance of hanging onto Vicente.

Or maybe he’ll go and take Vicente with him?

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Most people seem to think Gus would go to Swansea. can someone tell me what experience he has in the top league. I would be sure that a short list would be made by Swansea. Take one look at Gus's CV and no experience in the top level. I would think Swansea's main aim now would be to stay in the PL at all costs, therefore would look for a manager with experience. It will be a tough season for Swansea

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Hi.

Not trying to be negative but just would like this sorted out so we can get the players we require for next season as the longer this drags on then the players we could be after could go to other clubs.

Couldn't agree more with you,just made me laugh that it was your first post.I think there is a good chance that what you fear could happen,be even worse if he takes Vicente with him.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Maybe a bit out of left-field but I'm hoping that Swansea may plum for either Holloway or Warnock

Most sensible thing said on here. Holloway is a manager who has charisma and has more than proved he can handle the pressure of the PL. if you were the chairman of Swansea who would you choose? Gus or Holloway......I know who my choice would be

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here