Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus favourite for Swansea job

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
If he does go, hopefully it will be sooner rather than later, so that we can get in a decent replacement and make sure he is installed before the start of pre season.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
If Gus is going to move (and I still doubt this), I hope he just gets on with it as soon as possible. As a club, we've arguably got bigger and better things to worry about than his future career. What really matters to me is Brighton and Hove Albion and where we are going in the short to medium term and frankly if Gus would rather be somewhere else he can piss off, albeit with my thanks and best wishes for what he has done for us. I for one won't lose any sleep over his departure if it happens; indeed, I'm not even clear that he has yet done enough to warrant any Premiership club taking a punt on him.

I agree with this. Having Gus linked to just about every managerial vacancy is getting boring and is unsettling for the club. Needs a statement from him committing himself to the Albion (at least for another year) otherwise we should start looking for a replacement. A manager who will not tinker so much with the team and who will not preside over such a marked loss of form at the end of the coming season.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Just said on talkshite Swansea are going to look in Spain for their next manager

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
For the first time, THIS is the one I am worried about.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I love this post on their forum!

"No loyalty in football anymore, lets get Di Matteo or Gus Poyet in"

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010

I, for one, will be surprised if he decided to go to Swansea who are no further up the tree than GP would hope or expect the Albion to be in 1/2/3 years. Also, it would certainly mean uprooting his wife and family for how many years until heading for the 'big one'

I reckon previous speculation was about right, he will go to Spurs or Chelsea when the time is right, OR something unpredictable but very special ?

For those 'big ones' he still has some work to do on his CV.

Still, it gives us something to post about in these dark days of summer.

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
For the first time, THIS is the one I am worried about.

I really can't see the point in worrying, I certainly don't want Gus to go, but what will be will be

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
If Liverpool give Rodgers time, he will make them great again. One of the best up and coming managers in Europe

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
So you think Swansea are a 'special' club then?

I would be amazed if he went there.

I don't think he's trying to say they are the special club I think he's pointing out that saying it's a backwards step for him is a bit daft. Even if Swansea do go down next season then he'll have the parachute payments to play with which we are not going to be able to compete with for many years to come (unless we get there ourselves of course). It's safe to say Swansea are miles ahead of us in the football food chain at the moment and will be for a little while to come.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
If Liverpool give Rodgers time, he will make them great again. One of the best up and coming managers in Europe

Not a bad step up for a man who failed at Reading only 2 seasons ago after a very average performance at Watford. I don't know how you can say he's one of the best up and coming European managers based on a season and a half at Swansea building on other managers good work? I think its extremely risky from Liverpool's point of view.

I've just put £20 quid on Gus to be next Swansea manager at 6/1 with Paddy Power. Just got a feeling its going to happen. If he was interested in the Wolves job then I can't see why he wouldn't be interested in this. Plus it's a natural progression for Swansea - Martinez, Souza, Rodgers, Poyet. All have similar philosophies. The only issue for Swansea I can see would be the compensation we would demand.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't understand this idea that Gus won't go because they are likely to be favourites for relegation. Their likelihood of relegation will be in part dictated by the manager. As such, perhaps Gus (or whoever goes there) will believe that because they are in charge, Swansea's chances of survival have increased. You don't go to a club thinking you can't improve them and they are doomed to go down anyway, you go thinking you bring something to the table that improves them.

Anyone who is writing them off as an option because they may be favourites for relegation are, imo, wrong. I'm not saying he will go there, but if he doesn't it won't be because they might be looking at a relegation fight next season.

I really can't see the point in worrying, I certainly don't want Gus to go, but what will be will be

This

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here