Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Gus after liam + will

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It does. Clubs and players can get everything agreed whenever though, they just can't sign on the dotted line till midnight tonight

I was under the impression they could, and the player could move and start training with a new team, he just isn't allowed to play until the transfer window is opened and the transfer becomes official (but that rarely ever happens because what layer wants to miss games, and what team wants to buy a player they can't play?)

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
If Bridcutt does go, it will probably be somewhere between the £2.5 million Sunderland have apparently bid and the £5 million someone is suggesting on this thread. I can't believe many Premier League sides who would want Bridcutt can afford to pay £5 million for a defensive midfielder.

In my view, if he goes now, it will be for between £3 and £4 million, with possible add ons/sell ons meaning it could rise significantly. I doubt we're in a rush to sell this week though. If Sunderland have bid, given the number of teams allegedly interested, it might spark a bidding war and I'm sure we'd rather not sell to Poyet if possible.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Buckley bid rejected according to Sky Sports, no mention of Bridcutt's......

How much and from whom ?

Surely they could've waited one day more till the transfer window opens?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
How much and from whom ?

Surely they could've waited one day more till the transfer window opens?

Poyet said live on sky he has money to spend and will be starting his business before the window opens so he has players ready for first game after NYD.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Exactly. Our scouting network has been excellent during the past couple of years; the only real let down has been Jobbie, and that was a last minute panic buy thinking that CMS was on his way.

Maybe more to do with the player not getting on with poyet

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
alonso...not bought..loan deal...40k seems a very big guess

Crikey, £40k a week loan deal, wow. Those premier league numbers are just terrifying. £2-4m for Liam could just be a drop in the ocean for them then, let's hope Liam doesn't fancy moving to that part of the world and tells them to sling their hook.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Crikey, £40k a week loan deal, wow. Those premier league numbers are just terrifying. £2-4m for Liam could just be a drop in the ocean for them then, let's hope Liam doesn't fancy moving to that part of the world and tells them to sling their hook.

Ahh another gus hater.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Especially for a player who was pretty average with Bolton from memory and is a left back. Makes you realise how difficult it is to compete in the Premier League.

luge

Dec 18, 2010
Well his agent is Gus' agent so that blows that theory put of the water!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003

On loan, not purchased. I'm hoping the report on BBC that he has to sell before the can buy is correct, can't imagine anyone will be breaking down their doors to buy any of that squad for the sort of money to make a difference for them.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
On loan, not purchased. I'm hoping the report on BBC that he has to sell before the can buy is correct, can't imagine anyone will be breaking down their doors to buy any of that squad for the sort of money to make a difference for them.

Where have I said purchased?

Suggest you take up reading lessons.

It's not even the FIRST day of the deadline either.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Ahh another gus hater.

What? I stated that the numbers are astonishing to me, not expressing an opinion on anyone. I commented that on those numbers, any bid of £2-4m would be small beer to a club able to pay £40k a week on a loan player. And finally I hoped that our best player didn't fancy a move up north and would stay with us.

Where in the **** did you get Gus hater from that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here