Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Gus after liam + will

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Do we reckon Oscar has a ready made replacement lined up? It's no secret that Bridcutt was going to be leaving so I rather hope we have a player ready to swoop for.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I think you are right. I don't believe you get any compo unless they have been part of your youth set up for a number of years, as we got Ince following his release from Chelsea I don't think we will get anything should be leave.

I would be very upset if we lost him for nothing. It's not often that the Albion get lucky and find a talent like him.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
This seems a very factual statement. Do you have inside info?!

No! but being a poker player thinking just how I would play the hand?
I do have an inside contact higher than anyone else on here BUT he tells me nothing, not even what he had for dinner last night!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Which puts us in danger of losing players before the contract ends because they have already talked to other clubs. So has he learnt nothing from the Murray move. Ince can start talking to other clubs next month I believe. Surely David Burke should be highlighting this problem.

To be honest I feel the same way. Of course we have to trust Tony, but it is a dangerous strategy and surely there is a strong argument for protecting his investments (i.e. the players) as well. To potentially let them leave for nothing is nonsensical.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
are you for real? anything less than £3.5 would be robbery.

the role he plays is a premier league role, and he's young.

I agree the role he plays, where everything goes through the middle/him and controlling the tempo of the game, organising players and speaking to them during the game and winning challenges is definitely perfectly suited for them Prem, and I think he would shine there. His form has dipped this season, I know he had an injury but I think it could also because he wants a move away to the Prem.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Sky Sports News say he want Birdcutt and Buckley, didnt say the price though. 1mil for Buckley is a piss take smh :tosser:

If they pay 5 million for Bridders and 1 million for Buckley I'd not be worried about the Buckley price. Makes it look like they got a bargain on one player and keeps their fans happy thinking they got a bargain.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I don't think selling up on Bridcutt would bring about a crisis as defensive midfield is an area we're rather well stocked. To get a few million and bring in the creativity that we're without with that bounty wouldn't be a bad thing. Buckley, though, for all his muscular strains and bodily disharmony, is worth a shedload more than £1m and is one we wish to keep, in my book. He's a creature of guile and grace and one to cling to. Herr Quackenstein ought to fix him over time and with him at full pelt for only 3 quarters of a season we have a weapon it would be tough to replace.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I think you are right. I don't believe you get any compo unless they have been part of your youth set up for a number of years, as we got Ince following his release from Chelsea I don't think we will get anything should be leave.

I thought the criteria for getting compensation is that the player has to be under 24 and you have to have offered them a contract at least the same as their previous one. It doesn't matter whether they have come through your academy. However, that will impact the amount of compensation you get so we won't get very much for a year and a half of developing Ince.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Just noticed this in one of the argus reports

"The Telegraph claims the Black Cats have made a £2.5 million offer for midfielder Bridcutt and around £1 million for winger Buckley, who is out for a month with a torn hamstring. A spokesman for Albion said this morning there would be no official comment from the club but The Argus understands the figures reported are inaccurate in both cases and both bids are regarded as derisory."

The first Argus reports didn't have the inaccurate and derisory lines, so someone at the club obviously got on the blower to Naylor. Gus using his media contacts to do a bit of unsettling or shit-stirring ?

Last edited:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
As a player, why would you do this if you can get higher wages when you don't sign until near the end of a contract? It works both ways. A player wont/does not have to sign a contract put before them by the club.

You sign for security.

It's a good job Glenn Murray signed up for 20K a week before his injury, or dare I say Hoskins signed for his 1 year before being crocked for it.

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
I hope I am wrong but a series of hamstring injuries could permanently affect
Buckleys main attribute - pace.I am not sure his crossing , finishing and general play
would be at a premiership level if it all took place at a slower pace.
I think most fans understand that it is nearly impossible to keep Players signing for bigger clubs.
The worst case scenario is starting next year in the championship without bridcutt and Ince
I hope we still have one of them.
I also hope we have a winger or wide attacking player that contributes more goals and assists
than any we have so far enjoyed at the AMEX improvement in the wide strikers could be the key
to promotion.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Sorry if fixtures I hear from radio Sussex Bridcutt not captain which I think he has been for the last couple.. interesting

Isn't Calderon the vice captain ? If so, then he gets the armband if he is playing and GG is out.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Brave explorer lands in backwater country to exploit the natural resources.

"Have these lovely shiny beads in return for your most valuable things. Look how shiny they are" says the explorer who was guided to the backwater by a native guide who knows the land and the people well.

The head of the tribe turns to his council and says "who are these patronising dicks with their guide who we threw out of our lands?"

The explorer was politely asked for cold hard cash or to leave and take his guide and his beads with him.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Sorry if fixtures I hear from radio Sussex Bridcutt not captain which I think he has been for the last couple.. interesting

They said they 'forgot' Calde was Vice Captain and should have had the armband at Blackpool, not Bridcutt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here