Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Gus after liam + will

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Meh.

There is going to be A LOT of these articles over the next few weeks, the vast majority of them being BS.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Calm down dear......

Bridcutt and Buckley are going nowhere, maybe a different story in the summer if we don't make the promised land.

Expect a quiet transfer window with possibly a couple of loanee's to boost a couple of key positions.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
As iv'e said before. I heard Liam to Sunderland 5M done deal. I hope it is not true.

If Liam is going ( and I believe he is ) Then I hope it's done and dusted quickly so Oscar has plenty of time to bring in any reinforcements he has his eye on.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Calm down dear......

Bridcutt and Buckley are going nowhere, maybe a different story in the summer if we don't make the promised land.

Expect a quiet transfer window with possibly a couple of loanee's to boost a couple of key positions.

I hope you are right.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Times reporting that Bridcutt to Sunderland is a done deal. But as we know, there's no such thing in football. Anyone could step in with a better offer. I hope they do but I'm resigned to saying goodbye to Liam.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
As iv'e said before. I heard Liam to Sunderland 5M done deal. I hope it is not true.

Well that would be a good price and he looks like a player with his mind on other things, we have Ince to take his place so the loss would be lessened a fair bit

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
So Buckley is worth the same as 2.5 years ago when he wasnt even a regular for a poor Watford side, and we rejected a bigger bid last season...

byf1

Mar 22, 2012
So Buckley is worth the same as 2.5 years ago when he wasnt even a regular for a poor Watford side, and we rejected a bigger bid last season...

I wouldn't say he's worth much more than 1.5, he's injury prone....lacking confidence and injured for the 45595 time. Not the same player as the first season at the amex

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I wouldn't say he's worth much more than 1.5, he's injury prone....lacking confidence and injured for the 45595 time. Not the same player as the first season at the amex

Buckley is useless now (although this is a view when he plays on the left). Guess he will be in for him come the summer seeing as he is injured now.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Times reporting that Bridcutt to Sunderland is a done deal. But as we know, there's no such thing in football. Anyone could step in with a better offer. I hope they do but I'm resigned to saying goodbye to Liam.

My info seemed fairly sound, and came weeks ago.

JTR938

Nov 24, 2012
If Gus wants him so bad then he will pay Bloom's asking price! (my guess £4m+). IMO at that kind of money I would let him go, We have a more than credible replacement in our very own YaYa Ince!
Buckley wont be going anywhere! No club in their right mind will go for a player that has proven to be so injury prone this season.
As above, Leo would be my worry!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I've read it reported that Sunderland will have to SELL before Gus can buy anyone, so who does he have that he can sell?

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
£2.5 Million for Liam Bridcutt is fair price for a defensive / holding midfielder from the Championship with no Premiership experience anything over than would be bonus.

Liam has been fantastic for us but he wants to play the highest level and we have a perfect replacement in Ince or Andrews.

Take the money and get in a play maker in the middle of the park and watch us sail into the Play Off's.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here