Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gillingham tickets - general sale

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Have got my smart card and wife. Went to stadium yesterday to buy 2 Gills tickets. All ok. Guy behind counter said the tickets would be put on smart cards. Then "Oops" not gone on smart card but printed paper tickets. Sheepish grin by him. Oh well, all a learning curve I s'pose.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Does the smart card get sent to us? Sorry if that has already been adressed elsewhere.

This is what I was wondering. Given the information on the ticketing section of the official website I would have thought so but given as some of the info there is a little out of date then it's a little worrying.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
is anyone having the same problems as me.ive been trying on and off since 11 this morning to purchase gillingham tickets.everytime i go to checkout it just wont let me.ive even been back to bed for 3 hours as im working nights as still i cant check out.i would of purchased loads of bloody tickets by now.if it didnt keep going round n round in circles before not letting you checkout!!!grrrrr

I'm a season ticket holder for West Stand Upper, been trying for the last 3 days to add my reserved seat for the Gillingham game, system wouldn't let me in for some reason even at 11pm last night, maybe they were making improvements with the system, who knows ?? but I did the booking exactly the same way against EB. Could never get through on the ticketline either. Gave it another go on the website this morning and my seat is still available for Spurs as reserved but my seat was sold this morning for Gillingham, this after sending an email to the ticket office informing them of my problem last night, that I want my seat and please do not sell it asking for a return call to arrange it.

On the positive side, as someone who works in the IT industry I can understand there will be teething problems so it doesn't bother me too much for a cup game in its early stages, but the system needs to be fool proof to work. I must say however the ticket operator was most helpful and provided two tickets in the East Stand on the halfway line for myself and my son. He'd been taking calls of abuse all day but informed me my call was a breath of fresh air. They have a new system, I doubt with proper training but please treat the operators with respect

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Ths club needs to make sure people are aware they can get tickets or, like last Sat, we will be selling short just because potential customers think they've no chance of getting a ticket.

Thats a very good comment and one which was fired up by some on this forum. It seems that every game on here, get your tickets now blah blah blah, cos it WILL sell out. 7k for Eastbourne and only because I decided last min to attend in the hope I may get in. There was no worries there thats for sure

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
You get your smart card, when you buy tickets the system will update your smart card number to say which games you have paid for, you then swipe your card at the turnstile and it will check the system to make sure you've paid. You then get welcomed by gorgeous ladies into Amex heaven !

That doesn't concur with the ticket office operator today. Tickets bought in paper format even though we are season ticket holders. Best thing to do guys is retain your match tickets for EB, Spurs and Gillingham and demand your loyalty points at a quieter time

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
That doesn't concur with the ticket office operator today. Tickets bought in paper format even though we are season ticket holders. Best thing to do guys is retain your match tickets for EB, Spurs and Gillingham and demand your loyalty points at a quieter time

Sorry, I was describing how smart cards work for those who have them, yes some of us will get paper tickets. There are no loyalty points for EB or Spurs, btw. And the loyalty points for Gills have already been awarded, they are linked to your fan number and nothing to do with smart cards or paper tickets.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Will I be able to get a ticket when I return from holiday on august 4th?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I wonder what the gate will be for the Gillingham game? I reckon they will bring around 1,500 and the total gate will be around 18,500.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Got mine - 3 tickets in West Lower for my Dad, my brother and I. A birthday pressie and trip down Memory Lane for my Dad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here