Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gillingham tickets - general sale

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's because they want everyone to have smart cards, so you register everyone and they each have their own smart card.
Ah, so are you expecting non ST holders to be sent a smart card witht their ticket? That would be nice.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Ah, so are you expecting non ST holders to be sent a smart card witht their ticket? That would be nice.
Q: Why do I have to give a name for every ticket I purchase?
One major change will be the phasing out of paper tickets and the gradual move to "smart" access control, not just for season ticket holders, but for all our regular supporters.
Eventually each regular supporter will have an access card which will be their own individual card. So when a purchase is made, the ticket for that particular match will be uploaded directly to that card. Only one seat can be uploaded to one card.
The new ticketing system will also allow the club to explore different types of loyalty schemes, enabling supporters to gain priority to particular high profile games along with our season ticket holders.

Q: I want to buy my friend's ticket at the same time as mine online, but the system won't allow me to do it?
You are able to buy tickets online for family and friends, but they must be registered with us first and you will also require their customer number (e.g. 50003997) Once you have logged on you can use the friends and family option on the left hand side of the screen.
Once registered as friends and family you will be able to log on and purchase tickets for anyone who is registered as your friend or family.

VeronaSeagull

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
A friend's fan number linked to mine via friends and family. I find it a bit strange that you have to have a fan number for each person and then that has to be linked to you if you want to buy the tickets in one order so you are sitting together, rather than just letting one person buy, say, a max of 4

It's because you get a smart card issued for each person and each match you go to gets logged onto your card, rather than a paper ticket.....hence every person going needs their own FAN nmber

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Fair enough. I like that us filthy non-STH mudbloods will get a shiny smartcard all of our own

No tickets for away fans are ever going to be sold as POTD.

Is this 100% official policy? I am not doubting you, I have just not heard of it before. Personally, can't see the logic in turning away a few dozen Barnsley fans who make the long journey when they are hundreds of empty seats in their end! If it is official policy, I hope it is changed and some common sense decisions made for certain fixtures.

What about home fans? Do you know the POTG policy here?

VeronaSeagull

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Is this 100% official policy? I am not doubting you, I have just not heard of it before. Personally, can't see the logic in turning away a few dozen Barnsley fans who make the long journey when they are hundreds of empty seats in their end! If it is official policy, I hope it is changed and some common sense decisions made for certain fixtures.

What about home fans? Do you know the POTG policy here?

This has been official policy since we moved to Withdean......

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
On a semi-related note, what do you think the chances of Donny tickets going on general sale next Wednesday, Thursday or Friday are? I'm not working those days so that would be a touch of good fortune

This has been official policy since we moved to Withdean......

Fully aware of the Withdean policy - We are no longer playing at Withdean. The Withdean policy AFAIK was a condition of getting permission to use the dam venue in the 1st place. Surely these draconian measures will not be carried over to the Amex?

On a semi-related note, what do you think the chances of Donny tickets going on general sale next Wednesday, Thursday or Friday are? I'm not working those days so that would be a touch of good fortune

Dam good chance IMO. The rush for Spurs should be over by then. I am trying to work out when Pompey will go on sale, as away soon - really don't want to miss

VeronaSeagull

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Fully aware of the Withdean policy - We are no longer playing at Withdean. The Withdean policy AFAIK was a condition of getting permission to use the dam venue in the 1st place. Surely these draconian measures will not be carried over to the Amex?

Exactly the same! However, because of the smart card system you can buy tickets online/over the phone right up until kick off (I believe)

dantheman

Jul 16, 2011
Quick question, got through to the checkout, clicked confirm, and it says theres been a problem with my transaction, and card may not be debited. No confirmation email, do you reckon I'll need to buy again?!

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Got myself two tickets for Gillingham, upper west. Since I play football Saturday mornings and live in Bristol my chances to get to the Amex are limited on Saturdays so a great early chance to see the new stadium. Now I just have to wade my way through all the blurb about the best way to get there. Happy days.

Exactly the same! However, because of the smart card system you can buy tickets online/over the phone right up until kick off (I believe)

To be fair, you could buy them online, right up until kick off at Withdean. You could in theory, turn up without a ticket, go to the Sportman for a beer, buy on your iphone, walk round to the south stand and pick up your tickets on the way.

With a nice big ticket office at Falmer, it would now make sense that you could just go here, pay some cash and walk off with a ticket......

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Quick question, got through to the checkout, clicked confirm, and it says theres been a problem with my transaction, and card may not be debited. No confirmation email, do you reckon I'll need to buy again?!

Check your order history. If the game is not listed then you need to try again.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
I already have my ticket for Carling Cup match as I'm a STH. However I thought I'd have a quick look on the site this morning, and it was showing Very Good/Good availablity for tickets in pretty much all areas of the ground, including North Stand.

Surely this is Bollocks????? I would imagine at least a 50% uptake of Cup Tickets by STH?? How can there be good availabilty in all these areas?? Must be a technical glitch somewhere. Either that or the attendance is going to be 40,000 with two bums per seat!!!!!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Today is my only day off until the 30th , so my chances of getting a ticket for the Donny game will be less than scooping the Euromillions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here