Gillingham tickets - general sale

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Quick question, got through to the checkout, clicked confirm, and it says theres been a problem with my transaction, and card may not be debited. No confirmation email, do you reckon I'll need to buy again?!
Yes, worth trying. If they went through it won't allow you to buy more anyway, as we're limited to one per registered member.

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
As a non season ticket holder, I've not paid much attention to the discussions about seats, so where can I find a staduim plan that will show me where I will be sitting?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
To be fair, you could buy them online, right up until kick off at Withdean. You could in theory, turn up without a ticket, go to the Sportman for a beer, buy on your iphone, walk round to the south stand and pick up your tickets on the way.

With a nice big ticket office at Falmer, it would now make sense that you could just go here, pay some cash and walk off with a ticket......

Its already been discussed in numerous threads , just turning up with cash at the ticket office on a matchday means the club doesn't know who they're selling to.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
it was showing Very Good/Good availablity for tickets in pretty much all areas of the ground, including North Stand.

Surely this is Bollocks????? I would imagine at least a 50% uptake of Cup Tickets by STH?? How can there be good availabilty in all these areas??
Even if 75% of STH took their seats, there'd still be dozens of seats available in each block - that could easily be described as very good availablity.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
As a non season ticket holder, I've not paid much attention to the discussions about seats, so where can I find a stadium plan that will show me where I will be sitting?

If you log into the ticket site, go to the Gillingham game and it gives you a stadium plan where you can choose which block you want to buy a ticket in. There are tickets available in every block apart from the 1901 club section, so I am well-chuffed to be in what looks like the best part of the stadium for this game

Its already been discussed in numerous threads , just turning up with cash at the ticket office on a matchday means the club doesn't know who they're selling to.

I'm trying not to sound argumentative, but a new 1st time purchaser does not exactly have to produce any ID when buying over the phone or net.

It is also more than likely that if people were allowed to turn up at the ticket office, they would simply register as a new fan, and be 'encouraged' to buy games onto their smart card via other methods in the future.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'm trying not to sound argumentative, but a new 1st time purchaser does not exactly have to produce any ID when buying over the phone or net.

It is also more than likely that if people were allowed to turn up at the ticket office, they would simply register as a new fan, and be 'encouraged' to buy games onto their smart card via other methods in the future.

For some games a first time purchaser wont be able pick up tickets on-line or via the phone as they have no purchasing history (Leeds , Cardiff , West Ham , Millwall , Palace , Portsmouth , Southampton , Birmingham , Derby and Forest this season for instance). For the games they can buy matchday tickets for over the phone or on-line the club is taking a card payment , that leaves a electronic paper trail which identifies you. The club will want new fans to pre-book tickets and not pay with cash on the day.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I assume the general idea is that when it's busy, and potentially a sell out, you don't get hundreds of away fans turning up hoping for a ticket, failing, and then having nothing to do but break stuff. If away fans can't ever buy at the game, they won't turn up.

thedeadone

Jan 17, 2005
West Sussex
Just ordered mine i asked how many were left he thought just under half the tickets were still available in the home section.
It looks like many season ticket holders are giving it a miss!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Fair comment!!! Keep forgetting how many seats there are in there!!!! :)
Yes, except...
i asked how many were left he thought just under half the tickets were still available in the home section.
That's disappointing. Better spread the word to all friends that won't have seen the stadium.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
My Mrs wanted to see the Amex before she drops Junior Orange, so I've forgone my own seat in the WSU to reduce the stair climbing to a minimum, and gotten seats in the front row of the North Stand

:D

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
So we have about 9,000 thus far. Not beyond the realms of possibility that we are going to sell a fair few in the next 20 days. Already eclipsed anything we have sold for a home cup tie in many, many years!

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
ordered online, went through OK for me, East Stand (as I'm a cheapskate).

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
On the phone and website from 9.30. Caller 12.

Got fed up of clicking around 9.40. Got through on the phone by 9.50.

5 friends
5 fan numbers
5 tickets in the North Stand.

Done!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports