Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gene Simmons ( Kiss ) giving it straight

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Yeah, I'm aware of that. If I wasn't highly immune that might apply to me. I've looked, but there doesn't seem to be any useful data comparing transmission between a vaccinated person and a naturally immune person with regular exposure to the virus.

I'm open to being convinced, like I say I'm not anti-vax, but I would need to believe there is a point in undertaking this particular medical procedure, rather than just for the sake of it.

It is crazy to believe you're "highly immune". It absolutely isn't supported by anything at all. Getting a vaccination is not a medical procedure, that is a very deliberate misdirection and you shouldn't do it. It's an injection in your arm followed by 15 minutes of sitting around - twice. It's a very minor contribution to public health but if everyone had done it, the case volumes would be lower and fewer people would be dying.

Luckily, not everyone is selfish and is considering only the impact on themselves and nobody else. I hope you get the vaccination.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The condescending aggressiveness of those in the Church of Vaccination is one of plenty reasons why some people are going to remain non-believers.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I just don't agree that vaccination will make me any less of a risk to anyone. I'm regularly exposed to covid and I'm already highly immune.

FFS, that is just embarrassing .. and wrong on so many levels.

To use a much favoured expression from my Navy days. “you son, need to go a take your head for shit”.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
The condescending aggressiveness of those in the Church of Vaccination is one of plenty reasons why some people are going to remain non-believers.

Shaming people for not wanting to take something that could potentially kill them and doesn’t stop transmission. Well done Gene, so anti-establishment punk:

I remember when he said the same the flu was killing over 700 a week. Something like ‘If you are going around spreading flu, you’re a murderer, so make sure you get the flu vaccine.’ I think we can all agree that anyone without the flu vaccine is a inconsiderate murderer, anti vaxxer idiot and enemy of the people.
https://twitter.com/chrislittlewoo8/status/1458913508733632524?s=21

Doesn’t matter if you’ve already had Covid (like me) and that you can still pass on the virus even if you’ve had the vaccine. Natural immunity finds the virus much easier, yet the vaccine can only detect the spike protein. Over 96% of people have Covid anti bodies anyway.

Last edited:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I disagree with almost everything you have said here.

It's a statistical certainty that I have been exposed to covid numerous times and I continue to be. I am highly immune, as in my immune system is very prepared for covid , perhaps even more so than many vaccinated people - who knows.

And it is a medical procedure, I agree it's a minor one, but even minor ones come with risks, as we found out through the instances of bloodclots.

I'd just prefer not to have it, it's both a logical and gut feeling for me. I'm allowed this personal choice without being lambasted for it, we should always be free to do what we want with our bodies. I'm certainly not an 'enemy of society' - absolutely pathetic thing for Simmons and those who agree with him to say.

Is that your superpower?

At least get an antigen test, for your own good as well as EVERYBODY else.

If you don't want to pay for it pm me and I'll ****ing pay for it if you don't think £25 of your own money is worth confirming your position. ...and I'm skint.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

It’s not about belief. It’s fact based. I find it sad but not unsurprising that in the US the majority of anti Vaxxers are church goers or claim to be Christian. They refuse to believe the medical science and the overwhelming evidence regards the COVID vaccine but are happy to believe in an imaginary friend.
[emoji2369].

These very same people are happy to take medical advice and medication for many other illnesses, medication that is made and tested by the same companies that make COVID vaccine. For cancer treatments etc they are on the side of good but when it comes to COVID then they are evil pharma.

If you want to be anti establishment then fine, but pick something that’s not going to put vulnerable people at risk.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

It's a statistical certainty that I have been exposed to covid numerous times and I continue to be. I am highly immune, as in my immune system is very prepared for covid, perhaps even more so than many vaccinated people - who knows.

And it is a medical procedure, I agree it's a minor one, but even minor ones come with risks, as we found out through the instances of bloodclots.

I'd just prefer not to have it, it's both a logical and gut feeling for me. I'm allowed this personal choice without being lambasted for it, we should always be free to do what we want with our bodies. I'm certainly not an 'enemy of society' - absolutely pathetic thing for Simmons and those who agree with him to say.

How do you know you are not "a carrier" and have Covid without demonstrating the symptoms?

How do you know that you haven't already spread Covid to others that you have been in contact with - some of whom may not enjoy this same "highly immune" state that you claim?

If your immune system is "very prepared for Covid", why isn't the NHS promoting this (or you) as a defence against Covid contamination?

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
After reading through the comments , I find it reassuring that the vast majority agree with Gene’s comments . It’s a no brainer as we say !

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

It's a statistical certainty that I have been exposed to covid numerous times and I continue to be. I am highly immune, as in my immune system is very prepared for covid, perhaps even more so than many vaccinated people - who knows.

Stating with no evidence what’s so ever that you are highly immune is a fallacy. You have no idea if you have immunity let alone are highly immune. Immunity wains, do you get someone with COVID to cough in your face one a week?

Making the decision not too have due to blood clots I can understand if you are in one the groups vulnerable to the blood clots. However evidence shows that unfortunately those at risk from the clots would also likely be in the high risk categories for COVID. If you are ‘highly immune’ because of regular exposure then you are very very unlikely to be in the at risk group.

If you take this stance you will be criticised as the overwhelming evidence shows you are wrong. You are happy to criticise simmonds but don’t like when the tables are turned.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Shaming people for not wanting to take something that could potentially kill them and doesn’t stop transmission. Well done Gene, so anti-establishment punk:

I remember when he said the same the flu was killing over 700 a week. Something like ‘If you are going around spreading flu, you’re a murderer, so make sure you get the flu vaccine.’ I think we can all agree that anyone without the flu vaccine is a inconsiderate murderer, anti vaxxer idiot and enemy of the people.
https://twitter.com/chrislittlewoo8/status/1458913508733632524?s=21

Well, tbf he has never been anti-establishment, he is just associated with a style of music that frequently is. They never tried to say anything with their music, the whole thing was about looking "cool" and saying "edgy" things like "I wanna party all night"... Him and his bands are just a bunch of Ronald McDonalds aimed at a slightly older audience. Why he is being quoted, I have no idea. Most people from the Church of Vaccination could express what he did in a more intelligent and convincing manner, and those of us who are non-belivers are not going to run take our jabs "because Gene Simmons told us to".

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Absolutely, some rather vile and nasty authoritarians emerging.

The last time I looked no pro vaxxers were at schools scaring kids who wanted the jab.

The key word here is ‘authoritarians’ as you just hate being told what to do. I suspect it has nothing to do with the jab.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here