Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gene Simmons ( Kiss ) giving it straight

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
The mass vaccinations have helped to reduce the impact of covid, preventing much death and suffering. Those that get vaccinated help with this, those that do not get vaccinated do not help.

Whatever justification healthy people offer for dodging the needle, they can't escape the fact that they are being carried by the rest of us. I view these selfish people in much the same way that I view tax dodgers, thieves, litter bugs, fraudsters and dog owners who don't pick up pooh.

Jul 25, 2021
The mass vaccinations have helped to reduce the impact of covid, preventing much death and suffering. Those that get vaccinated help with this, those that do not get vaccinated do not help.

Whatever justification healthy people offer for dodging the needle, they can't escape the fact that they are being carried by the rest of us. I view these selfish people in much the same way that I view tax dodgers, thieves, litter bugs, fraudsters and dog owners who don't pick up pooh.

I view them as individuals all living separate lives. Best not to judge.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Bet you wouldn't be so tardy if the 'groupthink' (dreadful word) decided to leave a burning building.

Of course it is a dreadful word to those who are in it: they generally want to be seen as independent minds making their own decisions, not followers of propaganda. Its obviously wrong however: in a world filled with power abuse, biological warfare, endless quests for world domination and totalitarianism, pushing for global injections of anything is logically flawed, senseless and irresponsible, and the reason people buy into it isnt common sense but a case of manipulation of the mind.

I would leave the burning building, I'll give you that. I'd also jump a sinking ship. None of it would harm anyone. I'd never do such a thing as getting a security alarm or install security cameras however, as it could very likely harm someone in the future. Different situations, different choices.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Another nobber who is trying to be relevant :facepalm: He’s confused about criminal offences and personal choice for a start.

No he isn't. He's equating examples of where a personal "right", for example your "right to kill yourself with cigarettes" has been shown to have an adverse impact on others "my right not to be poisoned by your second hand smoke" [but because there was no voluntary stopping of smoking in public places] has required legislation to maintain the right of the many ahead of the rights of the few.

This is a natural analogy for vaccination/anti-vaccination... you have the "right to not have the vaccine" but I have the "right to not to be infected by viruses spread by you".

Very important post from a public figure with a wide social media presence, adding to the push for selfish b*stards who could have the vaccine, but choose not to for idiotic, unscientific reasons to be persuaded, cajoled and when necessary, shamed into thinking of others first.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Immunity levels do change, but now that we have all encountered covid it will never be the same level of threat to us ever again.

What matters is getting through this winter, after that covid will be just another bug. Vulnerable people should get covid vaccines for the rest of their lives though. I will get the vaccine (and flu) when I am older.

So basically you have no idea how immune you are.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I don't believe I am anymore likely to spread covid than vaccinated people. I lateral flow test three times a week. If I do get covid again, I am certain no medical assistance will be required for me. So no, I won't be living life as a recluse.

Congratulations on your PhD in Virology, your medical degree and your Masters in Epidemiology. I hope your inevitable, Smug C*nt of the Year award can fit on the wall among all those other certificates.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
Maybe they could wear a sign on their clothing so we can tell who isn't vaccinated?

What about building camps for them if they continue to break the rules?

Nothing sinister about this at all...

Personally, I think people who choose not to get vaccinated without a specific medical condition to justify it should have angler fish sewn onto their foreheads so we can see them in the dark (and under 8,000' of water).

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
No he isn't. He's equating examples of where a personal "right", for example your "right to kill yourself with cigarettes" has been shown to have an adverse impact on others "my right not to be poisoned by your second hand smoke" [but because there was no voluntary stopping of smoking in public places] has required legislation to maintain the right of the many ahead of the rights of the few.

This is a natural analogy for vaccination/anti-vaccination... you have the "right to not have the vaccine" but I have the "right to not to be infected by viruses spread by you".

Very important post from a public figure with a wide social media presence, adding to the push for selfish b*stards who could have the vaccine, but choose not to for idiotic, unscientific reasons to be persuaded, cajoled and when necessary, shamed into thinking of others first.

Yes, this is called negative liberty - "my right to avoid this or that" - and it is a very popular fad (hopefully) these days.

Unfortunately it is always bathing in hypocrisy (and yes hypocrisy is unavoidable but there are different degrees of it) as it is based on the idea that some people cause zero damage to others, which is just not the case. Every time you drive your car or buy some one time plastic, you harm others.

The endgame for negative liberty is not beautiful so I really hope the tide turns again.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
How is immunity quantified? T cells, Memory B cells, antibodies?

The immune system is the 2nd most complex system in the known universe after the human brain... I really don't think it's a valid statement you're making.

To put it simply, we all have some degree of immunity to covid now. I don't catch covid despite being frequently exposed to it, which means my immune system is highly activated against it, so all of the above are surely present in my system.

We do indeed. And yours is currently high. But it may or may not be forever, you have no way of knowing. That’s my point.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
How is immunity quantified? T cells, Memory B cells, antibodies?

The immune system is the 2nd most complex system in the known universe after the human brain... I really don't think it's a valid statement you're making.

To put it simply, we all have some degree of immunity to covid now. I don't catch covid despite being frequently exposed to it, which means my immune system is highly activated against it, so all of the above are surely present in my system.

Or you have zero immunity and some underlying illness that will make you highly vulnerable to fatal consequences but have, so far, just been lucky. how do you know?

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Of course it is a dreadful word to those who are in it: they generally want to be seen as independent minds making their own decisions, not followers of propaganda. Its obviously wrong however: in a world filled with power abuse, biological warfare, endless quests for world domination and totalitarianism, pushing for global injections of anything is logically flawed, senseless and irresponsible, and the reason people buy into it isnt common sense but a case of manipulation of the mind.

I would leave the burning building, I'll give you that. I'd also jump a sinking ship. None of it would harm anyone. I'd never do such a thing as getting a security alarm or install security cameras however, as it could very likely harm someone in the future. Different situations, different choices.

You don't half come out with some shit. Readable shit, but shit nonetheless. Keep taking the pills...:lolol:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
It won't be high forever, but my (and everyone elses) immune system will always have some degree of defence against covid now.

While we continue to have exposure to the virus, our immune systems will be ready to combat it and avoid illness. Only after a period of no exposure, our immune systems will 'stand down'... but it will always remember it as an antigen, so it will always be less of a risk to every single one of us now, compared to 2019.

You maybe ( wishful thinking on your part and very unscientific thinking at that) but many many others are not and who you will put at risk … But then again their welfare clearly isn’t important is it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

zeemeeuw

Apr 8, 2006
Somerset
It won't be high forever, but my (and everyone elses) immune system will always have some degree of defence against covid now.

While we continue to have exposure to the virus, our immune systems will be ready to combat it and avoid illness. Only after a period of no exposure, our immune systems will 'stand down'... but it will always remember it as an antigen, so it will always be less of a risk to every single one of us now, compared to 2019.

Whilst in your 'highly immune' state, I assume you are regularly donating your blood plasma to help the cause.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here