Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gene Simmons ( Kiss ) giving it straight

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Well, not very controversial from Simmons.

I've a long time ago made a decision in life stay out of groupthink. If people want to go to war, I refuse. If people want to vote for one or another hyped populist leader, I refuse. If people all want to buy the stuff they see in the commercial, I refuse. If people all want to vaccinate, I refuse. If people all want to blame certain individuals, minority groups or whatever it may be for whatever it may be, I refuse. I will then take my time to see if the groupthink is going in a direction I can agree with or if I want to stay out of it. People may call it selfishness, I call it independency. As someone who reads a lot of history, I believe my way of doing it would have resulted in fewer wars, sounder economies, technologies and communities.

I dont have the same faith in society that others have. In the case of vaccinations, I think the normalisation and even desire of globally injecting things into the whole population is a threat to mankind. So I'm not in it. It is quite funny that people think it is about selfishness, when vaccinations result in both societal advantages and approval from those submissive to groupthink. But I wont oppose others getting it: I just urge people to contemplate more about the wider picture, and whatever their conclusion may be, they should follow it.

I believe that is generally not the case, however. People follow other people and allow themselves to be manipulated by "experts", media and trends without much thought. What do you want humanity and society to be? My conclusion usually ends up in that I dont want it to be totalitarian and streamlined as humans are a diverse species that does not feel very happy when locked up in cages of culture, expectations, demands and groupthought. The peer pressure into vaccines is not good, as I see it, and if it was ever to be mandatory, it would be a totalitarian move as well as a move towards totalitarianism in more areas than just vaccines.

:wave:

Same here. You can brand me as one. Society is a poor construction, resulting in environmental disaster, horrendously unfair distribution of wealth and resources, poor mental & physical health, punishing diversity of all sorts. Society caused Covid-19 through its lack of respect for nature and through its greed.

Seems a bit odd to me. I look at each individual situation and assess it individually, rather than just "refuse" it based on groupthink. Otherwise you're just prejudiced before you even start?

Anyway, you have many chips on your shoulder.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Seems a bit odd to me. I look at each individual situation and assess it individually, rather than just "refuse" it based on groupthink. Otherwise you're just prejudiced before you even start?

Anyway, you have many chips on your shoulder.

"I will then take my time to see if the groupthink is going in a direction I can agree with or if I want to stay out of it"

herecomesaregular

Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Have you vaccinated it?

She was vaccinated as a matter of course before I took her from the RSPCA hospital (because no one else wanted her and I imagine after a length of time she would have been pts, as they don't promise otherwise).

She's an indoor cat currently but when I move I'll assess what vaccinations she will have depending on whether she'll go outside. Oh the control. (And yes she most probably will be vaccinated).

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Would he have the same opinion if he was 40 years younger and therefore not in a vulnerable group.

Almost certainly not. Like most boomers, self-interest is his utmost priority.

Always easy to pick a hole in anybody's POV. Like boomers allegedly always had everything lovely in their supposed garden of roses. Funnily enough, seemed like the same struggle for boomers back then that Gen XYZ are experiencing right here right now. Same as their kids will and their grandkids will etc etc at the same age. Same as it ever was...

Last edited:

herecomesaregular

Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Bet you wouldn't be so tardy if the 'groupthink' (dreadful word) decided to leave a burning building.

I always remember some particularly good fire training when the trainer highlighted that in a supermarket (or some such) that if the fire alarm goes off most people just stand around and wait to see what other people do. ie they are sheep.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Yeah, I'm aware of that. If I wasn't highly immune that might apply to me. I've looked, but there doesn't seem to be any useful data comparing transmission between a vaccinated person and a naturally immune person with regular exposure to the virus.

I'm open to being convinced, like I say I'm not anti-vax, but I would need to believe there is a point in undertaking this particular medical procedure, rather than just for the sake of it.

How will you know once you are not highly immune, out of interest? Are you doing regular antibody tests?

I ask as my bother-in-law is currently completely bed-ridden with Covid. He's been exposed to it numerous times previously, and only a few months ago isolated for ten days in his house for ten days with one of his kids who had Covid. He didn't catch it.

Now he has. Immunity levels change.

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam

Totally this.

Me and the wife are both double jabbed and in our late 40's.

We have 2 young kids aged 5 and 2.

We think it played out like this, but of course impossible to tell. Daughter caught it at school, no symptoms, brings home gives to wife, she had symptoms and tests positive, test all family, (PCR) Wife daughter both positive, me and son negative. I live in house upstairs away from all the others. Within 5 days my son catches it, I am still testing every day and negative until finally 4 days after my son I turn positive. That was 4 days ago.

I feel like absolute shite where as my wife got a way with a couple of days cold like symptoms. I have lost taste, smell, had the squits and thrown up. I can barely get up the stairs without collapsing.

Fair to say I was quite relaxed about not catching it and that things were getting better until my whole family is taken out with it. Its not been a nice experience and continues. I think more people are catching it (and less are reporting it) and a lot seem to think they just have a cold (Thats what my wife thought until she tested).

When you do finally get Covid if you get a bad dose, you will absolutely know you have it, as everyone that has knows.

Good luck.

.....and quite frankly who gives a crap about opinions of rock stars or peoples opinions about rock stars and their opinions. Look closer to home and do what is right.

Last edited:

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
I just don't agree that vaccination will make me any less of a risk to anyone. I'm regularly exposed to covid and I'm already highly immune.

As you come across as articulate and understanding of your position, I hope this backed by your actions and that are you actually showing consideration for society by not coming to the Amex, not using public transport or avoiding area where many people congregate. I assume you’ve also made written instructions that when you get COVID you will absolutely not put demands on the nhs but will stay at home and suffer on your own. If you do all of that then fine keep commenting otherwise your what can be best described as f’ing stupid c ans should shut up

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
"I don't care about your political
beliefs, if you walk among us
unvaccinated, you are an enemy.
You don't have the 'right' to go through
a red light or smoke in a building.
I hate this whole delusional,
evil idea that you get to do
whatever you want
because of your 'rights,'
and the rest of the world
be damned."
- GENE SIMMONS

I’m not a fan of rock music but I suspect most people would agree with him totally .
Another nobber who is trying to be relevant :facepalm: He’s confused about criminal offences and personal choice for a start.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here