Gary Hart released

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Feb 5, 2009
brighton
Good luck and all the best gary! the man is a legend in every sense of the word!
when my boy and myself met him was such a great guy spoke to my boy for ages even though he was on his way out to meet friends,never rushed and was always interested and friendly.He always had time for fans and my boy still hasn't stoppped talking about it! every time we go past the tesco at rottingdean lights i get "dad,remember we met gary hart there!"
I really hope he gets to stay in the club in some way!
thanks ogh-legend!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
A real Albion legend, probably the hero of Withdean. I'll never forget the goal he got against Tranmere when we won the League One Championship in 2002. It was a typical Withdean night, pouring with rain. Tranmere and a certain Jason Kumas had been bossing the game, Tranmere were also promotion rivals. Mid way through the second half Harty picks up the ball just inside the Tranmere half, he starts a run, then from outside of the box he hits the ball will his weaker right foot, the ball flies past the keeper and Withdean erupts !

Thanks for the good times Gary, you will live long in our memories.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
'When the time comes and I leave the building for the last time, there will be sadness but great pride also, I will be leaving a special club'

I am not an emotional man but that brought a lump to my throat.

Harty you are an Albion legend and all fans are grateful for your contribution to the club.

All the very best in your future endeavours whether that be as a player or coach.

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
'When the time comes and I leave the building for the last time, there will be sadness but great pride also, I will be leaving a special club'

I am not an emotional man but that brought a lump to my throat.

Harty you are an Albion legend and all fans are grateful for your contribution to the club.

All the very best in your future endeavours whether that be as a player or coach.

Beat me to it

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
100% top bloke, good luck Gary in whatever you do.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Hope he gets on the pitch today, the team have done their job and won the league, so I think Gus could afford a bit of sentiment and let Gary come on and say goodbye.
If he does I hope the entire stadium stands for one last rendition of ohhhhhh garrrrry haaaaart !

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I ALMOST put a sentimental bet on a OGH last goal today but thought better of it. I hope he gets on and plays at the Amex in the SSCF.

Gary is and will always be one of my favourite ever Albion players - a beacon of hope in our dark days and still an inspiration on and off the field in happier times.

All the best Gary.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
A terrific servant to the club and a fine example for any young player at the club. All the best for the future Harty.

ElkieB

Jun 24, 2008
Peacehaven
I feel sad to be say goodbye to my favourite Albion player in all my years as a supporter. Has made more comebacks than Frank Sinatra and his "My Way" tributer at his Testmonial Dinner was truly apt.

I hope he gets to play today and maybe start next Saturday for the 300 starts.

OGH LEGEND

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
gary, you displayed everything in a footballer that us fans want to see.
loyalty, enthusiasm, fight, spirit and passion.
thanks for the memories and good luck for the future :bowdown:

[yt]3gXBVOeFXcU[/yt]

cyanide-sid

May 20, 2010
Worthing
I remember when he broke his leg at P`boro in an pretty innocuous challenge.
I think he just landed awkwardly after going up for a high ball if memory serves me right.

He is one of those players that fans love. Never shirked a tackle, never quit in a game and appreciated what he had and never ever took it for granted.

Always gave the best of himself.

Top Albion man.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He's played for the reserves a lot this season - and I thought there might be a role for him there again next season, where as an experienced and committed player he could set an example to, and bring on youngsters as they graduate to the reserves. But, it is not to be - so good luck Harty. Hope something turns up for you for next season, and you have some more success before your playing career ends.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Great player until a couple of years ago and great pro through-out. Thanks for the 13 years and good luck to him for the future. Sounds like he could make a useful staff member one day but we'll see.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports