Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Hart released

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
definitely this , the great escape was built around Harty and Owusu and for that I'm forever grateful , and wish him the upmost best of luck.

He gave us belief through his performance in that game. Had it not been for him and big Lloyd I suspect we would not have Gus in charge today and the excitement of COMPETING in the Championship next season (as opposed to clinging onto lifeboats as we did before).

100% this.

And of course he has one of the best chants for a player.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Great servant to the club, I hope he gets offered a coaching role because it'd be a shame not to see him back.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Ditto Bristol Rovers game comments. In fact Hart and Owusu single handed kept us up that season. Hart has always been a true legend in my mind. I desperately hope he gets either a start on Saturday or a good half hour coming on as sub. I will clap loud and long.

I wholeheartedly concur with all of that. :thumbsup:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
What everyone else has said, squared.

A great servant, gave 100% every game if he was playing for one minute or 90. Never seemed to moan or throw his toys out of the pram. Hope he gets a few more minutes on the pitch for us all to say goodbye.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Great shame but time to move on - very best of luck OGH wherever you end up.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
:(

Was hoping he would get an alternative role within the club, hope this can still happen.

Best of luck for the future Gary.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
100% top bloke, anyone who was at Bristol Rovers two years ago, when we looked CERTS to be relegated to League 2, will appreciate OGH and his never say die attitude.

Best wishes for the future Harty.

Up there with his best ever performances for me. He turned it on when it mattered, BHA legend.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
One of the best, if not THE best servant of the club in my time of supporting Brighton. Good Luck OGH

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
The right decision I think, but he's been an absolutely cracking servant to the club for 13 years and I for one hope that he does get at least 5 mins at the end tomorrow at least, just for old times sake.

We're in a position where we've nothing to lose, so why not give him the chance one last time. He's earned it.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
It's the likes of OGH whose sweat and blood have paved the way to The Amex and a bright future for this club. Deserves a standing ovation and (I hope) a few minutes on the pitch in one of these last two games.

100% committed, proud to wear the Stripes and a mature, big hearted bloke too. That's rare. A genuine Albion hero.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
It's the likes of OGH whose sweat and blood have paved the way to The Amex and a bright future for this club. Deserves a standing ovation and (I hope) a few minutes on the pitch in one of these last two games.

100% committed, proud to wear the Stripes and a mature, big hearted bloke too. That's rare. A genuine Albion hero.

He certainly deserves 5 minutes of the Withdean faithfull showing their adulation!

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
I although this is the right decision and I think we all knew it would happen this makes me very sad, he has given his all for this club over the last 13 years and deserves a chance to recieve his applause tomorrow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here