Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Hart released

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Good luck Gary, loyalty is very rare these days.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Good luck harty, my boy will always remember meeting you and still talks about it now. Hope to see you around newhaven mate :bowdown:

libra-gully

Jan 26, 2011
A great servant to the club & from a personable stance, I hope he doesn't go to another League club but gets a job at The Amex.
It is great that our manager & chairman are taking the view that players should be here on merit & not what they have done/contributed in the past. Football is a brutal game & finally it seems that just not off the pitch but on the pitch the club is becoming championship professional.

This sentiment has been mentioned in a previous thread from last week.

If anyone deserved a job at the club, maybe combining helping the youngsters with work in the community, it is Gary.

It must be remembered that without him and Owusu, we could well be floundering in league two, rather than going to the Championship.

The bottom line is that at a time when the game is corrupted by money, this guy has showed his truth worth, on and off the pitch, in the colours of the Albion.

Personally, Gary helped us raise funds for the Royal Alex Childrens Hospital, in his own time, without any publicity or fee. For this kind of generoisty we should applaud the man, and recognise his efforts.

It is significant that at a time when Wardy is back in the country, we say goodbye to our most committed non league player/signing since the great man donned the stripes.

To me both share the passion and appreciation of knowing what it feels like to have worked a proper job, and then experience the delights of professional football.

If he cannot get a subs appearence in the next two league games, leading out the reserves at Falmer for the SSC final has to be a must to show our appreciation.

Good luck Gary for the future.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Feel a bit sad to be honest. Been at the club since I've been a supporter, granted the earliest game I can remember going to was the 7-1 away at Chester, so I actually feel sad for Harty. Saying that, he's been a model professional and his influence kept us up two years ago, and we probably wouldn't be where we are now

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I think Butters got it right describing him as a proper old-school professional.
I was there that night at Bristol Rovers and if that had been his only contribution to the Albion he would have been worth ten times what we paid for him. Of course there was much much more. A great club servant. Wish him well wherever and whenever (after the SSC Final?) he goes.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Sad but inevitable and a true pro. Worth every penny and more.

Cheers for everything OGH. True club legend.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Got to say that he's been knocked here recently re. his future worth, but his time with us goes back to 1998, and it is for the memory of the VAST majority of those 13 years, when he led by utter example, that should stick with us. Even recently, he's been on the bench because GP knew he could be relied upon. I would be chuffed to bits if he ended up no our coaching staff at some point in the future. After all, he is a Giggs of the League!

Very very good luck OGH and thanks for it all.

Sssshhhhh!!!

OGH. As others have said. Albion legend.

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
Our shining light whilst we were at the Preistfield. A brilliant servant and a very effective player. The change Hart has seen at this club is more than most clubs experience in a century. Albion legend for all the right reasons.

Sep 1, 2010
The guy is a legend!! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Thanks for the memories

OGH.jpg

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
bye gaz dont forget you owe me a fiver :)

Deserves a standing ovation saturday if thats ok with you , Mr Health and safety executive

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here