Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Thank you Gary, and good luck

Mammoth

Kickin' back
Jan 28, 2011
Manchester Ship Canal
I've spent a third of my life thinking Gary Hart is the bees knees. Not many would spend so long at a club like ours- I remember people sniffing round him during the early days.

Good luck for the future Gary. You will be sorely missed.

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
Please please please let him play at the Sussex Senior Cup Final, the most fitting end to a great career with us. One of a few genuine Albion legends.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Gary Hart - a great servant to this club, he never whinged if he didn't get picked and was there when needed for the Great Escape. The sort of bloke you'd want next to you in the trenches. Good luck for the future Gary and hope to see you back at The Amex.

Janbha

Dec 5, 2008
Hove
The best thousand pounds ever spent by any club for any player i would imagine , best wishes for the future :love:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Two pound forty one pence per appearance. Not bad VFM that. Well played sir, you've been a terrific servant to this club.

dje shoreham

Nov 2, 2009
wouldnt it be great for Hart to start tomorrow and then get substituted in the second half in order to get a standing ovation ... score a goal - well that would be asking too much!

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
I'm sure I contributed tearfully to a very long 'goodbye Gary' thread (to which the great man himself also contributed, if memory serves) a couple of years ago when he was initially released before being retained. So I have a sense of deja vu. But all the same - what an amazing contribution he has made over the time he has been at the Albion. There were times when he seemed to be the only player giving a sh*t at Priestfield, and times when he shone when we were on song. If ever a player gave 100% in all situations, it was OGH.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Sorry for all of the quotes but saves me typing a long winded tribute to OGH.

What everyone else has said, squared.

A great servant, gave 100% every game if he was playing for one minute or 90. Never seemed to moan or throw his toys out of the pram. Hope he gets a few more minutes on the pitch for us all to say goodbye.

The right decision I think, but he's been an absolutely cracking servant to the club for 13 years and I for one hope that he does get at least 5 mins at the end tomorrow at least, just for old times sake.

We're in a position where we've nothing to lose, so why not give him the chance one last time. He's earned it.

It's the likes of OGH whose sweat and blood have paved the way to The Amex and a bright future for this club. Deserves a standing ovation and (I hope) a few minutes on the pitch in one of these last two games.

100% committed, proud to wear the Stripes and a mature, big hearted bloke too. That's rare. A genuine Albion hero.

I although this is the right decision and I think we all knew it would happen this makes me very sad, he has given his all for this club over the last 13 years and deserves a chance to recieve his applause tomorrow.

Please please please let him play at the Sussex Senior Cup Final, the most fitting end to a great career with us. One of a few genuine Albion legends.

All of the reserves deserve their day at The Amex-none more so than OGH.

Thanks Gary for your years of loyalty to The Albion-I wish you all the best for the future.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Gary Hart is what I look to when I begin to think football is only about money, TV, diving and no loyalty. My favourite ever Albion player. He gave everything and actually cared. As we become a bigger club I’m not sure we will ever have someone like Harty again. I think I’ve seen him play in every position except centre back. I hope he is back at the club in some capacity. Him and Charlie would stop any young player or new signing being a premadonna. Thank you for everything OGH

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Get a plinth up at Falmer, bronze the SOB and put him up on it.

I'm sure actually being bronzed hurts, but if it's for the team, he'll do it.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Gary Hart you will be in my personal all time Albion XI, you sir are a legend and you deserve to be so, all the best in your future life.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
great servant for the club.... never stoppedtrying and gace his all.

justifiably an albion legend and hope he is well looked after

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It's great that even in this modern era of Bosmans, agents, freedom of contract, "three-years-here, two-years-there" deals there can still be the one-club player. Gary Hart was, sorry, is, genuinely loved by Brighton fans as opposed to being merely tolerated as a paid mercenary hired to do a job.

Thank you Gary.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here