Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Garth Crooks (made-up) Team of the Week 2023/24

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Week 2

I’m annoyed at his comments that he ‘can’t beleive Mitoma is still on the South Coast’ - bloody cheek and very dismissive towards the Seagulls. He is here because A/ we are a sh+t hot team that is great for Mitoma’s career development B/ he is playing for a team currently top of the PL and anyway C/ we do not sell our top players for less than £100m

You’d better believe!

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Solly and Kaoru both make his team of the week and are rewarded with a single sentence about their performances, followed by a short story on Wolves and Man United.

View attachment 165330
Isnt cut and pasting articles/text from the media a fringe of copyright and bannable offence on NSC - so I was angrily told by a moderator yesterday on another thread - 🤷‍♂️ Genuine question and not a dig at you btw

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
So, Gilmour was the best Albion player yet he slings in Mitoma and March because they scored the goals? Not that both should not be included in his team of the week. For once I might have sat up and not yawned at him if he included Billy in that equation too. My opinion!

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Isnt cut and pasting articles/text from the media a fringe of copyright and bannable offence on NSC - so I was angrily told by a moderator yesterday on another thread - 🤷‍♂️ Genuine question and not a dig at you btw

It is if its from behind a paywall-eg athletic, telegraph etc,

It would also be the case for copy&paste of entire articles from non-Paywall sites. However, "fair use" within copyright law does allow for the copy & paste of partial text from another site as long as it is attributed and linked back to. So in this case it's probably ok (but I'll leave it to the mods to decide where the line is).

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
I think I may need some sort of therapy - every week I read his column and every week it irritates me - I need to stop!
It won’t get better if you keep picking at it!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I think I may need some sort of therapy - every week I read his column and every week it irritates me - I need to stop!
I don't bother anymore – the only time I see it is when someone posts on here. I'm assuming he adopts the same strange approach of not really talking about the player he chooses in the justification? Or is it just #TeamsLikeBrighton?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
So, Gilmour was the best Albion player yet he slings in Mitoma and March because they scored the goals? Not that both should not be included in his team of the week. For once I might have sat up and not yawned at him if he included Billy in that equation too. My opinion!
Even more astonishingly he didn't pick Estupinan. When a defender scores a goal it is usually an automatic entry into Garths team of the week

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Really nice of him to allot most of his team of the week analysis about our player on why he should be playing for United, when we weren’t even playing United in this game… if we’d just played United you could maybe understand his narrative but it wasn’t, so it’s bizarre!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Kaoru Mitoma (Brighton): What a goal. The run, control and quality of finish against Wolves were world-class. In fact Mitoma has been producing this type of form with such regularity that I can't believe he's still on the south coast.

Manchester United have Jadon Sancho and Antony in their ranks and I haven't seen anything like the quality or ability from either of those two players that I have seen from this lad. How do United get it so wrong?

I accept that Old Trafford is a daunting stage and the stakes are much higher there, but Mitoma is a United player if ever I saw
one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here