"Fright night" at the Amex

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
i can just picture it now....

watford go 3-1 up in the 78th minute....cameras cut to swathes of grown men dressed up as GHOSTS and/or GHOULS making their early exit

at full time we are treated to the image of a 35 year old man dressed as a ZOMBIE in floods of tears

"We can see you SHRIEKING out"

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
TBH anything is a welcome distraction because midweek games at the amex are generally shit.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What a fecking stupid statement, it likely as not that these "dinosaurs" are the same fans that kept going week in week out during the wilderness years.

I'm not for driving anyone out, I just can't see the harm in attracting new ones, children especially.

I was first taken to the Albion at ten years of age and I'm still here now. Let all the kids of Sussex have a chance to get into the Albion.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

I'm not for driving anyone out, I just can't see the harm in attracting new ones, children especially.

I was first taken to the Albion at ten years of age and I'm still here now. Let all the kids of Sussex have a chance to get into the Albion.

And neither can I see encouraging kids along a bad thing either, but to insinuate that because you don't like the idea of fancy dress you are a dinosaur and should be driven out a touch OTT.

Personally I hate fancy dress, much as I hate replica shirts but couldn't give a toss if somebody else wears them.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
And neither can I see encouraging kids along a bad thing either, but to insinuate that because you don't like the idea of fancy dress you are a dinosaur and should be driven out a touch OTT.

Dinosaur may have been a bit harsh (that wasn't me anyway) but there are people on this thread who have called this Fright Night thing "embarrassing".

I don't even have kids, but I just can't see why anyone would find the idea of a six year old child attending a football game dressed as (say) Harry Potter in any way embarrassing. That's all I'm saying. Kids love Halloween. Let them enjoy themselves :thumbsup:

paul & shark

Sep 17, 2013

We have all been going since childhood.

No stupid gimmicks needed.

Maybe we do need gimmicks as the the the dilution of atmosphere in the modern era is all to see.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
What a fecking stupid statement, it likely as not that these "dinosaurs" are the same fans that kept going week in week out during the wilderness years.

They should realise better than anyone then that running a club using outdated business models will only land the club back in the shit eventually.

It's 2013, times have changed as have how football clubs need to be ran to survive.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
We have all been going since childhood.

No stupid gimmicks needed.

Maybe we do need gimmicks as the the the dilution of atmosphere in the modern era is all to see.

Probably a good job you're not the marketing manager then, as a business which relies solely on its traditional customers soon begins to find itself struggling when they die off or can't buy the product any more, or decide they don't want to because there are other, better products out there.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Can we have fight night? That promotes local boxers at HT?

paul & shark

Sep 17, 2013
Nah your wrong mate

football was football for over 100 years without all this tripe.

not needed is it, lets be honest haloween night aint gonna bring in a new generation of fans

its family, falmer, the love of football that does that, not some fancy dress bs.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Probably a good job you're not the marketing manager then, as a business which relies solely on its traditional customers soon begins to find itself struggling when they die off or can't buy the product any more, or decide they don't want to because there are other, better products out there.

Using words like 'product' and 'customers' really is like lighting the blue touch paper for the more 'traditional' fans though, many seem to believe that football is (or should be) immune to that form of logic.

Personally I'm all for anything that secures future generations of Albion fans and couldn't care less how it makes other teams look at us.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Nah your wrong mate

football was football for over 100 years without all this tripe.

not needed is it, lets be honest haloween night aint gonna bring in a new generation of fans

its family, falmer, the love of football that does that, not some fancy dress bs.

Football used to have a lot of hooligan violence. That was part of your 100 years.

If fancy dress puts one hooligan off going to games, it'll be worth it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports