Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Fright night" at the Amex

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
No problem with promoting stuff for kids, especially half term on a week night. But will be genuinely surprised if the fancy dress is just limited to the kids and no adults take part

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
No problem with promoting stuff for kids, especially half term on a week night. But will be genuinely surprised if the fancy dress is just limited to the kids and no adults take part

It's not LIMITED to anyone, just like the club- with the exception of the 1901ers, who frankly need to be kept in their place- don't specify what you can or can't wear at any other game.

I doubt many adults will make the effort, given that, as has been said on numerous occasions now, this is quite clearly aimed at children, but hey, if they do, who cares?

Since when was anyone on here the Fancy Dress Police?

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
It's not LIMITED to anyone, just like the club- with the exception of the 1901ers, who frankly need to be kept in their place- don't specify what you can or can't wear at any other game.

I doubt many adults will make the effort, given that, as has been said on numerous occasions now, this is quite clearly aimed at children, but hey, if they do, who cares?

Since when was anyone on here the Fancy Dress Police?

Just think people are quick to mock clubs like Reading and MK Dons for doing plasticy gimmicky things like goal music etc, but we're moving closer and closer to that sort of thing. After all, kids might like goal music...

If another club were doing this you can guarantee people would be on here calling it Noddy.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I applied for the job but I didn't get it. They said I wasn't qualified enough.

It was only after I posted that I glanced at my avatar and realised it was probably an error.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Just think people are quick to mock clubs like Reading and MK Dons for doing plasticy gimmicky things like goal music etc, but we're moving closer and closer to that sort of thing. After all, kids might like goal music...

I think the club has made their position very clear on goal music.

I don't see why people can't grasp that this is just a tarted up way of pushing Kids For A Quid. That's all.

Besides. I see groups of blokes all dressed in similar outfits at many football games and nobody seems to be complaining at their dress sense.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I think the club has made their position very clear on goal music.

I don't see why people can't grasp that this is just a tarted up way of pushing Kids For A Quid. That's all.

Besides. I see groups of blokes all dressed in similar outfits at many football games and nobody seems to be complaining at their dress sense.

Guess I just miss the days of people going to the football, for the football, rather than the club feeling the need to promote special 'days' and going all American like the 'Spanish/Mexican Day'. We're not going to agree on this so I'll just go back to being grumpy by myself!

More than likely the same people that have issues with us doing it ourselves, so no real change?

Think there'd be criticism from a lot more people to be honest.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
How much does a kids season ticket cost per game? If a pound is considerably lower then that then I can see some parents of kids who are season ticket holders getting a bit annoyed when the parents of the kid next to them paid next to nothing for their child to get in. But I suppose the parents are paying a ridiculous amount for a ticket, but some fans may forget this.

It's for one game. I can't see parents of kids with STs for 23 games will have too much of an issue with it.

Jimmy Grimble

Regardless of people's opinions of whether its embarrassing/cringey/Americanised, it is absolutely asking for a spanking on the pitch from Watford :lolol:

I can already hear the Sky commentators at full-time "...And it really was a fright-night for Brighton" *camera cuts away to highlights of Watford's 3-1 win, interspersed with images of depressed kids in the crowd*

Oct 25, 2003
i can just picture it now....

watford go 3-1 up in the 78th minute....cameras cut to swathes of grown men dressed up as GHOSTS and/or GHOULS making their early exit

at full time we are treated to the image of a 35 year old man dressed as a ZOMBIE in floods of tears

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

If another club were doing this you can guarantee people would be on here calling it Noddy.

If your sense of self-esteem was that low, maybe.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What are all these themed nights, whats the point, i hate it.

AMF.

In which case I recommend you position yourself outside the shop on the evening of the match and make a point of telling every six year old you see in fancy dress that they look stupid and they're ruining football for people like you.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
In which case I recommend you position yourself outside the shop on the evening of the match and make a point of telling every six year old you see in fancy dress that they look stupid and they're ruining football for people like you.

Well said!

Hopefully it drives the dinosaurs out and brings in a new type of fan.

paul & shark

Sep 17, 2013
Why would I upset 6 year old kids?

Themed nights is pathetic for football.

Cheer leaders, themed nights, all that Americanization of the game is ghastly.

Well said!

Hopefully it drives the dinosaurs out and brings in a new type of fan.

What a fecking stupid statement, it likely as not that these "dinosaurs" are the same fans that kept going week in week out during the wilderness years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here