Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Fright night" at the Amex

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If only that were true it'd be fine!

From the article above on the official site:

Albion's head of commercial development Simon Williams said, "The match is live on TV and we want to remind those watching that we've got the biggest and best support in the Football League.

"We know, due to school commitments, many of our younger fans miss out on the week-night evening matches at the Amex. With this game taking place during half-term we want our younger fans to come and fill the stadium and experience the unique atmosphere of a match under the lights.

"After our recent Spanish Day proved popular with our young fans, and with this game so close to Halloween - a time of year children enjoy - we wanted to give younger fans another chance to have some fun with the Fright Night theme.

"Once again there will be prizes for the spookiest outfits on display and there'll be a trick or treat prize draw for every fans who comes to the game, including our season-ticket holders. Five lucky ticket holders will be picked at random to win one of five money-can't-buy prizes, which will be announced in the build-up to the game."

Chief executive Paul Barber added, "This is part of our on-going commitment to continue to grow our fan base - particularly encouraging our younger supporters along to matches - and we are looking at a number of initiatives to build on our already impressive crowd numbers since we moved to the Amex."

It's for kids.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Christ on a bike. I can understand that not everyone might be comfortable with the whole Spanish Day thing.

But this is different. It could not be more clear that this is a promotion aimed at CHILDREN. It's half term. Evening games are known to be a bit harder to sell tickets for, so they're offering tickets for a pound to under 16s. I think that's a great deal and I bet plenty of non STHs with kids think so too.

The actual message says nothing whatsoever about dressing up, face painting, singing songs that don't meet with the approval of the cool kids amongst our support. I daresay some of the youngsters will go along with the theme and wear something a bit Halloween-y, paint their faces like pumpkins or zombies or witches or whatever. Maybe Gully will be dressed up too. So what? They're CHILDREN. It's meant to be fun, to encourage them to want to come. Thorpe Park have Halloween themed nights every evening for the whole of October I think, I assume you think that's wrong too.

FFS, do you disapprovers sit on the sofa every Halloween crying about how embarrassing it is that kids are outside dressed up as skeletons and knocking on doors to get sweets?

Get a grip you miserable old *******s.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I wonder if Peter Beardsley will be the guest at half time.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
An additional help to try and get bums on seats when the game is also live on Sky? Every penny helps as one supermarket chain once said.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Christ on a bike. I can understand that not everyone might be comfortable with the whole Spanish Day thing.

But this is different. It could not be more clear that this is a promotion aimed at CHILDREN. It's half term. Evening games are known to be a bit harder to sell tickets for, so they're offering tickets for a pound to under 16s. I think that's a great deal and I bet plenty of non STHs with kids think so too.

The actual message says nothing whatsoever about dressing up, face painting, singing songs that don't meet with the approval of the cool kids amongst our support. I daresay some of the youngsters will go along with the theme and wear something a bit Halloween-y, paint their faces like pumpkins or zombies or witches or whatever. Maybe Gully will be dressed up too. So what? They're CHILDREN. It's meant to be fun, to encourage them to want to come. Thorpe Park have Halloween themed nights every evening for the whole of October I think, I assume you think that's wrong too.

FFS, do you disapprovers sit on the sofa every Halloween crying about how embarrassing it is that kids are outside dressed up as skeletons and knocking on doors to get sweets?

This. I saw a kid ("chap of about 6") at the albion the other day wearing a t shirt that said ZOOM! on it. I wanted to punch the immature **** right in the face for being so embarrassing. He was making us look TINPOT.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

Loving all of this post. Spot on.

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
I think we should all wear these!!

Savile-costume.jpg

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
How much does a kids season ticket cost per game? If a pound is considerably lower then that then I can see some parents of kids who are season ticket holders getting a bit annoyed when the parents of the kid next to them paid next to nothing for their child to get in. But I suppose the parents are paying a ridiculous amount for a ticket, but some fans may forget this.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I wonder if Peter Beardsley will be the guest at half time.
It's for the kids, last thing they need is some old man with his wiener out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here