Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Fright night" at the Amex

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It's quite interesting but as I mentioned earlier I bet a lot of those doing the sneering are also those who are quite happy to wear replica shirts to matches. That too has evolved over time, certainly back in the 1960s nobody wore them, and a lot of us old timers look at anybody over the age of fifteen in the latest replica shirt with an element of contempt. Having Themed Days is just an extension of that.

Me? I like to wear traditional football-supporters garb of Doc Martens, Levi jeans, red braces, a Ben Sherman and if it's cold a Crombie coat. There. No one can call THAT fancy dress.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Right I've done a full 180, the club can shove frightnight:-

[tweet]390376694428999680[/tweet]

No Bugler can cope with that level of punage.

HUNDREDS ON THE PITCH ???only see ONE ELVIS GET ON THE PITCH AT Ipswich i think it was Mr gulls eye himself , maybe he could confirm that .
regards
DR

I thought he was invited on to the pitch, he was taking photo's anyway (if my memory's correct), although I'd swear blind he was also being bundled into an OB van when it went off outside that pub an hour before KO

It's quite interesting but as I mentioned earlier I bet a lot of those doing the sneering are also those who are quite happy to wear replica shirts to matches. That too has evolved over time, certainly back in the 1960s nobody wore them, and a lot of us old timers look at anybody over the age of fifteen in the latest replica shirt with an element of contempt. Having Themed Days is just an extension of that.

Me? I like to wear traditional football-supporters garb of Doc Martens, Levi jeans, red braces, a Ben Sherman and if it's cold a Crombie coat. There. No one can call THAT fancy dress.

it was fright night at Wembley last night, 40 somethings with the shirt was one thing, the painted face was the Crème de la Menthe

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I'm... I'm not even sure what I just watched....

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNGCapture4.PNGCapture3.PNG

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I don't think the size of the club has anything to do with it.

It's the quality and imagination of the design agency, and the free hand they're allowed to have.

Find me another club the size of Lewes, with programme design that good. You won't. But you have points as well.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
That's a good little promo for the fright night. Social media is a big marketing tool. Good to see the club using it well to promote the game and theme..

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
That's a good little promo for the fright night. Social media is a big marketing tool. Good to see the club using it well to promote the game and theme..

Yep, this is what a marketing department does.

I am pretty that the ones moaning about this fancy dress theme are the same ones who have already got their Santa Clause and Reindeer antler hats in ready for Christmas. :lolol:

Jan 30, 2008
I thought he was invited on to the pitch, he was taking photo's anyway (if my memory's correct), although I'd swear blind he was also being bundled into an OB van when it went off outside that pub an hour before KO
that's correct , i think he was trying to calm things down , that pub was rammed with Brighton funny thing was another Brighton mob came down the road thinking it was an Ipswich pub
regards
DR

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Not my cup of tea by any means but does it REALLY matter if someone at the club has put together a short video advert? REALLY?

Do agree with the comment that the big selling point is the price though.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Some great outfits on show from many of the kids at the Amex last night. They looked to be enjoying themselves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here