Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FPC Snipers Are Off Again?!

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Right I'm going to say this once and only once as I've got some work to do and I'm getting bored of repeating myself!

Is there a football ground at Falmer? No!
Has it taken nearly a decade to achieve no football ground at Falmer? Yes!
So what exactly has Martin Perry DELIVERED? f*** ALL apart from a huge debt for the club!
What's going to happen to Perry when the stadium gets built? Who knows!
So is it in his interest to string it out for as long as possible? YES!

You've only got to look at the form of the project for your evidence.

Martin Perry is money motivated, he has no interest in football or Brighton & Hove Albion anyone who has ever met the guy could tell you that.

Spot on

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It's a very minor point I know, but they've obviously seen the plans and the new images released by the club.
How can anyone not see what a fantastic piece of architecture the city college building is? It's truly stunning and as far as I can tell will actually help mask the stadium from view of Falmer village.

where is the floodlights?

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
You're all blinded by your blue and white tinted specs.

Lets change the scenario slightly, instead of a football club say we were a supermarket wanting to build a new super store on the site and the CEO of the supermarket was on the board of governors at the school it was trying to build next to (for no apparent reason). Wouldn't you think that was just a little bit dodgy?

Yes you are right Aurther. I am (not speaking for others) totally blinded by blue and white. If Falmer locals want to sell their houses I will be more than happy to put in a bid. I would be more than happy living near the ground.

I am so glad we have got permission for the new stadium. I am a little unsure of your moaning Aurther? Are you not happy?

The Goldstone Ground was once on the outskirts of Hove. Times change Aurther.
You could aways knock your house down and go live up a tree if you feel that strongly.

As for Perry, do you think he is the whole reason we are not at Falmer now? If so is that not a little blinkered?

Last edited:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
As for Perry, do you think he is the whole reason we are not at Falmer now? If so is that not a little blinkered?

Of course I don't think he is the soul reason we aren't at Falmer just don't think the bloke is the god like hero many on here are portraying him to be.

He's got his own agenda and good luck to him, I'd just rather it wasn't my football clubs money he was doing it with!

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Of course I don't think he is the soul reason we aren't at Falmer just don't think the bloke is the god like hero many on here are portraying him to be.

He's got his own agenda and good luck to him, I'd just rather it wasn't my football clubs money he was doing it with!

Maybe the agenda is to see clubs ours included have decent new stadia to play in?

He is no part of the reason we aren't at the new community stadium yet, LDC and FPC are the reason we have not started or even finished the stadium yet.

And would you put so much hard work into a project for a low wage?

Don't think so somehow :tosser::shootself

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

His agenda is that he wants a stadium built for the football club. So, you finally admit - you don't want a stadium for the Albion. You'd rather he got it built it on behalf of another football club?

Anyhoo, what purpose does 'stringing the process out' serve? It's not as though he's necessarily going to stand down as the club's Chief Executive once the stadium is built.

Are you going to answer Lord Bracknell's question? Despite the fact you think you've answered it, you haven't. Any chance of a proper answer?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

He was brought in primarily because of his expertise in stadium planning applications, and has steered the club through a monstrously complex and prolongued process that has been strenuously fought every single inch of the way by LDC and various conservation groups down to the tiniest detail of the plan. Perry and the planning team beat them all, and got us the YES decision that will enable the stadium to be delivered. Yet you still tap away on your keyboard, persistantly berating the man who has secured a future for this club. What is it, a jealousy thing ?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
His agenda is that he wants a stadium built for the football club. So, you finally admit - you don't want a stadium for the Albion. You'd rather he got it built it on behalf of another football club?

Anyhoo, what purpose does 'stringing the process out' serve? It's not as though he's necessarily going to stand down as the club's Chief Executive once the stadium is built.

Are you going to answer Lord Bracknell's question? Despite the fact you think you've answered it, you haven't. Any chance of a proper answer?

:yawn::yawn::yawn:

Now your taking to putting words in my mouth! Very good of you.

I've answered Bracknell's question on numerous occasions. You basically don't like my argument (probably because as it has plenty of legs) so to save face you are you keep suggesting I haven't.

The worst thing about it all is WHEN I am proved right the only one who is really going to suffer is the football club!

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton

I've answered Bracknell's question on numerous occasions. You basically don't like my argument (probably because as it has plenty of legs) so to save face you are you keep suggesting I haven't.

The worst thing about it all is WHEN I am proved right the only one who is really going to suffer is the football club!

But there is no basis for your argument as there is NO proof the stadium will not open on time!

Every "fact" you have spouted is in fact just supposition or your own personal opinion.

I am lucky that i work for the club and see more of how the plans are all coming together, I also work alongside B&HCC and know the six minor planning consents are no problem.

My brother is currently working on the plans for the railway works as he is a chief maintenance planner for Network Rail.

All the evidence i have seen which is a hell of a lot says this stadium will be open for the start of the 2010/2011 season as planned.

:albion2::thumbsup:

Last edited:

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury

You haven't answered his questions at all and you know it. Your argument, so far, has no legs at all. It has no logic, no evidence, no facts, no credibility and no sense.

Now is your chance to prove us all wrong and come up with some of the above...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

:thud: You have NOT answered Lord Bracknell's question. He asked which delays during that time were the fault of the club. All you replied is that there is currently no stadium. Any monkey could miss the point of the question and put the answer that you put. So, are you going to stop lying and actually bother to answer Lord Brackell's question?

Or don't you understand the question? Everyone else on here seems to.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
A big clue that FPC should have picked up is the fact it was called the COMMUNITY stadium. The club should ensure they know it's for football rather than rugby in case they've missed this point too........

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

septicman could almost have written that....

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

You haven't answered LB's question, certainly not to me satisfaction or it would seem the majority of others on here.

BTW, the money in this club is the directors money and not ours! The directors are theone's paying Perry's wages, added to this one of the directors owns his own building company, and so should know his stuff. They're happy with Perry so why aren't you?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The directors are theone's paying Perry's wages, added to this one of the directors owns his own building company, and so should know his stuff. They're happy with Perry so why aren't you?

Because it doesn't suit his warped agenda.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here